My ipod is locked in a vault untill

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrok18 macrumors regular

My teacher took my touch away today and is wasn't even my fault well yea it was but still. I gave my ipod to this kid in the beginning of class bc he wanted to play chopper then he got caught by the teacher and he took it away. They do this thing called bag it and tag it where they put the electronics in a bag and send it to the office where they lock it in a vaught then one of my parent has to come pick it up. The bad thing is that this is my 3rd time getting it taken away and second time in two weeks bc i got it taken away last week during a test . O and today my teacher wasn't going to bag it until he saw the crack on my screen and he was like look what this clown does. I just told my mom and she is not really happy and she said she is not going to get it so im screwed. I was like i have to drive a hour away tonight and the music is the only thing that keeps me awake. I also saw it on the desk and was thinking about grabbing it but i just couldn't . Now i don't know what to do bc that ipod is like my sidekick . So boys and girl don't use electronics in school i learned it the hard way 3 times.

2. DMBGuru macrumors regular

Why were you listening to it in class so many times in the first place? Oh, and you shouldn't listen to headphones while you drive, it's dangerous.

3. Funplex macrumors regular

You should have learned that lesson the first time.

Maybe now you'll pay attention in class, and correct your spelling and grammar.

4. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Yeah +2 upon first read, I figured this kid was like 12 or 13, but the person can drive, wow....dude lesson learned dont bring your cool crap to school

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

your there to learn. Stop slacking or youll end up in the position im in (very low outlook on getting into college)

6. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Oh well... That was entirely the OP's fault and nobody else's. Got exactly what you deserved. There shouldn't have been 3 occurances. That's just defiant and childish.

7. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Damn right, now you might be able to graduate Jr. High. Zing!

8. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Man, you guys are being mean. You should take it easy on him, the world needs janitors too. ;)

9. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats really insulting to janitors. The ones at my school are some of the hardest working and nicest people I know.

10. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Your teachers make your parents come and get confiscated stuff?

That's just about the worst idea ever; I can't imagine how irritated my parents would have been. I left school a few years ago, and always did well; so my parents forgave me the odd indiscretion, and would have been severely pissed at the teachers for introducing that stupid idea.

Such a crazy initiative, haha.

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I agree but for different reasons. Assuming this is Highschool, this is the time of your life that you are supposed to become more independant and get ready to be out on your own. Parent interaction is supposed to get more and more phased out as you get older. Getting parents involved with minor issues just undermines having students gain their independance.

12. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Actually, no it isn't. I never said they weren't hard working or mean. However, I doubt many of them have great educations (I'm sure some are exceptions to this) and our OP won't have much of an education if he continues to mess around in class. So my comment indicate if he doesn't pay attention in class he will end up with a hard probably very physical job without a lot of rewarding work. (ie cleaning toilets)

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Id be more comfortable if you said hed be flipping burgers or something like that...

14. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

Hypocritical much?

I love how you're all (rightfully) lambasting this kid for showing off his toys during class.

But I ask you...were you once that kid?

N.B. If not, then you are free to feel morally superior and enjoy (most likely) the fruits of your education.

P.S. Kid...learn yourself some punctuation...

15. slidetounlock macrumors regular

Then maybe you should stop posting here, and do something to learn and go to a secondary school, or try getting into a college....or you'll be flipping burgers, when you shouldnt be! I am not being mean, just trying to help ya out, throw some words out there for ya maybe to make ya feel like you can do it, because you can bro! Just focus and work hard, good things happen!

16. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

It wasn't him showing off. It was him knowingly putting his ipod at risk of being caught for the THIRD TIME!

I'm done with all my HW for the day.... theres really nothing else i can be doing.

What i meant is I shouldnt have slacked the first 3 years of Highschool, now im working my ass off to improve my grades.

17. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

eh i remember playing snake all day during class and i turned out fine lol

18. freeme007 macrumors regular

I've a B.S degree in CS, but I still failed McDonald test!

19. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

wow my teacher just throws markers at me;) although i get to keep the ipod...

20. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't listen to it when i drive i use a thing called itrip when i drive. Also i never listen to it during school i usely just play games or use the calculator for math.

Yea im not the sharpest in spelling and grammar . O and were reading a book in English called Beowulf and were like 2 in a half weeks in it and i had a quiz . I didn't know anything so i got a E lol . All i new was that there was a guy named beowulf in the book.

No i want to be a lunch lady i mean man.

I always pay attenion in the main classes(english, oceanology ) Bc those r the ones i need to pass. But other then them 2 i have all easy classes(tech ed,cooking , gym times 2) This is my senior year baby!!!! which sucks.

21. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It's called 'studying'. It's a time where, and you may find this hard to believe, you turn your iPod off, put it away, and don't use it for a couple hours.

If you pay attention in English then surely you'd have been able to pass the test.

22. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

It took you three times to learn this lesson?

Amazing.

Probably a good idea. :)

I like this idea.

Well said.

23. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

If it happened after the third time, I doubt that you actually have learned anything.

Nonsense - You don't learn to be independent when you are still dependent on your parents for food, clothes and shelter. Slacking off in class is not a minor issue; you're in school to learn; save your game playing for evenings and weekends. If you want to be treated like an adult, act like one.

I'm a lot older than most of you here. When I was in school if I had brought a toy to school and used it during class, It would have been taken away from me until the end of the school term. And my parents wouldn't have come to school crying that their precious little son could not possibly have done anything wrong. Parents today are pussies.

So your HW is done and yet you have to be working your ass off? I would suggest that if your HW is done then a little extra reading, not playing, is what is called for.

Yes, that shows by your grammar.

Yet you had time to play with your iPod. Boo, hoo; you got less than what you deserved.

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Oh your just a bundle of joy arent you?

I happen to be watching a standford podcast to continue my computer science knowledge, i can browse a website at the same time.

25. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

OP: Please just stop posting and abandon this thread now. You're only making it worse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.