Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I think you need to go buy another iPhone and use that to take a picture of your "bent" phone. I hope that ones not bent too!

Wise87

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
My phone is my only camera as well. I did have digital camera but I sold it because it was collecting dust.

If it's that important than surly the OP has s friend who can take a picture so they can upload it here. There is always a way.

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
What about the camera on your computer or tablet?

Umm yeah. I do have an iPad that I could take pictures with. But the quality isn't that good. And its a little difficult taking non selfish pics with a laptop.

But your point is taken. Most devices do come with a camera even if they are crappie quality.

This guy could have taken a picture with one of those devices to prove his phone is bent.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
I want to take a picture to ask for your opinions but it's my only camera... Any ideas?

Come on now. Think it through. We can't do anything you can't. In fact, we can do LESS. You have the phone in your hand.

So, the advice is the same for anyone who has any potential out of the box issue: take it to an Apple Store and ask them. They're the ones that can help you, not us.

----------

Yep... never happened with my 4, 4S, 5, or 5S.

Camera side down?

CAMERA SIDE DOWN???

You just answered your own question.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Hold it up to a bright light, trace the shadow, and then take a picture of the drawaing. Or just take a picture of the shadow.

Problem solved.

OR you could do what most folks would do and spend 4 bucks on a diferent camera (they really are that cheap now, even for a 6MP camera lol...).

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
Just came back from the AT&T store and a guy was complaining his plus was bent. He said he had it in his pocket and sat down hard by accident.

BuffordT

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2014
Hey guys I found Jimmy Hoffa's body! No for reals! I just can't post a pic as I don't have a camera.

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Just came back from the AT&T store and a guy was complaining his plus was bent. He said he had it in his pocket and sat down hard by accident.

Imagine this scene at a car dealership:

"What do you mean you won't replace my BMW?? All I did was drive it into a telephone pole! Now it's all bent!! You OWE ME a new car!!"

Satori

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2006
London
I want to take a picture to ask for your opinions but it's my only camera... Any ideas?

Any friends with a camera/phone/tablet? ... or a spirit level?

Or do you have any flat surfaces that you can put the phone down on to check?

tbh if a visual inspection doesn't tell you if it's bent, then we can't be talking about a particularly serious issue.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx

Hold the phone on its edge and from the bottom to the top, eyeball the length of the side of the phone and then if it is not bent there will be a nice straight edge. Otherwise you will see a slight curve. In other words, put the phone close to your eye ( the side of it ) and look down the edge to see if it is straight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.