My Griffin Simplifi came in today

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by HelloMikee, Jun 30, 2009.

1. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Perfect pairing for iphone users/photographers:

[​IMG]

2. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

what does it do?
    does it just combine a dock with a card reader, in order to save desk space?
    or does it somehow interact with the iPhone? (copy pics, etc. from iphone to flash or vice versa)

3. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

4. adster macrumors regular

It's a dock that doubles at a card reader. There's also a few USB ports on the back to also double as a small USB hub. Plus, it's cheaper then Apple's Universal Dock at $35.

Looks like the InCase Slider to me.

5. JakeN488 macrumors member

This will charge the 3Gs correct? Nice looking dock either way, will come in handy when uploading from my new Nikon D60 :D

Also where did you purchase for $35?

6. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Nice, but my D90 can beat it! :D

Also, it's $35 here as of now and it's actually $44 on Amazon so that's a great deal.

7. JakeN488 macrumors member

Ah D90, very nice. I'm just starting to get into SLR photography so the D60 should be more than sufficient. Anyways, thanks for the info I look forward to using this to upload into Aperture.

Looks like you used a point and shoot panasonic for the picture of the dock, I want to see high quality from the D90 :p

8. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Well, same actually (about the SLR thing). I have a bad habit of spending a LOT on equipment on hobbies I'm just starting. :eek: Good luck anyway, on the Simplifi and D60! :)

9. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Yep, it's an incase slider... metallic gold on top and gunmetal on bottom.

Pic was taken with the new Panasonic TS1. Great little camera to have around at all times, even in the pool :)

And as someone else stated, it's simply a dock with a card reader and two usb ports in the back (mini hub)

Here's another pic (this is taken with a Sigma DP2):

[​IMG]

10. HashamSyed macrumors newbie

The website says it comes with a AC adaptor but can that AC adaptor charge the iPhone while on the dock or is that just for USB? I am looking for something similar but want a dock that can charge the phone in the case through AC as well.

11. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

nice...

Hey do you need an adaptor from the Griffin site or can you just sit the 3GS in the dock?

+1 on the power source question. I want to know if it is powering up the phone from the USB or if it can do it from the power outlet alone.

Love the incase slider case combo. Darn making me rethink my mighty cozip case. Then again, you can get about five colors of the cozip for one of the sliders. ;)

12. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

Yes, it comes with a ac adapter as well to be able to charge through an outlet...

You don't need the adapter when it's hooked up via usb (still charges) but I have mine plugged in and noticed that it charged a lot faster.

As far as the adapter for the 3GS, with a case on, it sits rather well without any adapters.

13. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Thanks for the update on the charging. It's better getting the faster charge!

Will avoid that nice looking slider case, as I had a black cozip and really liked it and then ordered the blue one. It just came today. Love it. Both cost less than half what the incase slider does. :cool:

14. HashamSyed macrumors newbie

Unless you got a different model which I don't think they make but Simplifi does not charge iPhone from the provided ac adapter. That is only used to power USB port. The only way to charge an iPhone on it is to connect it to a powered on computer. I tried plugging the sync connector to the Apple's power adapter but apparently the current is not supplied on the right pins.

Is there a way out to charge the iPhone using Simplifi but not connected to a computer?