My converted white iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BeSweeet, Oct 5, 2010.

1. BeSweeet macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

Here are some pictures of my newly converted white iPhone 4. The guys over at http://ifixyouri.com hooked me up (because of my website, YouTube channel, podcast, etc).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But, it turns out that these parts are NOT OEM. The inside of the back glass looks nothing like the OEM version. There is also a lot of glue/residue near the bottom of the front glass (which is why my screen shield is bubbling down there). A representative from iFixYourI says that it came from the little screen cover that they had on the phone when they shipped it back to me.

Oh well. Either way, I'm satisfied. OH YEAH! They didn't give me back me black parts. I'm going to see if they can send those over, or I'll really be pissed.

Other than that, it looks just like a legit white iPhone 4. Unless you know what the real parts look like on the inside, you won't be able to tell the difference (I think...).

Thoughts? Comments? I didn't pay a dime to get this service done, so it's sort of a good thing... I just want my black parts back, and then I'll be happy.

EDIT: In the pictures, it may look as if the phone has a yellowish tint. That's just from the pictures. It looks creamy white in real life.

2. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

They didn't give you back the parts they took off? did you get a credit for the parts? if not they have to send them back to you, that's called stealing.

3. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

Oh man, I guess it is. I'll call them up in a few. I can definitely give them a bad wrap and people won't go to them...

4. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Give them a bad wrap how, to the few dozens of people who watch/listen to you? Just curious, because Obama can barely motivate people, not sure how your word would sway the masses....

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Better hope they return your black front and back

6. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

A few dozen? Go do some research about my websites and such. I'll do it for you. My website gets around 250,000 views per month. My YouTube channel has over 1,800 subscribers and is partner. Some videos are able to get much more than that, including this one. I estimate that it'll get 2,000 views by Friday, and will be around forever, so that number will increase. Also, my 3 Twitter accounts has a combined total of 4,000 followers (some may be following the same accounts, but whatever). So basically, I can definitely give them a bad rep.

7. PirateP macrumors 6502

PirateP

:rolleyes:

8. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

That looks really nice!! Makes me want to unload my black one once the white one becomes available.

9. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

In that case, I ask, ummm how will you bad mouth them really? Yeah numbers are impressive for geek land, but really, you'll actually sway people...I commend your hard work, but just sayin', seems silly, I mean, I know of you now and couldnt give to craps what your "word" was....

Good luck with that, I shouldn't have replied to be mean, congrats on your website and hard work....:)

10. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

My questions is why did you do it in the first place? It's rather blah looking compared to the black version.

11. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Prob just 'cuz he wanted to be one of the few with a white iPhones, it's for "standing out" purposes, increase the size of your geek wiener...

12. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Sorry never heard of you, your website, your YouTube ivds or your twit. 6 billion people on the planet and all.

13. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

That sucks that they took them. If they do send them back, make sure you get yours or at least the OEM ones and not generic ones. good luck.

14. Surrylic macrumors regular

I'd like to point out that it'll just be the people of geek land that will be sending their iPhone's in for this, so his impressive numbers for geek land are all he really needs :p

I mean, if I watched a youtube video where someone said "hey, here's the website I went to. They didn't return my phone's original parts and the glue was messed up" I would just pass that company by. I know it may be a one in a million chance but if they're sending product out like that I don't wanna be the one to get it back that way. It's so much trouble to return things and try to request your parts back. Not attacking you in any way (hope this didn't sound like that), just saying that I can understand what he's doing, and it's a positive thing to be able to let people know when a company isn't taking care of it's customers.

15. xenuprime macrumors 6502

I hope the real one is not a creamy white. It should be a very bright white.

16. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

And does acting like this add size to your I'm going to be a jerk on a internet forum cause I have nothing else to do wiener?

theres many reason why one would do it cause maybe he likes the white look better... wow!! did that just blow your mind that someone might just like different things than you?.

17. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL, way to fight a fight, when there's no fight bro! And yeah, he got white because he wanted it for show off purposes, if he didn't then why create a post with tons of pics showing it off??? Thanks, see ya, later gator, adios....

18. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

I don't see a diffuser on the flash... or is it the angle?

Also, to the OP, most places keep the black parts as part of the payment, or "freeness" in your case, to swapping out to the white case. Soldierknowsbest did this last week or so and said it was $75 if you let them keep your old black parts. But I'm not sure I'm comfortable with non OEM parts...

19. Steveo47 macrumors regular

This guy isnt planning on telling the world, the people who go to his website ect are probably techy/nerdy guys like we al are on a apply forum... So its likely atleast a few of them were considering doing this, now he an save them the trouble.

20. BeSweeet thread starter macrumors 68000

BeSweeet

ANYWAY, I've wanted the white iPhone 4 since they first announced it. I find it to look a lot better than the black one, but that's just me.

They're sending my parts tomorrow. I'm still satisfied with the way it looks, even if they aren't genuine parts. Sort of disappointing, though. Moving on.

Some of you guys are sort of jerks. All I said is that I can give them a bad rep. Should I make a blog posting about iFixYourI, it would be one of the top results in Google. Most people, before spending a lot of money on something, will want to find a review of it. There are no reviews regarding their conversion service, so I'll be the first, and mine will be a top result.

21. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

22. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

We're jerks, yes, true, at least me. But yes! You're right. Good luck on your quest to bad mouth them.

23. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

To me, it really doesn't look good. Why is there that ridge/dip or whatever along the sides???

24. DEE9299 macrumors 6502a

DEE9299

besweeet..it just looks like your saying your gonna bad mouth them......first they did this for FREE and they probably did forget to send them back but also you should have ask/requested them to send back your black glass instead of ranting how you could bad mouth them......for someone with a website such as your thats not very professional at all....issues should have been taking up with them in private........that being said did they tell you the parts were OEM? If not than you have no real issue on that end...

25. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Ah man those perforations where the prox sensor is supposed to be look absolutely terrible. I never understood the obsession with the white iPhone to me the white iPhone always kind of looked like those cheap chinese knock off phones like the M8.

If they release a "white" iPhone they should do what they did with the 3GS and make the back part white.

Edit: Just showed the pics to my roommate. She just asked me if it was a "real" iPhone. Go figure. :p