My New White Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jasvncnt, Apr 17, 2011.

1. jasvncnt, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011

jasvncnt macrumors 6502

So here is my conversion to my White Iphone 4. I will give the contact info at the end of this in case anyone wants info about the kit.
    The kit was packed perfectly. It came in one box. Within that one box were 3 smaller boxes. One box had the glass and digitizer. The second box had the glass back housing with flash diffuser. The 3rd had all the tools, new pieces for the ear piece and white home button. Also, each item was wrapped in bubble wrap.
    Shipping was fast. I had the kit in about 4 days from DHL.
    Support-Support was just wonderful. He answered all my questions previous to ordering my kit. Also he offered to walk me through the install if i needed help. He also gave me tips during the install to make it a bit easier. As far as the install, it really wasn't that bad. If you take your time and lay your screws out with the screw layout sheet (ill include link at end)you should have no problem.
    The quality of the kit was, in my opinion, top notch. It just looks amazing. It feels...well solid. The pictures do not do it justice. Everything fit together perfectly with no issues. Everything works 100% and I have had no issues. The proximity does work although i did the Sharpie trick to be safe.
    I tried taking really good pics but I'm no photographer as you will see so I'm sorry. I tried. If you have any questions or want to see another pic (as long as i don't need to open the phone up again LOL) let me know.
    Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with the person selling this kit. I am only giving a review of the one I bought and installed. I had lots of people asking for the info and pics once i was done. All i can say is if your looking for a conversion kit (He has many different colors) contact him.

If anyone is interested in contacting Daniel, here is his info:

drdanielpurcell@gmail.com

The screw layout sheet i used, which i wouldn't do this without:

iPhone 4 Screw Chart and Diagram | United iPhone Repair Blog

Now on to the pics. Going to give you a pic of the kit. The rest will be a slide show since it will be easier. There's a lot of pics. Again sorry about the quality. Also I put my Clear Coat full body on and didn't do such a good job this time.

Kit:

[​IMG]

Click link below to see all pics: (Not sure why some pics are sideways, they are not loaded that way)

http://img121.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=p4170104k.jpg

Attached Files:

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

3. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

I know need to go through and get rid of some. Was just trying to get this up already lol

4. wanchu83 macrumors newbie

is your front plate little off white? and is the outter part of frame match the outter part of the back plate?(white)?

5. hengyu408 macrumors member

Does your phone have the pentalobe or phillips screws?

Can you take a pic of the back plates internals?

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Looks really really good! How much did your kit cost? Also, did you get the white earphone jack and the white dock connector?

Good job on the conversion, looks flawless!

7. pchan0 macrumors regular

pchan0

Is the conversion really OEM? I still want a white iPhone 4.:(

8. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

the front white and rear match up very well....might not look like it for one because i cant take good pics..lol..also the Clear Coat screen guard throws the color off in the pics

9. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, pentalobe screws. I can take a pic for ya and post it in a bit

10. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey thanks sooo much! The kit was 170. I searched a lot pf places that were like 150-200. This one was IMO the best quality and service. I did not get the white dock connector and earphone jack. He does have those but i dint feel i needed them.

11. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

All i can tell you is that's the info i got...contact him and he will give you all the info. This kit in my opinion is just sick. The quality and feel is amazing.

12. hengyu408 macrumors member

13. wanchu83 macrumors newbie

Nice.. reason why I am asking is because yours look great, mine doesn't match well so i am going to try to get it exchanged (I got it local). IF my local guy doesn't get me a well matched one, I will probably order it from this guy and do it my self.

14. xMClass macrumors 6502

I bed that'd look great with a white Apple bumper. ;)

15. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

16. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. Yeah the back and front look really good. Even the white home button. I ordered a new screen cover (I messed up the install on this one, couple little specks under it and it really annoys me) so once that comes maybe ill take a few pics of the phone naked. The screen protector kinda throws of the nice white in the pics. The install wasn't bad at all. Actually I enjoyed it. I always like to tear things apart and try to get them together again. lol.

17. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Your right! Im just afraid to get the white bumper. You think it would look dirty real fast?

18. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

I'm sure some Spray Nine would keep it clean. ;)

19. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

LOL good point

20. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

Here is the pic you wanted.

Attached Files:

21. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

It does look real enough but I can't say this is OEM unless there is some sort of apple branding/etc on the packaging

other than that one would have to hold the phone and compare directly to a black iphone 4 to see if its the real deal or not

22. jasvncnt thread starter macrumors 6502

True. I'm just going by the info i was given. And IMO this kit is just great. Quality...solid..everything matched up perfectly. No issues with flash while i take pics. I have no issues at all. Everything works. I'm very happy with this kit. i just put this up for anyone who might be thinking about getting a conversion. I did lots of research. The price is comparable to other high end kits out there. I didnt want to pick someone that i had to send my phone out for them to do. Didnt want to be without my phone..lol. Also didnt want someone else messing with it. Was also afraid it would get lost in the mail. So i saved money going this way. Plus, free shipping.

23. hengyu408 macrumors member

That is definitely a knock off.

If you click on the link I posted earlier it shows a real oem white back compared to fake ones.

24. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

That actually makes me want to convert mine now...!