My Macbook Pro Prediction!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by whyyouwanna, Sep 19, 2008.

1. whyyouwanna macrumors newbie

Hey guys, i just wanted to post my prediction on what we could potentially expect for the new macbook pro update.

To start

Same 15.4 and 17 inch screens, i doubt they will change the dimensions of these screen. Although they could update the 15.4 to a rumored 16 inches.

Not to sure with new CPU's. I think its too early to transfer to quad core. Perhaps later next year.

The recent release of Western Digital new hard drives at 400 to 500 GB.

Memory, there is potentially for Apple to give us a standard build with 3 to 4 GB, but i can see them staying with 2GB. However I've heard with the new macbook we could see a reduction in the price of memory. Also 8GB of ram may be a extra option.

Graphics card, i don't have a doubt in my mind that they shall update the existing card. The 8600 is bugged and flawed. I can see them updating the card to something in the 9 series. Perhaps as a lot of people here are speculating the 9600 or 9650 GT. That would be a great card to have in the macbook. But we may get something a little less powerful.

Any hopes of integrated 3G wireless cards, i think we can forgot about. To tell the truth i wouldn't want it, id have no use for one. The option to have one built in is welcome. Also forget about integrated, memory card readers this is apple!!!

I feel that the keyboard from the AIR will be coming to the macbook. This is something im not sure about. I do think it looks slick, but what is the feedback like? Also expect a larger trackpad!!!!!!

I dont think where going to get a Black surround around the screen. Apple only did this with the iMac. So no reason to think why they should do it with the macbook pro.

The latch seems a obvious thing to go. A magnetic clatch shall mean that the display thickness will be reduced. Meaning thinner macbook.

The compartment underneath the macbook, shall mean easier access to hard-drive and ram. Also what no one has mentioned!!! In the leaked pictures of this new compartment, the battery would seem to be bigger. Therefore more hours per charge.

This is wishful thinking on my behalf, but i would love to see HDMI instead of DVI. I think it is a possibility!!

The slot loading drive i would like a change, the whole clicking dring insertion is really starting to get on my nerves. Whenever im in public and insert a disc i get funny looks. One guy came up to me once and said, "Mate you should get that looked at" lol.

Aprt from that i can see no other changes. Same amount of USB port, perhaps firewire 400 will go for one more USB port.

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

why a new thread if all you say is "don't know" or is simply a repeat of what has been rumored in 20 other threats before?:confused:

3. tehFish macrumors newbie

werd!

4. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

Very "werd" :p

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's ridiculous how many of these "prediction" threads are the first post by newbies who make 1 or 2 posts here, then leave, never to return. I'd like to see the mods delete threads like this.

6. busterbluth macrumors 6502

I think people are getting antsy, we need some juicy rumors to occupy the time

7. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Or, they just create a "newbie" section that is devoted to newbie status members. Then, they have to post a certain amount to gain access to legit forums.

Like the Marketplace... it could work.

8. Mr. Bubbles macrumors member

Mr. Bubbles

How many "threats" have there been about MBPS!?:eek: Have all the :apple: fanboys finally lost it and are threatening to storm Cupertino with torches and pitchforks if they don't get blu-ray drives and quad cores?

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I LIKE that idea!!!! It would also further limit the spammers that creep in.

10. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

It could surely work to stop new people from joining. Or, more accurately, from posting enough to make it to some other-than-newbie status. Especially if most other members ignored that forum. Just how many people register only because they have a problem with their Mac or other Apple product and need advice? I've seen a few.

Or it could do just the opposite - in that case the only ones who got beyond the newbie stage would be those who feel fine with the type of discussions you want to avoid, because only posting in dumb threads would get them past this stage.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have written this post, which is completely off topic and likely will only annoy you, if I couldn't post because of being a newbie. Oh well. Perhaps it would work in some way :).

11. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

and the fact that he/she will never log back in to see the replies....

12. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

wow! :rolleyes:

can i have the 30 seconds it took to read that back please?

13. whyyouwanna thread starter macrumors newbie

oo so your not aloud to have an opinion here, without being bashed by a ridiculous amount of dick heads!?

OOO look i just made my second post!!

14. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Now I see why you post comment like "use search" and question why someone starts a thread. These threads are getting ridiculous. There are literally hundreds of them. Post in one of them.

15. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

lol no I think the majority of n00bs post just to ask a question that would easily belong in another thread or would turn up amazing results when utilizing the search button.

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Welcome, alexandra, from Warsaw, and welcome to the forum. I take your point and it is completely valid.

The OP has posted a set of thoughts on what the future might hold for MBPs; so what? We can ignore it, decline to respond, or we can respond, or, again, we indicate a more appropriate thread for this topic, unoriginal though it might be. Yet, however unoriginal it is, we still read it; thus, the topic is of interest to us. Surely this shared interest is one of the reasons the forum exists.

In some ways, it is simply an announcement that the OP wishes to join in the never-ending speculation on this recurring topic. So, welcome, whyyouwanna, to the forum, and may you post often.

Cheers

17. vollspacken macrumors 65816

vollspacken

No

No, 2GB standard

Absolutely not

So you are a jedi?

Is this supposed to be a joke??? so what???

FW400 is here to stay

vSpacken

18. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Gawd, all this reading from these forums are making me crazy! Com'n Apple, release them NOW!? :D

19. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

But if you have the black surround and the black MBA keyboard, it would look RED-HOT! :D :p

20. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

I can say, with a fair amount of certainty, that DVI port is here to stay, at least for the next rev.

I do not agree with you that slot loading drives would generate funny looks. It may be less fault tolerant than its tray loading drives, but I don't think Apple will change it.

Firewire 400 would be staying... most likely.

21. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

That's pretty pretentious.

Point of a forum is to ask questions and get helped by more experienced people. Of course some questions will be repeats of others, but the main goal is to just get a collaborative flow of information.

Even if a topic has been asked several times in the past, sometimes it's difficult to go back 10 pages of threads to go and find it. Even Mroogle doesn't work perfectly sometimes.

A 'newbie' on this forum is just someone who hasn't made many posts, not necessarily a complete idiot.

Agreed.

22. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

you were not expressing an opinion. you were asking who here knew when the new laptops were coming out. get a clue!

23. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

And make a 20" one while they're at it.

You think?

When did Apple use WD drives?

How many people really need 4GB of RAM? There is a reason it's a BTO.

The 8600 is not bugged and flawed, just some of the packaging.

Maybe it would be wise to alleviate the WiFi issues first?

And why don't they add glass touchpad as well!

It's not a prediction if you have to think about it.

And then where do the ports go? You want a thinner display so your books can crack the panel when you stack?

Yeah it would also look ugly—not Apple.

No it's more like selfish thinking. However adding an DVI with 5.1 audio would be nice (already on desktop video cards).

You like to change ≠ prediction.

Again being selfish.

24. whyyouwanna thread starter macrumors newbie