My iPad 2 Saga

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fdot, Mar 22, 2011.

1. fdot, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011

fdot macrumors regular

First I want to say please don't hate on anyone especially me.

Day one I lined up and got shot down on my At&t iPad dreams and got stuck with Verizon. At first I liked it, but then noticed after a couple days that the service wasnt as good as my original At&t iPad. So my decision was made, return my iPad 2 within 14 days and buy the At&t one I desire. Well things don't always work out so easy, as u may have heard, NY has quite a scalper problem and I fell victim to them day after day at my local apple store (staten island). So I turned to my friends here at macrumors for some perspective as to what the rest of the iPad world have been doing and stumbled upon the target info thread and read and read and read and stumbled upon a user named jmgore75 who posted a python scriptwho I believe modified someone's script but am not sure. Anyway I first brushed it off but then decided to give it a try. After one whole night of nothing(closed stores) and a good chunk of my morning gone, I get an email!! Ding. 10:37am jersey city has 64gb At&t in stock I jump in the car and race over. On my way, another email that says the staten island store has the same unit in stock. I call target and ask the question that they have heard 60000 times. Any iPads? Answer was a quick no! I hung up and called back, this time I got a yes , i said can u please hold it for me , followed by a no sorry... But I was close to the store. I screeched into a parking spot and sprinted to the electronics and was greeted by a security guard. Are u the guy he says. I smiled and said yup. Can I buy two. He said yes I got them and as I walked away was a scalper looking for it. I got out with the last 2 64 at&ts. I hastily post one on CG and got a bite for 1350. Sold in an hour.
    So I now have an AT&t and a Verizon( which is being returned shortly to apple )
    So I wanna say thanks to macrumors site and thanks to the original script writer. This was a great bday gift for me. I paid 470 for a 64at&t iPad after the sale. Thanks again

2. outphase macrumors 65816

Huh? So you took it away from a scalper... just to scalp it yourself?

3. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Reading that was painful. I got a nose bleed.

4. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

^what he said.

Paragraphs can be your friend!

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

6. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

You can say thanks to the scriptwriter via PM. This isn't Blogspot.com.

7. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

cool story bro. except for the part where you turn into a scalper yourself :rolleyes: if you were so against them you should of sold it for retail to one of the 500 people here looking for one.

8. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

S p a c e b a r i s y o u r f r i e n d

9. gwen1o macrumors member

gwen1o

I thought it was a great story :). So what if you are too excited to separate paragraphs?

Love that you got one for yourself and sold one for a profit, too. Seems like almost everybody else is, so why not you, too?

Congratulations!:D

10. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

11. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Hey, safety first. :p Anyway, great to read about your success story & congrats on snagging one. :)

12. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks and ur right btw. I'm typin and driving right now. And I know some people would like to me to crash cause they are haters.

Ps returned my veripad already

13. thetorque macrumors member

thetorque

Whoa seriously I beg you not to text/type when driving =( . . . I don't want you to crash. It's simply not worth trying. Your life worth more than a few seconds you think you can save by doing that.

14. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

B...b...b...but he just had to share his excitement!

15. ravenas macrumors regular

Um, it's not "frustrating the scalpers" people criticize you for. It's "frustrating the average consumers by scalping yourself" that earns you a few marks against ya.

16. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

poop

you m m mm mmake make me happpy

17. Durious macrumors 6502

This is a frustrating thread to read you state your annoyance with scalpers just to become one within a short time frame while still having an iPad just not an appropriate version that you'll likely scalp to!

I think the remainder of the posters have said it but fail!

18. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

First off Canada FAIL
    Robins williams said it best
    "God bless you Canadian people. You're so ****ing nice eh. "
    "Canada's like a loft apartment over a really great party. "

and i must say fail i did not.. i succeeded in getting the ipad i wanted for a lot less money and managed to scalp an ipad to a scalper and made more then he is going to make... duh #WINNING

19. ravenas macrumors regular

Wait, you actually think you sold that unit to a scalper? Seriously?

20. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

yes u boob,
    he had a trunk full of ipads and told me if i get more he needed a 100 more

21. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Karma will be a $&@?!

22. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

really, what was so terrible
    troll
    winning

wait am i turning into charlie sheen

oh ****
    karma got me

23. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

And spellcheck. Builds character.

24. fdot thread starter macrumors regular

yeah thanks.. typed most of these from my NEW IPAD WHILE ON THE ROAD...

Reading Others posts Besides the first is also your friend...

25. rworne macrumors 6502a

You care so much to call the person who goes to the counter after you a scalper, when you have literally no idea what the intentions of the other person might be.

Lots of folks are getting one for themselves or for their family members. So we don't know what their intention may have been, but we certainly know what YOUR intention was...

I was in competition with another iPad purchaser at Target last week. Though we both wanted exactly the same thing, he was there first and I gladly kept my mouth shut while he asked for what he wanted while I sweated out whether they had another in back. It turns out they did. It really saddened me to see the other guy think that I would try to screw him out of his purchase.