My moisture indicator is red. Warranty void?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ahfu25, Oct 5, 2010.

1. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

I was plugging in my charger this morning when I realized the white indicator in the charger port is completely red. I have never had my phone near water at all. If I had to get a warranty exchange for any reason will this void my warranty?....I just don't get it...I don't take my phone in the bathroom while showering, and never even dropped the phone. It's flawless in a otterbox defender!!

2. Roo Zilla macrumors regular

It won't void your warranty as long as the one on the inside is still untriggered. There's also one near the dock connector. They only open the phone to check the one inside if BOTH the external ones are red.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

4. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Even if the internal sensors have not been triggered? The one inside the headphone jack isnt triggered either!

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

QFT. They changed the policy awhile back jav. If the headphone or dock connector are red, they have to open up the phone and see if the two internal water detectors are red to void the warranty.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even with one tripped sensor I think they will still give you a hard time and might deny you warranty service.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Nope, they changed the policy. If they do, insist on speaking to a manager.

9. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Or ya know, just read what I posted right before you, instead of just retreading what you hear?!?!?! Not trying to be a jerk, but I mean, I'm giving the answer right above your post, why post opposite?

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

True, you might have to argue with a few misinformed reps if you run into one that has no idea about the change.
    Would be a good idea to print out and point them to something solid about this new policy update.

I know you did, Im just saying he might still have issues with one tripped sensor anyway thats all. Just dont expect to walk in there with a red sensor and everything to go smooth and hope every employee is up to date with recent changes thats all.
    Thanks for not trying to be a jerk though:)

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Applejuiced has been ornery lately. :D

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe its that time of the month again:D
    lol

13. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

I really wasn't trying to be a jerk, it just comes off that way when typed! :)

haha, I'll be on the look out, dont need to wake a giant even more. :p

14. ahfu25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanx for all of your responses! Let's just hope I don't run into any problems with my phone. Nothing is wrong with it, it works perfectly. Just the red indicator worries me with warranty service.

15. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

Crap, just checked mine and it's red too. Absolutely has never been submerged. The headphone one is still white. I'll have to print that link out if I ever need to go in for service.