My grade Before 3.0 was an "A-"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by semin28, Jun 30, 2009.

1. semin28 macrumors regular

Now i give it a "C-"

Wifi signal - sucks . I never had a problem with wifi before 3.0 in my house . Now i cant even get a decent signal on the second floor .

Battery life - sucks . Battery life was good for me . It would usely warn me that 10 percent is left and i rarely had it die on me . But now it never warns me about the 10 percent left and it just dies . I had it die on me like 4 times already . I never had that many dies before 3.0

holding Home button for 7 seconds - doesn't work anymore

Volume - Sometimes i try to adjust the volume but it wont let me .

Apple better fix this soon . Or hello zune HD

2. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

you can always go back to the wonderful 2.2.1 till apple releases an update on 3.0

3. celticpride678

Hopefully Apple will release in the next few weeks. I am having the same problems as you.:(

4. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i've seen other threads with people with this problem but i haven't had any problems at all. try restoring

it doesn't warn you at 10% anymore, only at 20%. but i somewhat a agree with you here. it does seems like less battery life but not as bad as you describe.

they changed it because that's how you bring up voice controls now. to exit apps you have to hold down the sleep/wake button until the red power off slider appears, then hold down the home button.

do you mean the volume scrubber doesn't show up? on 3.0 on the 1G the volume scrubber doesn't appear when nothing is inserted in the headphones jack.

5. COSE23 macrumors newbie

hang on

Hang on now. Don't do anything hasty there. You could downgrade, or just wait it out till they release and update, it'll be here soon. I haven't had any trouble with 3.0.

6. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

Thats not a bug. Apple removed that because now (on the iPhone 3GS) holding the home button launches Voice Control. So now to force quit applications, hold the sleep button till it says slide to turn off. Then hold home for 7 seconds. Then it will quit.

EDIT: never mind, beaten too it.

7. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

I havent upgraded to 3.0 yet because I am awaiting my new ipod touch but the battery does warn you at 20% and 10% on 2.0 (or whatever it is now).

P.S. I think I am getting a Zune HD anyway.

8. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I just found this out . When u fast forward a song a thing comes up about scrubbing . What does that mean ?

9. celticpride678

Scrubbing just means like skipping ahead. It now tells you what you are doing, unlike before.

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Wrong. If we all had that concept, we'd have ourselves a Zune. The scrubbing now lets you scrub faster or slower. Like fine-tune.

Sorry OP, but I don't any problems, just an update. No home button for 7 seconds, that's not a problem. That's just a feature that's been updated and changed. WiFi signal works well on both my 2G and my friends 1G that I'm holding for her.

Just because it doesn't warn 10% anymore doesn't make the battery life worse. When your parents stopped telling you to brush your teeth in the morning, it doesn't mean they don't love you. It means you're growing up.

And for the last fake "problem", try cleaning your screen. I've had that happen to me because my friend who used it was eating something with sauces and gunked up the screen.

11. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Can't you just back out of an app anytime by pressing the home button? Why would you need to hold it down for 7 secs?

12. Austin2048 macrumors 6502

Austin2048

ive had 3.0 for about 2 weeks. when i first got it i jailbroke it. the only problems ive noticed so far is that cydia crashes sometimes, more often when im not connected to wifi, and if i apply BlackDarkness or All Black, it has a lot of bugs. i havent tried any other themes. i havent had any other problems besides those 2

13. Jani-Appleseed macrumors member

Another thing I noticed excluding scrubbing wi-fi range thing etc. is that the auto-backlight thing is more 'accurate' it adjusts quicker and more precisely, anyone agrees?

14. tumpy macrumors newbie

Slide your finger downward when scrubbing, it will let you go forward much more precisely. Keep it on the "timeline" for normal scrubbing, near the bottom of the album artwork for fine scrubbing.

15. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

I just got a new problem . I was updating some new apps and the wifi signal sucks so bad that it was taking forever to update. So I restarted the iPod. Then after I restarted it was updating again. Well after they all updated I restarted my iPod and when I turned back on some of the apps had the wrong icons to the wrong app . WTF .

16. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Still not bad for a .0 release. Anyone remember 2.0? +D.. Apple is working on 3.1 that will be adding more **** as well as improving the 3.0 bugs that people are having...

17. ccbr01 macrumors newbie

My first post on macrumors. Thanks for this great board.

Wifi is horrible with 3.0. My sister's 2.2.1 iPod is hands down better in wifi than my 3.0. Also, her apps store and iTunes store apps launching seem to fly by my iPod.

Hopefully they will have this fixed in 3.1.

18. ZuneMan? macrumors regular

Sounds bad.

I definitely wont be upgrading my 2G touch now. Thanks for the heads up.:cool:

19. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Glad I didn't update to 3.0...I'll wait for fixes.

20. semin28 thread starter macrumors regular

Arrrrrrr so fricking annnnoying . My apps keeps crashing now . This update makes me wanna switch to the zune HD when it comes out.

21. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Is there any chance you are running Splash Shopper?

It seems to have the "kiss of death" to my wifi under 2.2.1 - so i'm curious if there could be a few apps causing a bunch of problems?

I'm afraid to go to 3.0 at the moment.

22. smiddlehurst macrumors 65816

A couple of questions for anyone with problems under 3.0

1) Have you jailbroken your iPod, either for 3.0 or in the past? If so, restore from scratch and see if it helps.

2) Do a reset on your device (i.e. shutdown and restart) and see if the problems you're experiencing keep happening. It's amazing how few people restart after doing a mass of app updates and it can cause problems.

3) If a particular app is causing problems check to see if it's having issues with 3.0. Some seem to suffer quite badly and probably best not to use 'em until they're updated.

I've got 3.0 on my 1st gen and it's fine. I've had a look for friends at two 2nd gen units now that were causing grief and both had been jailbroken. Did a complete reinstall of 3.0 from sratch, avoided the jailbreak and, surprise surprise, everything worked as it should do. Not saying there aren't units with issues out there, only that my own limited experience was that those issues are more likely to occur if you're doing something Apple didn't intend you to do.

23. Black Belt macrumors 6502a

Black Belt

Why do upgrades always require "fixes" to work right? Don't they test this stuff?

24. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

They usually keep everything secret and in-house but Apple allowed 3.0 to be tested publicly by the iPhone app developer community.

25. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Nothing is perfect, and they don't have time to fix every possible bug they can find. If Ballmer did that with Windows, we'd still be using a (superior, but older) OS called XP for the next few centuries.