My Ipod Touch Got Ran Over!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Spongyiq, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Spongyiq macrumors newbie

I have had my Ipod Touch since it came out. Im talking about the regular ipod touch, not the 2g one. Well anyways, my ipod has never given me any major problems and has always been good too me. I carry it everywhere i go and schedule all my events in there, you wont be able to find me without my touch. Never in my life have i lost my ipod touch until last Saturday. The only time i lose it, it gets ran over by a pickup truck. Heres what happened.

I was at a walk, a dirt road, and i bent over and i guess my ipod falls out of my pocket. However, i hadn't noticed my ipod had fallen until an hour later when my friends call me. They were on a pickup truck which happened to be on the same route i was on; and then... yes, they accidentally run over it. Later on, I get the dreaded phone call about my ipod being ran over by theire pickup truck, but supposedly it still works. Once i got the ipod back in my hands i almost cried. The screen was cracked into a myriad of pieces and the back was dented from the pressure of the pebbles on the road. Here are some pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As sad as i was, i was still delighted when i pressed the little black button to turn on the ipod. It worked perfectly, the touch screen, the music, the wifi. Everything was exactly the same, other then the crippled screen and dented back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So i guess my story does have a happy ending. As a matter of fact, im jamming out to my ipod right now.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I am sooo sorry!
    *tear drop*
    I feel your pain.
    Well I guess it's time for you to get a new iPod.

3. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Hell man, if it still works, I'd put it on fleaBay and sell it... make a big stink about it...

"TAKES A BEATING AND KEEPS ON TICKING..."

Oh, wait, that's Timex's slogan from years past... how about...

"YOU CAN'T TOUCH THIS..."

Errrmmm... nah, that's MC Hammer's thing... uhmmm...

Hell, I'd buy it off ya if you decide to get rid of it. That's a badge of honor kinda thing now, amazing that it still works. ;)

Keep it and be proud. Even better, send the pics and the story to Apple and perhaps they'll have a reason to make a new commercial about it, who knows.

Good luck...

4. Aranince macrumors 65816

Wow...this should be a testament to Apple's engineering.

5. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

6. Joanna.Kiyoné macrumors newbie

I'd cry if that happened to mine, remarkable it still works though! Looks almost like a work of art...

7. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

8. WordLife565 macrumors regular

9. The General macrumors 601

He probably meant 2G. Did you have to repost all of the pictures?

10. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Ouch.
    But look at it this way, its very distinctive.

11. 11800506 macrumors 65816

You could try buying replacement parts and fixing it yourself if you feel inclined.

Edit: For the cost of having it replaced or replacing it you might as well just get a new/refurb one if it bothers you, but I don't even know if you can replace just the glass.

12. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

13. California King macrumors 65816

How in the hell does it still work, lol. I guess I was wrong when I thought they were fragile...well, the exterior is, but I guess the interior is built like a tank! I wonder what will happen if you take it to an Apple store and tell them to fix it, haha.

14. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

How the hell can the screen still be working? Jaysus! :eek:

15. Spongyiq thread starter macrumors newbie

haha, got some funny responses. But the cracked glass is just cracked. Its not elevated so when i touch the screen, its still smooth. There is one rough spot (not sharp), but its on the top, above the display.

16. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Sorry to see this. You may want to send the pics and the story to apple though. They may think it is a good endorsement for their construction and offer you something for it.

Who knows.

Eric

17. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Wow, those are some nasty battle scars. They look even worse than my friend's iPhone which has a similar scratched screen. The good news is that I don't think it'll be a target for theft anymore!

18. angels lust macrumors member

The fact that it survived is amazing. At least you can backup any important data when you get a new one. lol.

19. redelcamino macrumors newbie

Seeing those pics make me wanna cry! The ipod did not deserve that treatment :D

20. nick9191 macrumors 68040

I can confirm that the iPod Touch is built like a tank.

21. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Wow, that's crazy. It does prove Apple's devices are well designed. The only thing I am having trouble understanding is why didn't the OP hear his iPod Touch fall to the ground? I can understand if it was a leather wallet but he should've heard the thump of the metal or the glass hit the ground.

22. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

that is crazy. now you have instant proof of apple quality when you walk around

23. Spongyiq thread starter macrumors newbie

i was wondering the same. But then again, it probably fell out softy. Plus i didn't have my earphones attached to it, otherwise i might have heard it.

24. jstanier macrumors regular

jstanier

I'm incredibly surprised that the thing survived and continues to work!

Do you have insurance?

25. Spongyiq thread starter macrumors newbie

the warranty?
    isnt that like a one year thing?, i got my ipod September 2007, when it first came out.