Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. G

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2011
Map - can you confirm that both red and black tabs came with black case? The ebay link suggests only white/red plugs are included and not ones that would match i.e. silver or black. I love the design but would actually prefer to have a uniform color all around, i.e. black/black or silver/silver. Let me know, thanks!

Last edited:

snowboarder943

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Just ordered one! Through the ebay link from the first page.

I decided with the silver one, I will be getting a white iPhone 4s soon I thought it'd look good.

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
just ordered form amazon, it worked out cheaper than from ebay uk!

@mr. G. i ordered the white & it comes with 2 tabs one of which is white. when i searched the web i found that they provide 1 tab in the same colour as the bumper & 1 in a different colour. Hope it helps

Mr. G

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2011
Yui4 - thanks, much obliged. Pics off of their website sort of suggest that only white and red tabs are shipped.

I ordered a silver one off of eBay and am also awaiting aluminum back from CNN - - - I can post pics when everything comes in.

bigbadbuff

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2011
I ordered one as well direct from their site, thanks for the heads up on this case. Hopefully it holds up well and also works with the PS crystal film.

azncookiecutter

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
Have one of these, and although it's quite a solid bumper, it interferes with the 2 PS Crystal films I have on, so no go for me.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Map - can you confirm that both red and black tabs came with black case? The ebay link suggests only white/red plugs are included and not ones that would match i.e. silver or black. I love the design but would actually prefer to have a uniform color all around, i.e. black/black or silver/silver. Let me know, thanks!

I believe the company decided to ship with the same color tab as the bumper. My black one came with black/red tabs and the silver case came with silver/green tabs.

Order from the ebay link I put up...u should get the same cases I got :D

Have one of these, and although it's quite a solid bumper, it interferes with the 2 PS Crystal films I have on, so no go for me.

Possibly not lined up too well then as my SGP films don't interfere with the case. SGP is the same quality as PS.

Baggy Spandex

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2009
I wish I could get some perspective of how the silver matches the stainless antenna. I was thinking about doing a silver SGP Neo with a metal back replacement, but this one might also be worth a look to pair with the metal back.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I wish I could get some perspective of how the silver matches the stainless antenna. I was thinking about doing a silver SGP Neo with a metal back replacement, but this one might also be worth a look to pair with the metal back.

This is the best pic I got showing the volume button area with the silver case. MY gf has the silver case since green is her fav color :)

Wasn't a fan of any of the SGP products I tried...that silicon was junkity junk junk (my opinion of course)

Attachments

• DSC_0621.jpg
    DSC_0621.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 152

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
This is the best pic I got showing the volume button area with the silver case. MY gf has the silver case since green is her fav color :)

Wasn't a fan of any of the SGP products I tried...that silicon was junkity junk junk (my opinion of course)

Thanks for the heads up on these. I really like the way they look, and just ordered both a black and white one off Amazon ($9.99 each, can't beat that!).

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Thanks for the heads up on these. I really like the way they look, and just ordered both a black and white one off Amazon ($9.99 each, can't beat that!).

not a problem chris, happy I can share this case with everyone

love that it's slimmer than the apple bumper, poly materials all the way around, and fits super snug to the phone (even with lucky lab wraps all around the phone)

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Looks good, wish it had protection for the buttons too. I am not sure im a fan of the tab thing sticking out the side either, would have been better all smooth.

Other than that it looks good. Any scuffing or anything on the phone from this? I keep hearing the :apple: bumper does this.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Looks good, wish it had protection for the buttons too. I am not sure im a fan of the tab thing sticking out the side either, would have been better all smooth.

Other than that it looks good. Any scuffing or anything on the phone from this? I keep hearing the :apple: bumper does this.

The tab is really small, just looks big in the pics...the case is really slim and formed to the design of the phone. I like the tab...as I can place my thumb on the tab while reading or viewing something...makes holding in right hand that much more comfy

My iPhone 4 has 16 months of light scuffs from all types of cases...but the 4S has new lucky lab wraps on them to prevent the scuffing.

All cases will do this with dust and debris getting into the case

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Here are pics of black w/black tab for the people curious on how it looks

Attachments

• DSC_0590.JPG
    DSC_0590.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 135
  • DSC_0591.JPG
    DSC_0591.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 111
  • DSC_0594.JPG
    DSC_0594.JPG
    993.8 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC_0595.JPG
    DSC_0595.JPG
    319.4 KB · Views: 107
  • DSC_0598.JPG
    DSC_0598.JPG
    315.6 KB · Views: 117

Lindalou

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2011
that link now says $14.99?

I know, right. It was $9.99 this afternoon. That's what I paid. Maybe the seller read this thread and bumped his price.;)

kvizzel

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2011
Would be cooler if the tab was on the other side,

that maybe covers the mute and volume buttons.

then the tab would flip open or be easily removable.

RA19

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2009
Warwickshire, UK
Just received one of these cases today, having bought yesterday from an ebay seller in the UK. Free Recorded delivery and it arrived within 24 hours.

First impressions are very positive. I ordered the case in a bright blue colour and, although it's plastic, it looks as if it's made from metal with the sheen on the material. Very good.

The texture of the case in your hand is also very nice - soft but with a good degree of grip. The placement of the fastening 'button' is excellent - it falls nicely under my thumb in the right hand and under the forefinger in the left hand. Very comfortable to hold.

The bumper case is very easy to install and fits very neatly and snug on the phone. I have Lucky Labs edge protectors too, but it still fits neatly. There is a small amount of 'lay on the table' on both sides of the case - just enough for security but not enough to interfere when using the screen.

The two 'button' pieces for inter-changeable use on the side of the bumper come in a matte white and a metallic sheen burgundy red. They feel of a more rubbery plastic composition than the bumper itself.

The case comes well packaged and includes 2 screen protectors (not used them as already have them on the phone), a cleaning cloth and a small, clear plastic stand (about the size of a credit card) to prop the phone up on a desk.

Overall, I'm pleased with this for £8.99 including ultra-fast delivery from the seller.

Last edited:

funkystevie

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
So what is the colour of the other tab which comes with a white bumper besides the white? Would anyone be able to post some lovely photos of their white 4/4S with a white bumper and tab? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.