my iPhone 6 64gb battery only lasting 12 hours

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TJEPP, Sep 21, 2014.

1. TJEPP macrumors member

I seem to be only getting around 12 hours of use out of my Iphone 6, Not liking it very much,, My 5s lasted longer

2. PTLove macrumors 6502

You are almost certainly using it more than you were your 5S at the moment. Give it a week so your usage returns back to normal.

3. TJEPP thread starter macrumors member

regardless its a bigger battery

4. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

regardless its a bigger screen....

5. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

Doesnt excuse a worse battery life. Dont be an apple excuser, if the battery life is worse that is worse, it should be better as said by apple themselves.

6. jlyanks85 macrumors 6502a

Your getting 12 hours of battery life and your complaining? The 5s never came close to that.

7. LinksAwakener macrumors regular

It's not worse, you're using it more than normal. Don't be so quick to pass the blame. If after a week it's still giving you issues, return or exchange it.

8. munkydust macrumors member

I'd be happy with 12 hours of battery life with moderate use. My 4s didn't make it through the day. Hopefully my 6 will be different.

9. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

For me the battery is better then my iPhone 5 by a lot and the battery is proportionally larger in relation to the screen. The only reason it's slightly bigger is because the new more efficient processor

10. KevinMHC macrumors member

I'm getting poor battery life with mine too. Pulled out at 100% 12:30. It's 5:30 now and I'm at 24%. I'm not using it much more than my 5S, may be a little more but still doesn't justify the poor battery life.

I'll give it a week to see if the battery gets better before I bring it back to apple. Just put a screen protector on it today too ><

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think you missed the whole part about "you tend to use a brand new phone more than you do your phone you have had a year". In other words, the OP is likely using his 6 more RIGHT NOW than he was using his 5S just days ago.

It always amazes me the battery life threads that pop up mere days after a new phone launches. Give it at least a week to settle in, get back to your standard usage habits, and judge from there.

Apple did say the battery life was better, but only by about a 20% margin.

12. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah im in the same boat, but i just changed a few settings to get maximum battery life, and it seems to be fine now.

after a week or so, i will probably notice much better battery life because i wont use it as much.

13. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Define "use."

When you go into the settings would it show 12 hours of standby and 12 hours of use, side by side? Like, you got it out in the morning and never put it down?

Because if that's the case you're beating Apple' own estimates which claim only 10 hours of use web browsing.

Or do you mean you used it for 3 hours out of 12 and then it died? Because if it's that, something is wrong. But if this is the case you really didn't give us nearly enough information.

14. Woochifer macrumors 6502a

I've never had 12 hours of active use on my 5s, so you're doing fine. By all accounts, the 6 increases the battery life quite a bit compared to the 5s.

15. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

12 hours of use (unless it's in standby for like 10) sounds nice. I get back to my normal routine tomorrow and will be curious how well the 6 compares to the 4S. Even with very light usage my 4S went from 100% to 60% by the time I got home and to <40% before I went to bed.

On a day of heavy usage it only lasted 4 to 6 hours.

16. johnnylam macrumors newbie

johnnylam

12 hours?! Is that 12 hours of actual usage and not combined with standby time?
    I had my iPhone 6 for 2 days and I average around 6-8 hours of USAGE and about 10-12 standby hours.

17. KevinMHC macrumors member

that's 1-2 hours more than what I'm getting :(

----------

That's 1-2 hour more than what I'm getting :(

18. Snot Rox macrumors 6502

Snot Rox

....I'm getting about 6-7 hours. With my 5s it was about 5-5.5.

19. Cryates macrumors 65816

Another thread whining about battery life that is good. I mean, after 12 hours you can't charge the phone? Sheesh. Just plug it up when you go to bed.

20. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

21. Col Ronson macrumors 6502a

the 6 is rated with slightly longer usage time than the 5S, so the OP's argument is completely invalid.

bigger screen negates the bigger battery advantage. 12 hours of usage is pretty good actually for any iphone, seeing how its rated for only 10 hours of battery life.

[​IMG]

22. TJEPP thread starter macrumors member

12 hours of pretty high usage, wifi, LTE, internet browsing

23. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Check location services, that was a killer on my 5S, turning a bunch off that did not need to be on, greatly improved the Battery life

24. FriednTested macrumors 6502

Don't like it...? You have a 14-day return option...

25. tripleh3lix macrumors regular

tripleh3lix

Yeah OP, get a 6+ and try to exchange it. 16gb may seem low, but the battery life may better suit you. People are reporting a FULL day of heavy usage, and standby time is about 6 hours better on it. Plus when iOS8 bugs get worked out, it'll be better in the next couple updates.