My Home screen is different

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Opie, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

After i updated to 2.1 my home screen looks like this. I actually like it though. It is NOT jailbroken either. I have reset it and done a restore and it still looks like this. Pretty cool IMO. Just curious if anyone else has this issue.

Attached Files:

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Do you mean the grey status bar? It is odd. Have you previously jailbroken? Did you restore from a backup?

*EDIT*
    The only thing I can think of is that you jailbroke, used Winterboard, installed the "solid status bar" theme, and somehow it didn't get wiped when you restored (and if you did jailbreak and later restored from a backup, I'll put my money on that as the cause)

3. Opie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opie

Yes I mean the grey bar. No i have never jailbroken this iphone 3g. However I always restore from backup when I have issues. I did have a fist gen that was jailbroke. I sold it when i got this one. When I got home from at&t i restored from backup.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

ok, new theory; restore, but not from a backup, as a new phone, and it should go away. backups get hosed.

5. awesomator macrumors regular

i actually like the gray stats bar. Ithink mine use to be stuck like that. weird

6. Opie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opie

I could but I actually like it. I have no dropped calls but safari crashes occasionally. I like the way it looks. Thanks for the input though.

7. UberDy macrumors newbie

8. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

It's a webclip.

9. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

maybe someone changed it when they had your phone, then when you retored it you got the same screen from the backup

10. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

The status bar style isn't user editable, it can only be changed by apps, but will revert to default when apps quit. (Unless jailbroken)

11. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

dude, love the LSU icon- nice win against auburn eh? ranked 5 now! now if USC would just get removed from the AP altogether or at least get put where they should be. 2-0? c'mon!

12. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

It's weird how some parts of the OS are "caught" in the back-up and others aren't.

13. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

14. Opie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opie

Yeah it was a great game. We were sitting on the 20 yard line on Auburns side in the south endzone. We were right where Williams through the touchdown to Byrd. Auburn fans were giving us crap when they were up 14-3 but we hung in there and when LSU went up 26-21 I literally saw their soles drain from their eyes. It was magnificent. They looked like they were gonna cry. Who ever your team is go to their football website and make a webclip and it should give you an icon. That is how i got the LSU icon. It goes directly to their schedule.

15. txr0ckabilly macrumors 6502

i have that same icon and my espn icon (myespn.go.com) and the shortcut to our football pool all on my home-screen.

16. jalen9827 macrumors newbie

My screen is the same....

My home screen is the same way. This is the original 8 gb iPhone w/ no mods and has not been jailbroken either. i am running the 2.1 software. see attachment.

Attached Files:

17. Opie thread starter macrumors 6502a

Opie

How is that the same. You have no grey status bar at the top.

18. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

The gray status bar only appears when you have an App open. Otherwise,
    it is black.
    Oh wait. Wow. I just noticed post #1, by Opie. That's different. In being completely honest, I think my homescreen had the gray bar before I updated to 2.1 .
    The Wikipanion App is the best!!! :D

Attached Files:

19. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

How is it the same way?

And dude, for the love of god, check your mail.:)

20. chrisjonny macrumors member

chrisjonny

finally someone who agrees that USC is overrated too bad Mizzou moved down one after the LSU win

21. iphonecode macrumors member

22. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

i would say it most likely has to do with restoring from your old backup from your 2g jailbroken phone.

23. sk8tergaro macrumors newbie

24. sk8tergaro macrumors newbie

just jailbreak it

okay so i have jailbroken every firmware that has came out. from 1.0.1 to 2.1

my home screen looks like this

5 in dock
    no dumb dots for each page
    a sick background

so yes come on apple just give me a theme maker and ill stop jailbreaking it....hahah not jailbreaker for life

Attached Files: