My dog just died. IM HURT!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gregdrummeraz, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

so, about 2 hours ago I left to get my brother from gcc(college) and we got him and went to QT(gas station.. needed pepsi.) and when I got home all jacked up on coke. my little brother came out crying, I KNEW I WAS SCREWED!:(

I imediately nailed it to one of 2 things. sister and friend did something mean to him, or Moses(my best bud) died. I RAN outside in the yard and he was stale on the ground, I am sooo upset. they said he had just barely died. like minutes before I got there.

he just turned 13 last wednesday.

I am gonna miss him sooo much!:cool:

I am getting over it pretty quick. had quite a few GOOD long crys. :(

I think we are going to get a yellow lab AND/or a jack rusell terrier.

thanks fo listening to me vent, look at my puppy photo. hes my best friend. :(

[​IMG]

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Dogs really are another member of the family. I have lost 4 during my life and it's never easy. I completely sympathize.

3. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. he is actually the one that got me into macs :rolleyes: and he's my stock broker lol.

I love him and will miss him, I have had hime since I was like about 4. I a 17 now and I just gotta say. I LOVE THAT PUP! these arizona summers would have killed him this year anyway.

he was born with parvo, worms and soooo much more, but he lived. definitely exceeded what we thought.

3 years ago my family went to nashville(were I wanna live <3) and when we got home and saw him, we thought he was already about to die. he has meant so much to me.

It is trully crazy how fast it happened and how quickly I am getting over it. now that I wont miss him but because I want to. he would want us too also.

How long did you guy's wait to get a new dog after there deaths?

4. BigPrince macrumors 68020

Still waiting. 6 Years.

5. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Me too... it's hard to even imagine what it would be like to not have my baby.... I'm so sorry for your loss.

7. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

8. Cubs macrumors newbie

:( Very sorry to hear that. Dogs are great companions. It's good to hear that you're dealing with it well, and I hope your new dog can come close to the relationship that you had with Moses. :(

9. iMpathetic macrumors 68030

iMpathetic

This guy is my best friend and confidante. Dogs are non-judgmental, and unconditionally loving and loyal.

So, so sorry for your loss. I love animals more than I do people.

Attached Files:

10. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

I am so sorry!! My parents only waited about a year to replace our dog who died of cancer-- they were going to wait longer, but felt like they were missing something in their lives with her gone.

11. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

Agreed.

Sorry to the OP for his loss. Think of the good times you had and the wonderful life you had given him :). It's always tragic to lose a loved one but I always find it's easier to cope with the loss by celebrating their life as opposed to mourning them.

12. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

We always have at least 2 dogs on the go at once because they're our gundogs. So, we're never without a dog.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sorry to hear about your loss gregdrummeraz, it is always sad when you lose a pet. Our cat just died, I know. :eek: :(

14. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

15. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I'm really sorry man, I know what you're going through.

I lost my dog about a year ago, unexpectedly due do aplastic anemia, and I still miss him. I miss being greeted every time I came home and him chasing squirrels, chipmunks, and other vermin out of the yard.

It's tough but you know he's in a better place and won't suffer like old dogs do.

16. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

that sucks man...i watched my dog get put down (not because I wanted to but because I didn't want her to be alone when she died)...i'll never forget that day.

17. YeahIKnow macrumors member

That's such a pity. Waking up tomorrow will be hard knowing that it wasn't just some bad dream. I don't know how he died but what I do I know is that he died after 13 years of being loved by you. You may have lost your best friend but Moses also lost his.

You cried a lot when he died? Good, that helps. It's wonderful to know such compassion still exists. You will never forget Moses, nor should you. you will, however, have many more friends in the many years to come.

I wish all all the best in the future.

18. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

thank's. I really hope my new dog is a lover also. I wasn't either jack russel terrier or yellow lab(resembles mosey). if jack russell then I wanna name him tucker. cute name. and if its a lab,, then we want to name him noah. lol keep the trend going ahah.

thanks all for writing.:(

19. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for the kind word's. it will even be so hard to sleep tonight, I loved tht dog more then my everything. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

20. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

dang, my parents were talking about putting moe down a few months ago I just told them no! they were not murdering my dog!

I told them he will go on his own soon enough and you will save all of you precious money! which, they did not because it costed 60 to cremate.

whats was really hard was taking him there, knowing I would never see him again, and that he was going into an oven with like a bunch of other dog's.

It would have cost me another 100 JUST to get the ashes, which I understand because they would have to do JUST my dog in their big oven.

he was such a funny little rascal. I LOVE MOSES! :) and I still have MANY photos of him, he is my itouch wall paper. has been for a while and it sucked this afternoon because I forgot that his photo would be there when I powered it on. and I just started balling. I feel so weak and out of place. :( I need to eat now.

21. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

:eek: :(have you gotten a new cat?

22. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I'm sorry for your loss, but you had thirteen good years. You'll remember them fondly for the rest of your life.

I'm a dog person, but had inherited two cats that recently had to be put down due to old age. Man was I surprised when I actually cried afterwards.

Maybe a puppy will take their place soon too. :)

23. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

He was suffering. I could see it, he had become very skinny, still ate, my family thinks he may have gotten valley fever when they were digging out pool this past year.

heres a photo of the pool.

[​IMG]

yard is even MORE different. we worked hard and moses was always there for comfort.

and one more of the little work companion a few months back. during the pol build.

[​IMG]

24. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

no offense, cats are trash! :D my dad H-A-T-E-S! cats, but they are still companion and do grow onto you.

25. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

labs arent they?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.