my macbook just shipped!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by teflon, May 28, 2007.

1. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

i know i've seen countless threads like these in the past few weeks, but i just can not contain my excitement!! i ordered a new white macbook on friday and it just shipped today :D i'm so excited i have waited for a year for this!
    are there anything i should download once my macbook gets here? i know cocunut battery is one.
    and thanks for the help guys.

2. joekix macrumors 6502

joekix

congrats!!!

a few things i would download:

appdelete

macsaber (it's dumb, but cool)

whatsize

superduper!

have fun!

3. jaycrew macrumors member

definitely get adium for all your IMing needs

4. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Why didn't you wait for the announcements on June 12 at WWDC?

5. emoore3 macrumors newbie

Probably because the macbooks were just updated.

6. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

well my pc laptop just died yet again... i just had it with fixing that thing and the macbooks were just updated, so i thought there was a slim chance they'll update it again when the mbp hasn't. plus the current one fits my need so i've been smiling all day:D
    btw thanks for the fast response guys. those lists apps looks awesome and i'll have to check all of them out when my computer gets here. can't wait!

7. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

June 11th :)

8. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

9. Kaiser Phoenix macrumors 6502

Why wait?? You cant wait for ever. Seriously, the guy/gal bought the macbook and it was a good decision, not only because it was just updated but because he/she needed it.

Even when the new MBPs (if they do) come out on June 11th, people will start talking all over again with Rev A, Ill wait for Rev B to come, then ill buy etcetc.

Just buy if if you need it, if not, then wait. Simple. :apple:

10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

MacRumors' Buyers Guide > MacBook > Buy Now! - Product just updated

Enuff said. Congrats.

11. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

Took delivery of my black MacBook before the weekend ... my word, this machine is the canine's testicles!

In unscientific tests, I have to say that it's holding up very creditably against the 20in iMac I bought as the supposedly superior desktop system. Photoshop tests and -- to my considerable surprise -- Cinema 4D renders are showing no performance difference that's discrernible to the naked eye.

I had some reservations about the design of the keyboard, but I have to say that I'm finding it as comfortable to type on as any desktop keyboard I've ever used.

I am genuinely considering sending back the iMac ... I've never considered doing without a desktop system but this machine has all but convinced me.

Cheers!

Jim

12. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

i ordered the white 2.16 model w/ 2 gb of ram :cool:
    i just checked the UPS tracking thing and it says it's already in richmond, but its in transit or something... ahhh all the anticipation is killing me.
    and thanks for all the congrats!!

13. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

to everyone who is getting their 1st macs.....WELCOME TO THE CULT!:D

14. skwij macrumors 6502

Yeah, what s/he said!

Seriously, don't forget to breathe in deep when you open the box for the first time. There's no smell like "new Mac smell", and it's divine :apple:

15. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Just the 1st laptop from Cupertino.

7th Mac

8th Apple

Never loses its excitement, usefulness, or fun!

"...since 1980..."

16. casik macrumors regular

hahahahahahaha good call

17. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Lol, waiting for a new mac is like watching paint dry!! When you unbox, take it slow and appreciate the lovely packaging. When you open it, put your nose in it and take a deep sniff and soak in that beautiful new mac smell!!

18. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

thanks guys!! this well be the first of many more apples to come :D the printer i got w/ the mb just got here!! so i'm really excited! i know, i said that like a hundred times. all my friends are like... shut up:p
    btw are there any cool shortcuts and watnots i should know about? and what should i check for once the mb gets here?
    p.s. i'm planning a ceremony for its arrival, i'm gonna open it with music on and everything. and take tons of my pics. my whole family already think that i've gone crazy anyway;)

19. cebritt macrumors member

MacBook must haves

Congratulations! My company gave me a black MacBook in January and I like it so much, I'll be buying one for my kids/home soon.

Here are some things you need in no particular order:

1) Windows with Boot Camp or Parallels

2) Gas Widget, displays best local price for gas

3) NoteBook from Circus Ponies, terrific way to store stuff

4) Floating Clock and Date. Go to Date & Time prefs click View in Window and View as Digital. Be sure to click the padlock to prevent it changing back to the menu.

5) Firefox. If you use Citrix, Firefox client is much better than Safari Java client.

6) Vine VNC Viewer if you use VNC

7) Adium to replace iChat

8) Photo Booth, comes with MacBook. Hours of fun!!!

9) Empty toilet paper roll tube to hold folded power cord. Fold cord back on itself every 8 or 9 inches, stick in tube. People are always amazed by my cheap cord management tool.

10) Bluetooth mouse. Mine is a Targus. Trackpad has only one button.

11) Nice carrying case. Mine is a Lowepro.

12) iClip clipboard enhancer

13) AppZapper for removing apps

14) TypeIt4Me, text shortcuts

If you bought a black MacBook, don't be surprised that the power supply is white.

Also, if anyone knows of some coating I can safely apply to my black case to make it satin instead of flat black, please let me know. The flat black shows fingerprints like crazy...

Enjoy, Carleton

20. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

There is a setting under mouse and keyboard in system preferences that makes a double finger tap a right click. VERY useful.

21. WannaGoMac macrumors 65816

Lol, that's just scary! :D

22. warfa macrumors regular

23. klb028 macrumors 6502

haha, this made me laugh and smile a little! I plan on going crazy with the picture taking too, though. Let us know when it's arrived! You better post a ton of pictures. :D Oh, and congratulations on your new Macbook! Good buy. :)

24. teflon thread starter macrumors 6502a

teflon

thank you everyone for the tips! i have to admit, this forum convinced me to switch and join the lovely apple cult :cool:
    my mb should arrive tomorrow! i have to say i love apple for the speedy delivery. when i ordered it said that it'd be here from june 6-12, but i guess i can get it a week early now!:) i'll be sure to put up some pics!