My First Apple Product

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pavehawkcsar, Mar 16, 2011.

1. pavehawkcsar macrumors newbie

After my HP G72-B54NR decided to fail (faulty motherboard), I started looking at the MacBook Pro products. I haven't used an Apple computer since elementary school, and I know that there will be a slight learning curve going from a Windows OS (my HP is Windows 7) to OS X Snow Leopard. To be honest, I've been against using Apple products since I could decide on such things, but after seeing Windows OS's crash, fail to work, I felt it time to warrant a look at a Mac. Granted, my HP fritzing out wasn't exactly due to Windows, but I wanted/needed a laptop that could be durable as well as not have to problems plauging PC's. Sure, I could have bought a higher end, more sturdy PC but it still would have had the troublesome, clunky Windows. I asked around among the shop about the MacBook Pro, and while they stated that the price would be higher than PC's, it is a better product that lasts longer and would be durable. I started research online and my Google queries kept leading me to this website, which I found informative and not full of bickering and trolling found on numerous other sites. I decided to order a MacBook Pro, 15" inch, with the 2.66 GHz iCore 7 processor. After reviewing many sites I felt this one is the best for my personal use while also watching price. Hopefully it will arrive soon, and I will not be disappointed as I was with my HP.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

You are going to love it!

3. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

That's last year's model...

? :confused:

4. pavehawkcsar thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I hope I do. The HP was bought in December 2010, which led me to buy the Mac instead of staying with a PC. I'm sending that faulty piece of junk back to HP later this year when my mailing address is more stable and my mail isn't threw around like a bag of waste, as it is at my current location. I believe the Mac will get here in new condition, due to the fact of Amazon.com's packaging of their products. Well, to be fair, I've never personally had a problem with them.

5. pavehawkcsar thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it's last years model, but to me it is irrelavent. No offense, of course, but I judged my useage for the computer rather than the year that the model came out. After all, it's not like I ordered a Commodore 64 and expect it to be state of the art. This one was the right price, to me, and I imagine it will be a vast improvement over the HP. I do understand your questioning of buying last years model, with us living in a world where technology is constantly improving, sometimes year by year. :)

6. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

You're welcome. Welcome to 2010.

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Don't worry about it - lots of folks opt to go with the refurbished slightly older models. The price is right, the warranty is good - and you are happy. That's all that matters!

8. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

9. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

BTW, I'm just giving you an easy time. You will find the your judgement will surpass all in a few months. You have a fantastic MacBook model and it is wicked fast for a lot of people.

10. pavehawkcsar thread starter macrumors newbie

I got you. Now that's what I like to hear "wicked fast". I'm obvisously new to the Mac family, so I'll be asking questions if they come up, but not without researching it first. I, like I'm sure a lot of other people, get mildy annoyed when people ask questions that Google could answer in a few minutes, or rehash old topics that were already discussed on this site earlier.

11. roberthallin macrumors member

Now that's a rational and nice attitude right there.

Welcome!

12. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

The learning curve is not real bad. I purchased my first MBP last year and really enjoy it. Much nicer than most other laptops as others have already stated.

13. pavehawkcsar thread starter macrumors newbie

That's good to know. I've messed around with the display model a few times, and it seems fairly straight-foward. I imagine that commands and other little quirks like that is what I'll have to learn. Take Crtl+Alt+Del on Windows, I don't even know how to do that on a Mac.

14. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Nice. Congrats on your purchase. You'll love your new Mac. :)