My Iphone 4 will do till at least iphone 6- not falling for it again!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by needthephone, Jan 14, 2011.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

Iv'e had every single iphone model available here ie 3g, 3gS and 4. If I was honest the 3g would do just as well for me as the 4. I rarely use face time and the camera is OK and the retina screen isn't for me that big a deal.

So unless the 5 is compleatly revolutionary I will be waiting this time.

The thing is the 3g feels and acts like the 4 (OK a few small differences) which is apples wish but it's also a reason not to buy the next model as the ios is so portable.

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

yeah some how I do not see that happening. iPhone fanboys are going to take the crap and give apple the money no matter how small the change.

3. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

I know I'm gonna end up doing just that >.>
    Haven't decided if I'll stick with AT&T or move to Verizon yet, depends on what the iPhone 5 can do.

4. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 5 in July!

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

:D

We'll refer back to this thread after he posts in the My iPhone 5 Was Shipped Thread on launch day.

6. driphone macrumors regular

To our OP: You missed the most important iPhone ever and that was the one @ $499 & $599 when it first came out ( I am gonna frame my 8GB original and real smartphone). I would like to take what you're taking if you think the 3G is as good (AKA:as fast) as the iPhone4...
    chilax and have fun.

Dr. iPhone

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cant even compare the iphone 3G to the i4.
    Try using a 3G after you used an i4 for a few and it will drive you nuts. It is slower than a turtle. Trust me it does not feel or act the same, not even close.
    The 3GS is not bad and pretty speedy but the 2G and 3G models are better off at 3.1.3 and below IMO.

8. Jkazmeyer macrumors regular

Agreed.... But what could iPhone 5 possibly offer... I'm not talking about the specs.... What will it do that I can't do with my 4... I've bought every iPhone so far as well, I just really feel this ones perfect. Now, I would like to see some improvements made to iPad, but I'm very happy with the phone. I like it so much, I'm looking for reasons not to upgrade. Guess time will tell.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree but we wont know and wont be able to really decide untill we hear and see what the next iphone is all about.

10. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

You didn't get the orginal iPhone? Damn your a slacker.

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Unless the iPhone 5 is totally re-designed with a larger screen with signifcant changes like the 3G(s) -> i4, I'm sticking with this current phone. If I can, I'm going to wait until 4G rolls out and I'm no longer under contract and decide which network has better price/plans before upgrading again.

12. -aggie-, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011

-aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Sadly, I think we're stuck with this size screen.

13. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Yes, the tiny iPhone screen is loved by many.

I can't stand it now that my other smartphone has a gorgeous 4.3" display. It's so far superior. I don't know why most people here fear change.

14. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Well if the rumors are true (and they seem likely) the iPhone 5 will have a complete re-design, so a larger screen is wishful thinking considering iOS 4.3 aims to getting rid of the home button.
    No home button = more space, more space = possibly bigger screen

Btw OP, unfortunately, chances are that you will fall for it again.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Until someone loses the prototype in a bar, we know nothing. ;)

16. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This time around Apple needs to "loose" a prototype iPhone somewhere new, everyone is going to be looking for it in bars. Maybe in between the seats of a movie theatre, or a coffee shop? :D

17. blackberrypilot macrumors 6502

I plan on skipping the iPhone 5. The 4 is very fast and has more features than I need. Dropped calls suck, but data is great.

18. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Rest assured, dear friends, there will be some new feature that'll have us all eating our words come July. Happens every year. I've just resigned myself to expecting to buy every model iPhone. Saves a lot of time and effort not having to restrain myself for several months only to cave at the end anyway. LOL

19. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

As you have had all the other iPhones, the odds are against you not getting the 5. Just think about it as it gets closer and closer!:eek: LOL!

20. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

the only way i could ever use an original or 3g iphone without stabbing out both of my eyes is if it was running fw 2.0

21. TJone macrumors 6502a

But removing the home button could only help the screen size in one dimension and it sounds like Apple has no plans to make the actual phone any bigger. Most people like the current size. I would be happily surprised if they did though. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages IMO.

22. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Seems like every second phone is a big, big upgrade. Makes sense - keeps those coming off 2 year contracts interested.

2G -> 3G = not huge, same screen, camera, processor, yes it had the faster networking and GPS but it didn't feel like an entirely new phone.

2G -> 3GS = Massive upgrade, much faster, GPS and compass, much better camera, video etc.

3G -> 3GS = Good upgrade but still the same look to the handset, still has GPS etc.

3G -> 4 = Massive upgrade, huge increase in speed, retina display, HD recording, awesome camera etc.

3GS -> 4 = similar to the 3G/3GS upgrade, an improved phone all round but not the gobsmacking difference from the 3G.

3GS -> 5 = likely to be a big upgrade

4 -> 5 = likely to be improved in all areas but not going to feel as drastic a change for those moving up from a 3GS or earlier.

4 -> 6 = big one

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I hear this more often then not, and yet people line up for the latest and greatest. Don't get me wrong, I do the same thing. I was a 3G owner who then got a 3Gs. I then went to the Nexus and saw the droidx, and jumped on it.

Its the nature of the beast and when the carrier gives you incentives to upgrade why not.

24. vachargerfan macrumors regular

I think the next iPhone will follow these lines. Bump in specs and 64GB but other then that, it will look the same. I will hold off unless it is a huge jump

25. aneftp macrumors 68040

To me iPhone 4 should really be code name iPhone version 2.0

iPhone 2007 (version 1)
    iPhone 3G (version 1.25). Really exactly same as iPhone 2007 except they made it plastic in the for better antenna reception and added GPS and 3G (both of these features should have been included in original iPhone)
    But processor , RAM, camera, screen were exactly identical.

iPhone 3GS (Version 1.5). Probably considers first minor upgrade (better processor, double RAm, improve camera. But screen was almost the same.

So iPhone 4 is really the first major upgrade to the original iphone thats why i call it version 2

Thr OP is right iphone 5 will be just tweated a little nothing major screen wil be the same resolution maybe a little more RAM and more camera pixels and more hard drive space. But nothing major

Skip iPhone 5 (if u own iPhone 4) an werent eligible for subsidy upgrade or have cash to burn.

Since I have both cash to burn and upgrades every 12 months, I will still upgrade to iPhone 5 regardless since I always like the lastest greatest.

I will either sell my iPhone 4 or give it to my sister who is currently using my old iPhone 3GS. She's the "average" customer and doesn't need the lastest although the iPhone 4 will feel "new" to her since I keep my phones in super mint condition and the screen is much better than iPhone 3GS.