All iPads My Husband surprised me with an Air

Geekbabe

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Playing with the new toy now, He even sprung for a 32GB model so I won't need to worry about space problems :D

Reading through the forums for tips & tricks but need to ask what in your opinion are must have apps?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You are lucky to have such a good husband! :D

Must-have apps? Totally depends on what your interests are. But I'd say get Dropbox and/or Onedrive, for exchanging files between your computer and the iPad. Also, turn on Find My iPad and iCloud backup. If your husband also has an iOS device, get Find My Friends and friend each other, and you have a quick way of letting each other know your location. And download the iWork and iLife apps that you get for free with your new iPad.

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Check out the Top Apps list in iTunes for a start. Then, if you share some of what you like to do or are into, I'm sure other members will have LOTS of suggestions.

Trvlngnrs

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
Dropbox
Evernote
Local and US news apps
Tapatalk (for forums)
Assorted games
App Shopper

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
That's awesome and congrats. My wife got me mine on launch day and waited in line to surprise me :)

Have fun with it!!

AxoNeuron

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2012
The Left Coast
I'd suggest Apple's free Podcasts app. Podcasts are free, and there are SO many amazing high quality podcasts out there. I like to listen to them while I'm driving to work, on a lunch break, doing laundry, etc. My favorite podcast is "Hardcore History" by Dan Carlin. It's not some dry history lecture, it's pretty fascinating stuff. For someone who has never heard his podcasts before, I'd suggest starting with Show 41 "Thor's Angels", covers the post Roman collapse period. There is also a lot of NPR podcasts that are pretty good.

Last edited:

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Depends what you are into. I like my sports, so have the BBC and Sky Sports Football apps installed.
If photography is your thing then Lightroom (if you have a CC subscription) or snapseed a both great.
Games are fun, but very personal taste. Spend some time on the App Store and read some reviews.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
he did something wrong.. LMAO
Nope! He did something VERY wrong!

Enjoy the new toy. Good hubby you have there. Would not concern myself with apps right away. Get use to it first and see what you will use it for mostly. Then it will be time to look for apps. We all use our iPads very differently from one another, so apps I use, may be useless to you.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
he did something wrong.. LMAO
Nope! He did something VERY wrong!

Enjoy the new toy. Good hubby you have there. Would not concern myself with apps right away. Get use to it first and see what you will use it for mostly. Then it will be time to look for apps. We all use our iPads very differently from one another, so apps I use, may be useless to you.
Not necessarily :)

I bought my wife her Mini when she kept asking to borrower my iPad :)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
My darling wife just took over mine. Who am I to argue with the powers to be. Guess I kind of gave it up, so to speak.
So did you get yourself another one?

And yes, I firmly believe that "What is the wife's, is hers. What is the hubby's, is also hers." :D

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
So did you get yourself another one?

And yes, I firmly believe that "What is the wife's, is hers. What is the hubby's, is also hers." :D
Could not agree with you more!

No, but she does on the rare occasion allow me to use it. I will probably not get one as I have a MBP that I can use.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
bringing someone an ipad is the hi tech version of bringing someone flowers.. lol jp OP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.