My FaceTime is down again

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Applejuiced, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

All of a sudden today I try to make a facetime call with my i4 and call failed right away.
    I try turning on/off facetime in settings but all I get is "Activation unsuccessful. Turn on facetime to try again."
    I dont know what the prob is, I didnt install or change anything since a few days ago that facetime calls worked.
    Im JB on 4.0.1 and also got Facebreak installed.
    I been fighting with it for 3 hours now. Removed facebreak, reset network settings over 50 times, restarted, toggled airplain mode, facetime on/off and still nothing.
    Anyone got any suggestions or what is causing this to happen and how to activate facetime without a restore.
    I already had to do a restore and setup as new 3 times since I got it and its starting to get old.

2. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Sounds like something else is screwing you up. Maybe facebreak? I been using my3g since the jailbreak without having to restore or any problems. I do keep it simple:
    My3g
    Mywi
    FaceTime FPS mod
    Cydia & Rock

3. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt its facebreak cause it worked fine for weeks now. Even facetime over 3G. Now I cant even facetime over wifi:)
    I tried 3Gunrestrictor before and that instantly ruined facetime also as soon as I installed it and couldnt get it to work again so I switched to facebreak.

4. troyhouse macrumors 6502

this is first time i have seen Applejuiced reporting a problem that he cant fix... now we are all screwed...who will we contact if we have issues with jb and restore....:(:(:(

5. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D
    I know, its driving me nuts:D
    I can fix it but its a pain restoring and setuping as new again. Then transfer everything back thru itunes, then install all my cydia packages again, SSH my custom homescreen items etc....
    Am I the only one that keeps getting his facetime screwed up? Maybe something is causing it?

6. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

How much cr@p are you installing on your phone?

7. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Not that much.
    I try to keep as less stuff as possible.
    NoSpot
    OpenSSH
    BiteSMS
    SBsettings
    facebreak (but I removed it)
    pdf patch
    remove background
    remove recents
    Yourtube 2

8. pujols617 macrumors member

pujols617

AppleJuiced, i have had the same problem this past week! i would initiate FaceTime and it wouldn't even ring, it just says failed...wth is goin on?

9. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Hmm, can't say I ever had facetime mess up on me except when the jailbreak first came out. 3G Unrestrictor hasn't given me any problems - both 3G and wifi facetime work fine

10. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I've had the same issue with 3G unrestrictor and Facebreak. Uninstall Facebreak and then turn FaceTime off, turn the phone off and back on, then activate it. Don't respring, restart it. That worked for me before. Good luck.

11. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No clue, something is screwing it up on JB iphones.
    I tried many mumbo jumbo steps I came across but for a change now it doesnt give me the Activation unsuccessful message.
    Its just stuck on "Waiting for activation" for over 15 minutes.
    I'll keep everyone posted if I get anywhere:)

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Honest to god my Facetime just went out. I kept getting a called failed on Wifi. I followed the steps I stated above and boom, Facetime activated. Honest to god :eek:

13. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I tried that about 28 times so far:D

14. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I reinstalled 3G Unrestrictor this time and FaceTime went out instantly. I wonder if AT&T and Apple managed to do something to cause FaceTime to crash if I even attempt to use it over 3G? I had to uninstall it, restart the phone, and then restart FaceTime. I guess I can't use 3G Unrestrictor anymore, wow!

Edit: I tested it with Facebreak too. Facetime won't work at all if I have either 3G Unrestrictor or Facebreak on my phone, it'll work fine if I uninstall them and restart the phone. Can anyone try it out with My3G and see what it does? My sister has 3G Unrestrictor and hasn't had a single issue - ever. I just Facetimed her with her connecting over 3G. I've had so many issues with MMS having to reset the setting in order to send/receive them, and her phone is functioning immaculately, how lame.

15. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, 3G Unrestrictor was giving me alot of headaches with facetime also thats why I didnt bother with it on my last 2 restores.

16. LaZyFLiP macrumors regular

No Issues w/ 3G Unrestrictor

I've been using 3G Unrestrictor on my own iPhone and I have 2 other iPhones with it and I haven't had any issues with FaceTime. Just for reference I also have:
    1. SBSettings
    2. biteSMS
    3. LockInfo w/ Lock Weather Plugin
    4. SnapTap
    5. Safari Download Manager
    6. Remove Recents
    7. Winterboard

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

18. supervelous macrumors 6502

I had the same problem with 3G Unrestrictor, after I installed it about a month ago my facetime didn't work, wouldn't even activate. I even called AT&T & Apple (without telling them I was JB of course) and went through all the troubleshooting steps.

I uninstalled 3G Unrestrictor and Facetime activated immediately. Reinstalled later and at first didn't activate 3GU to work for Facetime, but had paid for it but using for other things.

Then 1 day I put the Facetime on to test it and it's been working fine ever since. I'd try to reboot, power off and on, without Facebreak installed, activate over wifi, then reinstall and see what happens. Seems quirky though and I have no idea why mine started working all of a sudden.

Good luck.

19. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Mine stopped working too, no idea why, it was working fine the other day and now I can't even activate facetime either..:confused::confused:

20. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I had the same problem. I uninstalled my3g and rebooted. Worked like a champ, but when ever I reinstalled my3g it would work for a minute or two then mess up again.

21. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

I just remembered I made a facetime call yesterday on 3G no problem, and now I can't even make one on wifi or even activate it, definitely weird..

22. redbeard331 macrumors 6502a

redbeard331

Ok I got it back by removing facebreak and rebooting, I removed a couple Cydia programs I installed yesterday too, so I'm gonna re-install everything one by one and see if I can find out exactly what's causing the problem.

23. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

happened to me couple weeks ago, i had to do a restore as new and it fixed facetime. use pkgbackup to get cydia apps back. time consuming but easy.

24. LoLife macrumors regular

Don't know how much this will help you, but I had a problem with 3G unrestrictor too. I only added like 2 or 3 programs for the 3g trick to work and I could never get facetime to work. Always failed on first ring, beep whatever. You have to add all the programs and wham facetime worked. No clue how my buddy came to realize that but he did. Wish I could help more juiced as you have helped me in the past

25. Applejuiced thread starter macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Thank u.
    So add all programs to be unrestricted and hope FaceTime will activate after a restart?