My iPhone 6+ 64GB did not come with iWork apps?

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I have a 64GB iPhone 6+. According to some articles I've read online, my phone was supposed to come with a bunch of pre-installed Apple apps such as Numbers, Pages, Keynotes, and iMovie. Here is such an article:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/15/ilife...e-installed-on-64gb-and-128gb-iphone-66-plus/

I bought my phone from AT&T full-priced, and I do not see the apps. I also searched on the App store on both iTunes and on my iPhone's App Store App itself, and the apps don't say they're free. The Numbers app, for example, shows a price tag of $9.99.

Am I missing something here? Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
I have a 64GB iPhone 6+. According to some articles I've read online, my phone was supposed to come with a bunch of pre-installed Apple apps such as Numbers, Pages, Keynotes, and iMovie. Here is such an article:

http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/15/ilife...e-installed-on-64gb-and-128gb-iphone-66-plus/

I bought my phone from AT&T full-priced, and I do not see the apps. I also searched on the App store on both iTunes and on my iPhone's App Store App itself, and the apps don't say they're free. The Numbers app, for example, shows a price tag of $9.99.

I say contact Apple. Apple will have all of your info.

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
U set up as new or restored from back up?

The first time I booted it up, I set it up as new, and I did not see the apps.
I then tried doing a full restore to factory defaults via iTunes and I still don't see them.
I also tried restoring from back up but don't see anything either (I wouldn't expect to from my backup, which didn't have the apps)).

Last edited:

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Yes, and I can download updates to existing apps just fine.
Very odd. I'd contact Apple, I bet they'll give you credit for the cost the apps you're missing and then you can just buy them. Or they'll just fix it somehow.

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Is there anyone else here who bought a 64GB 6/6+ from AT&T not have the apps pre-installed on their phone?

cinealta

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Are you sure the Apple apps are not just for the 128 Gb owners? I have 128 and my 6+ came with them.

simon48

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2010
Are you sure the Apple apps are not just for the 128 Gb owners? I have 128 and my 6+ came with them.

Apple said they're preinstalled on the 64GB and the 128GB. They were installed on my 64GB 6. Either way, that also doesn't explain why the OP can't get them for free.

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
I launched a webchat session with Apple. They said "I'll look into it" and then it says chat session has ended. WTF.

entlassen

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Can't you just download them for free from the App Store?
No, they're not marked as free for me. Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are all marked as $9.99. iMovie is marked as $4.99. I see these prices whether I look at them from the App Store app on my device or from iTunes.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
No, they're not marked as free for me. Pages, Keynote, and Numbers are all marked as $9.99. iMovie is marked as $4.99. I see these prices whether I look at them from the App Store app on my device or from iTunes.

Yeah, that's a problem. Mine was preinstalled on my phone. Also I had those apps for free from my iPad Air.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Was reinstalled

----------

Edit. Preinstalled

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Call or email them. They come preinstalled but if you restore through iTunes, they won't be preinstalled. But you are able to download them again. When you first set up the phone, Apple will ask you to associate those apps with an iTunes/Apple ID account. After that, you can download them as many times as you like, as long as you are using that same account.

STC

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
My 64GB iPhone 6 came w/ those apps. I did a restore and noticed them on my 2nd pages of apps. I deleted them. I just went into the app store and I can download the apps for free.

I hope you get the apps OP!

Cloudsurfer

macrumors 65816
Apr 12, 2007
Netherlands

If they are not there you should be able to download them for free. Just check them out in the app store.

Abazigal

macrumors G5
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Won't be surprised if it was some bug with the app store. It has been wonky of late, with updates not registering.

ElectronGuru

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2013
Oregon, USA
I erased two phones last week, 5S and a 6+. In both cases, while downloading apps from my purchased list, a special page dropped down. It was a list of all the apple i apps, each with its own DL button and an install all button at the top. If it shows up again, I'll nab a picture of it.

dte0011

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
My iPhone 6+ 64GB did not come with iWork apps?

Or you could just return/exchange the phone and buy another one. If they ask why? Just say you didn't like it as long as you are in the first 14 days (return/exchange policy) you shouldn't have problems returning it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.