My brand NEW ipad and ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by applerocks123, Nov 28, 2010.

1. applerocks123 macrumors member

applerocks123

My grandpa just got me the ipad 32 gig wifi yesterday and i know there is a 14 day return policy and i was wondering if i should return it get the store credit and wait for the ipad 2. If it didn't come out by january or February then i would just buy the ipad again with the store credit. Should i do that? Will apple let me? when do you guys think the ipad 2 will come out?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Jan or Feb is even closer to the much anticipated release of April/May. Your better off buying it now if you know you aren't going to wait all the way.

4. iLuvMyMacToo macrumors regular

Or alternatively you could tell him the gift he bought you with his hard earned cash and good intentions isn't good enough for you so he should take it back and wait until something more to your liking is released.

5. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

One question I have is: if ipad 2 does not come out by feb and comes out in april, when does macbook pro come out?

I am hoping and wishing for ipad 2 by feb and newly refreshed(skinnier and better spec) macbook pro in april and iphone 5 on verizon in june.

That will be my spending for year 2011. :)

Yes, I can dream.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

With the release of 10.7 Lion, in the summer as Apple said. (so June?) I'm guesing WWDC is going to be big next year.

7. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

No one knows when they come out. Don't look for the MBP to be thinner though as they are already as thin a current laptop components allow.

8. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

My hope is that they lose the s drive n put bigger battery; that's doable and they should consider it.

9. AlvinNguyen, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2010

AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

You know how dreams can kill you? You keep dreaming and never enjoy what you currently have. Dreaming is great, just make sure you're loving reality - and the reality is that

-No one know when the next product comes up, stop asking
    -The iPad is amazing RIGHT NOW - use it
    -Stop asking what to do with your life - grow up, make your own decision, it's not life and death.

10. iSingandiDance, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010

iSingandiDance macrumors 6502a

iSingandiDance

Enough with the iPad 2 posts. LOL.

Apple is always going to update their products, so it's worthless to fight with yourself on whether you should wait now or later. None of the updates for iP2 are going to be deal breakers either way.

This actually takes away from really immersing yourself in the device because you're always asking what if. Allow yourself to have fun with iPad and these thoughts will soon diminish.

11. alecgold macrumors 6502a

alecgold

Just enjoy a good iPad and don't bother to much about new things coming out. I did the same, but it won't make yo any happier. Just a lot less enjoying and you're wallet a whole lot thinner.
    Certainly with the 4.2 update the iPad is almost perfect. The iPad 2 will be s little bit more perfect, but so will the iPad 3. And 4 and so on.
    Be grateful to your grandpa and use the iPad in good health.

12. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

I just bought an iPad 64gb WiFi on Black friday and this little gizmo has been a revelation.

I say just get it now and enjoy! You'll be waiting months for the iPad 2 and more.

13. applerocks123 thread starter macrumors member

applerocks123

thanks for the replys!

thanks for the replies everyone!! just for you guys to know im very very thankful for my grandpa getting me the ipad. i think its not worth waiting for the ipad 2.

14. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Enjoy your iPad. Ipad 2 will have these updates.

1. Gyroscope
    2. Front Facing Camera. Rear Facing Camera is maybe. Who would want to hold a 10 inch display tablet in the air to take pictures? But, you never know
    3. More Ram like 512
    4. More processor like 1.5 GHZ
    5. Maybe not thinner, but lighter.
    6. USB port

Nothing more. That is enough for iPad 2. Most likely there will be huge update on iPad 3.

15. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You know nada. :rolleyes:

Op, enjoy the pad. :)

16. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Oh really.. then why don't you educate me? since you know more than I do?

I know nada? That's a quite bit bold

17. gecis macrumors regular

+1 Very well said, I salute you!

18. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Just keep it and enjoy it now, I bought mine last week and am absolutely loving it!

If you use it now then you may find you are completely happy and don't need to upgrade to the new model. Having read all the stuff on here about ipad2 the only thing that will make me want a new one is increased screen resolution.

So take it from someone who has recently bought one, use it now and enjoy!

19. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

Well, to be fair, no one knows anything about the iPad 2. You are speculating. You don't know.

20. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

Fixed that for you