My iPad 2 Launch day experience. Don't know whether to laugh or cry!!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Applefanbuoy, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Applefanbuoy macrumors newbie

Ok, so here's my iPad 2 launch day experience.

I hadn't planned on queuing up. Instead I planned to order it online at 00:01 to ensure I made it in time for the first batch of deliveries.
    But I was disappointed that delivery estimate was 2-3 weeks instead of 2-3 days as it was for the US at the time of launch.

So I decided to soldier it and get up early to queue at the Regents Street London store.
    Called in a sickie and started queuing at 0800.

I ended up queuing for about 10 hours and managed to get what I wanted. A white 32gb wifi model.
    I enjoyed the experience, what with the free pizzas, pretzels, pastries and drinks, and the chit chat with fellow Apple fans.

Got home and my excitement and sheer joy was short-lived. My boss called me to tell me his displeasure of being lied to after having seen images of me queuing up, consequently I got the sack.
    Girlfriend also wasn't happy that I took a Friday off (I never have Fridays off, she works nights) and rather than spend time with her, chose to queue up for a "Stupid toy". We argued, and consequently, she dumped me.

So 9pm on a Friday night, I was tired after a whole day of standing and now jobless, and girlfriendless.

But hey... at least I got an iPad 2 32gb!!!

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

3. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

She'll be back. Once she learns she can't live without your spontaneity and zest for life. Oh well that's the best I could do. Sorry that you got sacked from your job. Here in the States I have heard similar stories of people calling in sick and having their bosses find out. Don't know if any of them were sacked, but I am sure that they were disciplined in some way.

Well at least you have your iPad.
    :):mad: whatever the case may be.

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

What?!?!? :confused: :eek: You're not serious, are you? :confused: :eek:

5. Bheleu macrumors 6502

Lol

Should have just bought one on eBay dude.

6. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Well, I hope you didn't love your job. I say your better off without the girl. I don't get why guys stay with girls like that. She should have understood that you wanted an iPad. Some girls are just too self centered.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I hope the majority of your post is a joke (the girlfriend and job part) :eek:

8. epictempo macrumors regular

Some? lol...more like most. Find a better a job and a geekier girl.

9. FireSokar macrumors regular

Atleast now you can collect unemployment, and still make the same buck as working. I'm sure you can fill your idle time sitting here posting on comments like me :(

10. MasonH macrumors member

Cute story - made me smile. Your professor in Creative Fiction 101 would be proud:D