Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Good news! I just received a call from Apple Executive Relations in response to my e-mails to Steve Jobs. She told me that Apple will have my MacBook Pro replaced when I come to Canada next month. She apologized that Apple cannot replace my MacBook Pro here in Saudi Arabia due to local laws regarding customs, and the fact that Apple does not operate directly in IMC countries.

I took the opportunity to raise my concerns regarding their IMC program and the bad name it's giving for Apple. She assured me that Apple aware of these concerns and that they're working hard on a solution for IMCs.

Let's see how this goes :)

Great, looks like we're now getting somewhere.

And no, I don't think Steve Jobs is reading this thread, as another poster suggested.

Think about how busy he is...lol. Unless MR is his hobby, who knows?

For all we know he might have already posted here under a fake account. In fact, maybe I am Steve Jobs!

Bloomedis

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2007
Sj?

Great, looks like we're now getting somewhere.

And no, I don't think Steve Jobs is reading this thread, as another poster suggested.

Think about how busy he is...lol. Unless MR is his hobby, who knows?

For all we know he might have already posted here under a fake account. In fact, maybe I am Steve Jobs!

queshy is Steve Jobs.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Null
UPDATE September 4th:Well, I expected to be in Canada a month ago. Unfortunately, I had to stay in Saudi Arabia. It also seems unlikely that I'll be in Canada anytime soon, maybe by December or even next summer. Earlier today I was on the phone with Apple Canada Executive Relations, and their only solution is to wait until the next time I'm in Canada. They are unable to ship a replacement MacBook Pro to me due to Saudi Arabia's own laws and custom regulations.

Abu Tech

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2008
I cant believe the awful experience you have had! I really do hope you eventually get everything sorted! I am moving to Saudi Arabia soon and was considering getting a new mac from over there but but after reading this thread I think I will buy it here in the UK as at least I will have the UK warrenty to fall back on. I just hope all my electrical equipment works there as im not sure what voltage everything operates at in the KSA. UK electrical goods run at 220v.

OnlyMe

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2008
I live in Saudi Arabia, and I was planning to buy Mac pro. However, when I read your story I freaked out.
I believe we all should raise our complained to apple demanding solution……..
Because not everyone could go to US or UK and in your case Canada... I can't….
--
And the service here is so horrible . Here you either take it or leave it. And the costumer is one who’s always wrong ….!!!!( I hate salesmen)
-----
I’m so happy that you finally have a good closer . And that you didn’t give up( I would give up in the second shot)…
Good luck receiving your second Mac

SaudiMac

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
I live in Saudi Arabia, and I was planning to buy Mac pro. However, when I read your story I freaked out.
I believe we all should raise our complained to apple demanding solution……..
Because not everyone could go to US or UK and in your case Canada... I can't….
--
And the service here is so horrible . Here you either take it or leave it. And the costumer is one who’s always wrong ….!!!!( I hate salesmen)
-----
I’m so happy that you finally have a good closer . And that you didn’t give up( I would give up in the second shot)…
Good luck receiving your second Mac
my personal recommendation is to buy it from itechia, they import the Macs directly from a US based distributor so their macs are under the international warranty and not IMC. They also hired Apple certified technicians as they also handle service and support directly.

Voidness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Null
May 28, 2009: I'm typing this on a brand new 2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro! Apple have agreed to arrange a replacement here in Saudi Arabia, after I contacted Apple again back in March. It took Apple more than 2 months to arrange the deal with their local representatives, much longer than expected.

I'm very grateful to Apple. I'm really glad this is finally over. :):D

EDIT: I just noticed that I posted the original post nearly a year ago! :)

SaudiMac

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
May 28, 2009: I'm typing this on a brand new 2.4GHz Unibody MacBook Pro! Apple have agreed to arrange a replacement here in Saudi Arabia, after I contacted Apple again back in March. It took Apple more than 2 months to arrange the deal with their local representatives, much longer than expected.

I'm very grateful to Apple. I'm really glad this is finally over. :):D

EDIT: I just noticed that I posted the original post nearly a year ago! :)

yes, it's about time, really ...

What about the warranty? do they cover the machine for the next 12 months? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.