Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poker2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
I partition my drive (35gb) using bootcamp and installed Windows 7.
Didn't like the way things were so I unpartition/ formated the windows part back to mac.

Now when I start my macbook i hear a chime and it gets stuck on a white screen. When I hear the chime, if i hold down option key then it asks me if i want to boot to mac harddrive. How do i make it automatically boot to the mac because that's the only one now. (so it's how it used to be)
*i am fairly new to mac*

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I partition my drive (35gb) using bootcamp and installed Windows 7.
Didn't like the way things were so I unpartition/ formated the windows part back to mac.

Now when I start my macbook i hear a chime and it gets stuck on a white screen. When I hear the chime, if i hold down option key then it asks me if i want to boot to mac harddrive. How do i make it automatically boot to the mac because that's the only one now. (so it's how it used to be)
*i am fairly new to mac*

Settings > Start-Up disk. There you can select the correct place to boot off from. It should be Macintosh HD or whatever you have named your HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.