my iPhone 4 battery is terrible, how can i fix it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CBillups1, Nov 17, 2010.

1. CBillups1 macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

ever since i got it then battery has been horrible. barely using it, the battery barely lasts a day.

its jailbroken and unlocked.

how the hell do i fix this?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What's your version of horrible?

Your post lacks information, but the average seems to be 5-7 hrs total with mix usage.

3. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

4. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

none really, just regular app store apps. i think i got sbssettings or w/e thats really it.

my battery drains like crazy, i mean this isnt how the battery is supposed to be. if i use it sparingly during the day then when i get home the battery will be at 20%. if i dont use it period and let it sit , it gets down to about 40-45% without usage.

5. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

That is indeed very unusual. Do you use a navigation app by chance? Not removing it from the multitask bar can really ruin your battery life when it comes to big apps like that.

6. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

if you havent already done so, the obvious would be to turn off push mail, turn down screen brightness and if you have it...get rid of winterboard.

7. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

i dont have winterboard, my brghtness is medium and has always been so my screen isnt bright at all.

also i dont use navigation, the only app i frequently use is facebook.

8. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Get a replacement, then. You may have a faulty unit, methinks.

9. spikefood macrumors regular

If your down to 30-40% with no usage then you need to do a restore. Something is very wrong with your phone, and its likely the jailbreak.

10. spikefood macrumors regular

How could he get a replacement when hes voided his warranty by jailbreaking and unlocking. He would first need to do a full restore before going into apple, which would likely fix the issue.

11. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

yea try restoring and if that doesnt improve results then head down to the genius bar.

12. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Well, jailbroken iPhone 4s still shouldn't have that bad of a battery life methinks.

Unless he's doing something that he's not mentioning or unless his phone is doing something behind his back.

13. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It sounds like you don’t know much about your jailbreak. I’d guess you have something running in the background or your mobile substrate add-ons are causing a conflict. Would you have any idea what add-ons you have? Go into SBSettings and check, if you don’t know.

14. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Hmmm...that's funny, I get great battery life. Oh yeah, that's right, my phone's not jailbroken. I guess you get what you pay for.

15. aohus macrumors 68000

well you're missin out bud.

16. CBillups1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

CBillups1

like i said i have nothing else running, i dont use too much stuff on my phone and dont customize.

i remember a big thread with this happening to other people and doing something but dont remember.