My C++ tool will only run on the computer where it was compiled

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by joakimk, Dec 18, 2008.

1. joakimk macrumors newbie

Hi! I have some C++ code which needs to run on a mac (it uses VecLib BLAS), so I installed Xcode yesterday on my old G4 and was able to compile and run the tool :D

However, I'd like to go to work now (hehe), where we use Linux. My plan is to have the tool on a USB stick, and simply ask my OSX colleague to run the tool when I need it. But, trying this on my G3 iBook, it obviously isn't compiled to run on a different machine. The iBook says,
    Now, jknudsen is me on the G4. What can be done in Xcode to make a standalone app? It's OK for this to be a terminal tool. Please see attached snapshot of my Xcode project :) Thanks a bunch!!

Joakim

Attached Files:

2. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

1. Turn Zerolink off.
    2. Vector code won't run on a G3.

3. joakimk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I'll make a "release build". So I should expect the program to run fine on the G5 laptops of my colleagues, then?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

G5 laptops. Please tell where you got these mythical machines from!

There is no such thing as a G5 laptop :).

5. Sander macrumors 6502

See here for a G5 laptop. You could even build one yourself by swapping out the motherboard of a G4 laptop, by buying this.

;)

6. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Your links are broken :).

I see there was a laptop called a G5 but it was not actually a G5. That eBay action made me laugh though.