My friend still can't get confirmation e-mail

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
I just had a friend switch to a Mac and he tried to join the site but still hasn't gotten his confirmation e-mail.

Here is his info:

[edited]

Any idea what's wrong? He tried to do this yesterday.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
leekohler said:
I just had a friend switch to a Mac and he tried to join the site but still hasn't gotten his confirmation e-mail.

Here is his info:

[edited]

Any idea what's wrong? He tried to do this yesterday.
- Don't post people's passwords on the forum.
- I deleted the account so it doesn't get hijacked. Tell him to reregister and use a different password. The reason he didn't get a confirmation email is he typed in the wrong email address.
- Note: you also can't use yahoo.com email addresses to register due to the number of spamming accounts created.

Comment

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Oh God- you're right. I shouldn't have posted his password. The only e-mail he has is yahoo at this point. He has Comcast as his provider. Should he use that?

Comment

leekohler

macrumors G5
Original poster
Dec 22, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
Are you ready for this? My friend has Comcast and they never told him what his e-mail address was let alone set him up with a password. They just plugged him in and that was it. How do we fix this? We went to the Comcast website and it was no help. So he's been using Yahoo instead. Should we call Comcast and complain?

Comment