My iPad's clock is wrong. Very wrong.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Incidentally I have had my IPad since day 2 of release and not noticed this problem before. I am also running the latest version of iOS
Same I got mine day one and have only noticed this for about two weeks. I know I would have noticed sooner if it was there though.

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Same I got mine day one and have only noticed this for about two weeks. I know I would have noticed sooner if it was there though.
Could this be in any way related to iTunes 10.1.1 if the WiFi version relies on syncing to update its clock?

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
Could this be in any way related to iTunes 10.1.1 if the WiFi version relies on syncing to update its clock?
That's a very good possibility but it seems that if this were true more and more people would have this problem. I haven't heard of much people with this but don't rule out this could be a iTunes bug.

iBought

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
I have the same issue. Make sure the clock on the computer you are syncing to is not the problem too. My ipad has been 15 minutes fast for some time now.

Jsn

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2008
My iPad is 3 minutes fast for the last two weeks even after syncing. Any solutions besides manually setting the time?
Yup. Mine is also exactly three minutes fast. If it was the internal clock somehow shutting down for some reason, the inaccuracy would be the other direction; it would be slow, not faster.

Curious. A big hit to iPad functionality, don't you think? All these organizer, meeting planner and scheduling apps rely on accurate time. There's got to be a network push solution for keeping our clocks in accurate sync.

Last edited:

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
Interestingly I manually adjusted my iPad clock to 15 mins in the past. Synced and the clock stayed 15 mins behind, whereas I would have expected it to have corrected. Not sure what this means but I thought it was worth mentioning.

iBought

macrumors regular
Dec 2, 2010
Manually changed mine. Have not synced since, and the ipad is BACK to running exactly 12 minutes ahead, just like it did before. What is up with that?

eaterdeltustin

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
Mine is ahead by about 7 minutes. Just noticed this a week or so ago, and got mine in July. It's funny that someone did mention the possible connection related to using BT, because I did start using it around the same time. But, I did use it months before and I didn't notice any time difference back then.

chrismac2

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2008
Seattle, WA
Mine is 5 minutes fast. Even after syncing with my mac........weird. I just noticed it this morning. I don't think it's always been 5 minutes ahead....not sure when it happened.

tshort

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
Mine is 5 minutes fast. Even after syncing with my mac........weird. I just noticed it this morning. I don't think it's always been 5 minutes ahead....not sure when it happened.
Three of three iPads that I know of are 5 minutes fast...

tomatillo

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Yeah, 7 minutes fast. Only noticed because it's charging on my desk and the alarms are going off sooner than the iMac and iPhone.
Will have to remember to manually reset before using astronomy apps. A bit disappointed in Apple, again.

Cicero76

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2008
I am having the exact 7 minute problem. It's frustrating to have my iPad's calendar alarms go off 7 whole minutes prior to my iPhone. Apple and their clocks!!! Ridiculous!!

mooman

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2004
Karlsruhe, Germany
Running iOS 4.3.5 on a 64gb iPad with 3G (turned on) connected to o2 Germany.

Syncing to iTunes 10.4 on Lion. The time won't get updated and it doesn't seem to pull it from the cellular network either. :(

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Just discovered this when I accidentally had alarms set for iPhone and iPad at same time.

My iPad 2 is minutes fast -- and I can't fix this???

What a ridiculous fail by Apple if they haven't mastered correct time, yet.

Glad I paid for that highly rated alarm app. :rolleyes:

bike-lover

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2013
Fix: resetting the wrong time on ipad clock

After jailbroken my ipad, the home clock turned wrong.
i.e: home clock is not the current home time setting.

I've tried to go to "Clock" -> "World Clock"

1. Deleting all previous world clock settings.
2. Re-setting new world clock list

-> Nothing changed.

But then, this is the solution, while I went to "Settings" -> "General" -> "Date & Time"

- "Set Automatically": Turn it off
- Time Zone: Selecting your current time zone, in my case "Asia/Hochiminh City"
- Set Date & Time: choosing your current time.

Mission Accomplished.

Good luck to everybody & have a good day.