My MacBook can do STUNTS!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bluedoggiant, Mar 5, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Well, so this is my family macbook, its a brand new 2.2ghz 2gb, 120gb, whitebook. i take it to school, since, well, i cant take my 24" iMac:p.

so under the tables, there is a metal rim, and while i was using it on my lap, the macbook just got attracted to the metal rim!!! and god damn the magnets in the macbooks lid are VERY powerful, it caught it from very far, and i even had trouble to take the macbook off the rim of the table!! it was pretty cool, so i took a picture of it hanging from the table, check pix below:

[​IMG]
    (yeah, i know, looks like torture)

in my lap:
    [​IMG]

sorry crappy pix, quick cell pix

2. LightDemon69 macrumors member

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Cool man. I'm amazed that the magnets would be that powerful.

TEG

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I'm surprised the HD holds up, I saw an HD basically screw up in front of me before, a guy put an extremely powerful magnet right on the HD in the macbook (not mine, his), i rushed in like 3 seconds, and took it off, it was too late, he had to reinstall tiger (at the time, now he has leopard).

5. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Gah, are you trying to give me nightmares here?! :D

Seriously though, this looks really cool, and in the first picture especially, it looks as though it's flying or something :)

It's impressive how strong the magnets are though; I have recently come to realize that you can put your Remote on the edge of your MB screen (got that by browsing the pics in one of the what's-your-setup threads here, in fact! and at first before I got a closer look I thought all the wee white rectangles were a post-it or something, heh. You learn some great stuff here). I was really impressed when I tried it, because the lid of the laptop practically leapt at the Remote! I was like, It's Alive!

Fun!

6. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

lmao, yeah, first pic is really cool, second pic is to show you what it was like when i was sitting, it scared the **** out of me in class (took the pics after), all of a sudden, the macbook kept hitting the table, then i knew, but now scratches dents or anything strangely.

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I can hear the judge reading the sentence now...

"MacBook, in light of your crimes, you have been sentenced by a jury of your peers to be hanged by the screen until dead."

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

why do i feel that is fake. magnets are strong enough to hold up 5 pounds but its pretty easy for me to open the lid on mine. plus see as the hd is pretty close it would cause damage.

in short i dont believe it lol

9. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

As I've said, and its not fake my friend, you're just going to have to believe me, thats a sh*tty pic i took off my phone, and it is true, maybe the ledges on the macbook that is sticking out is helping, but those look worth less to help it stay attached, but in all, I didn't photoshop it or anything, for the record, I don't have photoshop:cool:[yet].

10. IC3D macrumors regular

IC3D

11. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Genius!!!

TEG

12. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

hahah Wow that is awesome! I would get a strong cable with some like piece of metal or something attached to the bottom then place it hanging over something and take a picture in which you can't see the cable and so the Macbook would really look as if it is levitating in midair XD

13. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

It looks sweet but the thought of a MacBook hanging in mid air is a very bad thought to have. What if it just fell? :eek:

14. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I think I'm gonna bring in my real camera and take a good pic on monday! it would be much more pleasing to the eyes.

15. TheStu macrumors 65816

You do know that hard drives have freaking powerful magnets in them right? And it takes a massive amount of gauss to cause a hard drive to erase... more than the neodymium magnets that Apple uses can put out at least.

And, as an aside, if you want to really freak someone out... get a thin magnet that can fit in the kensington lock slot of the macbook. Put it in there, BOOM, macbook goes to sleep.

16. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

dont see how

but i have mentioned earlier what happened to my friends macbook.

17. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

The display hinges aren't designed to hold up the weight of the greater laptop. This is why manuals usually say "do not carry by the display" or something to that extent.

I probably would, like, stop doing that if I were you.

18. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

well i stopped, my friend holds his macbook like that, he treats it like sh*t, you can cry from it, im not joking.

19. TheStu macrumors 65816

Run a paperclip up and down the left side of your MacBook screen, it will get caught about 2/3s of the way up from the bottom. There is a magnet there that corresponds with a switch in the palmrest, this is what triggers the sleep mode.

You did, but I don't know if that was data erasing, or corruption due to the magnet being there as the drive was writing/reading.

The hanging macbook just makes me think of all the terrible things that I have done to my macbook. The best part? Still running like a champ... it has been dropped, thrown, swung around, flipped 2.5' and landed upside down, beaten, had things thrown at it (my friend did it without realizing... still wondering how it failed to notice the big white laptop on his green couch), water has sprayed all over it, scratched, and basically used constantly for the past 1.5 years. I only shut it down when I absolutely need to, and always have things running... best computer I think I have ever owned.

20. ItTakesII macrumors member

ItTakesII

:eek:

He tortures :apple:s!! He must be a PC fan under cover ...

21. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

PEOPLE!! It's HDD, not HD.

HDD is hard drive
    HD is high definition

now learn the right acronym before you use it
    (sorry this really bothers me, people keep saying HD when they mean HDD, but they just don't know the proper term. And don't say its the same thing, cause really..... it's not.)

22. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Yeah, sorry, no one says hard disk drive in real life. High-Definition anything hasn't permeated into our lives enough yet to necessitate a difference.

So keep magnets away from your HDs, kids.

23. scotty56 macrumors regular

24. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Take it from someone whose seen...it happen.

Yes, it was bothering me in class, it took me like 5 minutes to realize it was the magnets:p