Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Have you heard of one such case? I haven't.

It's Apple and they've been sued for far more trivial things like millions of colors and not giving out brand new replacements when swapping out under AC+. This one would actually hold water (pun intended), especially if they deny water damage claims within the scope of the IP67 rating.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
It's Apple and they've been sued for far more trivial things like millions of colors and not giving out brand new replacements when swapping out under AC+. This one would actually hold water (pun intended), especially if they deny water damage claims within the scope of the IP67 rating.

Do you know how bad your reasoning has been. Trying to follow your argument is insane.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You mean of a product failing and becoming unusable as a consequence of performing an advertised included feature?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Apple declined claims by the thousands due to faulty moisture sensors back in the 3GS era. This was the biggest issue that comes to mind without previous research.

It's not unprecedented, folks.

My opinion? If you're going to give it an official rating it needs to live up to that. And it's on the manufacturer to prove that you went beyond that rating. Or... you can still produce itnup to that rating but not advertise as such. Nobody is going to complain their device is water resistant despite the manufacturer never mentioning it...

NerdyName

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
I don't know why people even test the IP67 out.. I have just taken it as an added bonus to my beautiful phone; I take the same care as I did before; Case etc If it gets rain on it it will probably be okay but I will keep it in my pocket and use it as little as possible during a storm etc much like any other electronic device.

Leave the testing to the youtubers!

DaveOP

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Portland, OR
Mkay cause every year (including my 6s+) a lot of people have issues with first batches. You were just super lucky. My 6s+ came with a cracked motherboard, broken haptic engine, bad battery and a few other issues that I have the repair receipt for. (My Apple Store insisted the issues I had were my imagination, Apple repair said differently :^])

Don't put much stock into the AppleCare letter you get explaining what they replaced. When I worked there, Depot was famous for putting new logic boards, speakers, displays, and all sorts of random parts for simple repairs. They take a shotgun to almost every repair, to get the devices in and out as fast as possible.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Your wife seems a bit accident prone. I wonder how many previous versions of iPhones she destroyed :)

SPOT ON haha! it all started once we had our son.. her 6+ has dried up smoothie in there, also happened to be on her lap while she was holding him and he threw up... Not to mention the drops. Never had a shattered screen though lol

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
No need to hire. Apple has a way to detect if the problem is water damage as I read somewhere there is an indicator inside or something like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.