Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
jsw said:
Oh... well, off to the optometrist! They always get suspicious when I buy frames with no prescription, but, hey, those big thick glasses are probably just sitting there collecting dust, so they'll probably be happy to sell them.

Its not the frames without a prescription, its the fact that you have to go to the dressing room to try them on so they won't see you when you take your old ones off!

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
MacDawg said:
Its not the frames without a prescription, its the fact that you have to go to the dressing room to try them on so they won't see you when you take your old ones off!

Woof, Woof – Dawg
pawprint.gif
Well, I/we will do my/our best to hide my/our true identity/identities.

Ugg. It's too hard to talk this way.

I'll go back to posting sports related stuff as emw, tragic CNN stories as jsw, and lame attempts at humor under both identities.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
maya said:
What is it with edesignuk and his list of "fans" ;)

First a "fox" and now a "corywoolf". You really attract the animals on MR don't you eduk. :p ;) :D

In that case I hope he starts getting overtures from Bear.

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
somewhere between here and there.
jsw said:
Well, I/we will do my/our best to hide my/our true identity/identities.

Ugg. It's too hard to talk this way.

I'll go back to posting sports related stuff as emw, tragic CNN stories as jsw, and lame attempts at humor under both identities.

You are a "dualie", as in dual personality. :eek:

You creep me out. :p ;) :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
jsw said:
Sweet. Now I can take some time off.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
maya said:
You are a "dualie", as in dual personality. :eek:

You creep me out. :p ;) :)
You have to admit it, though, you like emw. I'll be sure to be nice to you in all of "his" posts.

The odd thing is that everyone thinks Lacero is e... so at least sometimes I can get away with posting under assumed identities.

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
This is all so completely f***ed up :rolleyes: :D

All of the 'tars are resembling one another, as are profiles and even post styles and posts themselves! Craziness, what are the we all supposed to think? Who can we trust? :confused:

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
efoto said:

All of the 'tars are resembling one another, as are profiles and even post styles and posts themselves! Craziness, what are the we all supposed to think? Who can we trust? :confused:

That's right we cannot even trust Steve Jobs on his promises anymore, the world has turned on its axis, hopefully it moves back to its prior position or we are all doomed. :eek: ;) :)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
maya said:
That's right we cannot even trust Steve Jobs on his promises anymore, the world has turned on its axis, hopefully it moves back to its prior position or we are all doomed. :eek: ;) :)

When could we ever trust SJ? :p

Damn Axis, although I prefer their weaponry selection in many popular video games, I do not agree with their philosophies. Long live the Federation....umm, go JLP :confused:

I just want it to be like old times, back when everyone had their own 'tar, when I didn't know that people were other people impersonating still other people, when the sun was warm and the breeze soft and cool :eek:

I'm going to take a nap....even being at work, it needs to happen. Thankfully we have enclaves with work-lounges, awesome. Someone click their heels please.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
efoto said:

It's obvious to anyone. It all starts when you become a contributor/Mod. Shortly thereafter the MacRumors goons show up, kidnap you, and replace you with an android who looks exactly like you. However, there is not much variation in posting/avatars due to the limits of the AI in the androids.

Perhaps I've said too much. Was that a knock at my door?

maya

macrumors 68040
Oct 7, 2004
efoto said:
When could we ever trust SJ? :p

Damn Axis, although I prefer their weaponry selection in many popular video games, I do not agree with their philosophies. Long live the Federation....umm, go JLP :confused:

I just want it to be like old times, back when everyone had their own 'tar, when I didn't know that people were other people impersonating still other people, when the sun was warm and the breeze soft and cool :eek:

I'm going to take a nap....even being at work, it needs to happen. Thankfully we have enclaves with work-lounges, awesome. Someone click their heels please.

even though it seems there are an infinite amount of name/number selection for a web user, chances are that peoples taste in names, numbers, celebrities, etc... there is a fair chance that either or majority will cross paths on a forum or life for that matter.

You cannot run from it, hiding resolves nothing. Nothing one can really do. :)

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
maya said:
even though it seems there are an infinite amount of name/number selection for a web user, chances are that peoples taste in names, numbers, celebrities, etc... there is a fair chance that either or majority will cross paths on a forum or life for that matter.

You cannot run from it, hiding resolves nothing. Nothing one can really do. :)

I know, things are always just simpler in my head though (because I'm simple I suppose :p). I would never have taken jsw and emw to have any relation, even given the similarities in their names. Not to mention some people being post-bots and others the same person under two names....oh geez, this is too much for a Friday. Thank god my group has an outing after lunch, paintball on the company budget, awesome :D

I'll deal with this all at a later date, after I have consumed more alcohol and have taken some time to ponder what you all have done. ;)

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
efoto said:
I know, things are always just simpler in my head though (because I'm simple I suppose :p). I would never have taken jsw and emw to have any relation, even given the similarities in their names. Not to mention some people being post-bots and others the same person under two names....oh geez, this is too much for a Friday. Thank god my group has an outing after lunch, paintball on the company budget, awesome :D

I'll deal with this all at a later date, after I have consumed more alcohol and have taken some time to ponder what you all have done. ;)
You think this thread is bad?! You should see the chaos in the pri... *ducks and runs around the corner*

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
devilot76 said:
You think this thread is bad?! You should see the chaos in the pri... *ducks and runs around the corner*
I don't have access to the private forums. :(

Devilot, shhhh, do you think you can copy and paste the threads and PM them to me? Shhh... don't tell anyone, ok? It'll be our little secret. If you can do this for me, I'll be very grateful..

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
I rescind my previous theory. There are not androids. However the kidnappings are happening. The contributors/mods are then connected to MacRumors neurally. However in recent days the firewalls that kept individual minds isolated from one another have failed. Now these "personalities" are jumping from person to person and soon there will be one personality that is the combination of all others...

gotta go, the men with that weird coat are back, you know, the one where the sleeves tie together in the back? What's the point anyway? I know I used to lose my mittens a lot but there has to be a better way to keep your hands warm than completly immobilizing my arms...

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Lacero said:
I don't have access to the private forums. :(

Devilot, shhhh, do you think you can copy and paste the threads and PM them to me? Shhh... don't tell anyone, ok? It'll be our little secret. If you can do this for me, I'll be very grateful..
But don't you see?! It's so different in its true form!!! My eyes, my eyes! :eek: So much craziness... maybe I'm just too dumb, can't keep up...

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
What is this Private Forum of which you speak?

First rule of Private Forum: we don't talk about Private Forum.

dogeyes.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.