My iPhone 5 not coming from china ?? (Pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jerrahh, Sep 16, 2012.

1. jerrahh macrumors regular

I just did the ups trick cause it wasn't working before. It works now but it says it's come from well here look at the pic [​IMG] any ideas ?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

You're probably getting a refurbed prototype...

(kidding)

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

ok, so what? it will be there friday. who cares where it comes from?

4. jerrahh thread starter macrumors regular

Cause it's odd to me that everyone else's will come from china and mine is coming from USA, best I can guess is it came over Ina shipment before it was scanned ?

5. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

They all came from China, yours (ours) just happened to be shipping from their warehouse in IL.

6. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

I'm sure some are stockpiled here in the USA. You got lucky. Maybe your phone will be early since it is so close.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

Just a word of caution for those that are using the "Reference" information to find their "order" on UPS. Many of these "matches" may not really be your iPhone 5.

Until you receive your email from Apple with your 1Z... UPS number, you might be just getting another UPS package. Please double check the weight and for example the 2 LB packages are not an iPhone 5 from Apple! :(:eek:

Dave

8. jerrahh thread starter macrumors regular

I have not ordered anything else and it's my phone number and my zip code and it says will be delivered the 21 st by 3 why would it be something else

9. mbsaeger macrumors 6502

mbsaeger

Hope I'm able to get it early, it has overnight shipping from IL... Theoretically it should be here tomorrow, however they must have a hold on it as it says 21st delivery.. We will see if someone slips and delivers it.

10. jerrahh thread starter macrumors regular

Also I have looked at alot of ppls ups things and all the weights on them are different.

11. blunti macrumors 6502a

If it matches destination address then I don't see a reason why it would deceive anyone...

12. moogs macrumors member

13. 1siklex macrumors newbie

My iPhone 5 is shipping from Nashville, TN with a Delivery date of 9/21

14. dave006 macrumors 68020

Your package weighs to much. It should weigh .40 kg or about 1 lb in US.

Also your packages from within the US are showing Next Day Air Saver which would put it at your door Next business day delivery by end of day ( Residential Destinations).

Dave

15. mcarthon macrumors regular

Mine is also shipping from IL and weighs 2 lbs

16. jerrahh thread starter macrumors regular

Maybe it has something else in there lol who knows maybe the shipping stuff is 1 pound lol

17. myworld2008 macrumors regular

I am with you.. Same thing 2 lbs. from Addison, IL (16GB black att with holiday ship)

18. jeffm5690 macrumors regular

That's not your phone. The shipping weight is not 2 lbs!

19. mcarthon macrumors regular

20. pittman87 macrumors regular

It's the phone people. Mine says 2lbs as well. I haven't ordered anything lately that ships UPS besides the iPhone.

21. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Wow, you're absolutely right. The weight states 0.40 kg, hmmm. Is that accurate?

22. jerrahh thread starter macrumors regular

Pretty sure it is, I really don't think something else is coming with my cell phone number and to my zip code on the 21st. Like I said it prob has maybe something else in the box paper wise or maybe it was a guess. I guess alot when I put weight on stuff when I ship and print the label and it still gos

23. rfbandit, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012

rfbandit macrumors regular

rfbandit

Mine is sitting in ZhengZhou, China, and scheduled for delivery by 10:30 am on 9/21!

[​IMG]

24. northofnowhere macrumors member

I ordered 2 phones, with 2 different numbers. Putting both of those numbers into UPS and I get two separate tracking numbers with shipments from Addison IL. Both say they are 2lbs with delivery dates of 9/21. We have ordered nothing else, and nothing else from Apple.
    These are our phones...bottom line!

25. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

When I got my 4s last year it started off in a warehouse here in the US. Apple seems to stockpile products in the US before launch. My guess is that is what happened here.