my nightmare with iphone 4s from verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duoduodz, Oct 15, 2011.

1. duoduodz macrumors newbie

Got my new 64GB iphone 4s yesterday through online order of Verizon wireless. Nightmare began.

1. the phone can't be activated and used. completely no mobile signal.

2. contacted verizon and apple more than 10 times (more than 10 hours wasted), no apology, no explanation; no solution worked;

3. finally, connected with a senior advisor from apple after 30min waiting on the phone(name: Ronald Oliver). I asked him to wait for 10min because I am speaking with a verizon representative. He refused and asked me to call again. Why you can put your customer on hold for hours and hours, but can't hold for your customer for 10 min? There is no way to ask Jobs now whether he meant to waste his customer's time to save his own 'time'.
    ok. Mr Oliver suggested me to replace the iphone 4s but I refused. I want to return and get full refund&some compensation for the hours and hours wasted during the process to realize that I have got a disordered phone. He refused again and asked me to contact Verizon where I bought the phone.

4. Funny things happened during my contacting verizon again. Return? "fine." Restocking fee? "ENN...We will charge for that. But probably we can refund that to you." Compensation for the time/energy wasted during the two days. "NONE!" I don't care about how much for the compensation, even 1$ is fine. But they choose to refuse, and suggest me to ask apple for that. The name of the senior supervisor from verizon is "Patrick", ID is"2412051". A really rude guy, who speaks so fast and want to hang up the phone as soon as he finished his long non-sense talk. Ok, I bought product from you, you didn't solve the problem promptly, which lead me to wasting hours and hours's time. I complained about that and requested for a apology since I didn't even get a apology during all that time. Seems it will take his life to say a 'sorry' to me. :mad:

compared to apple and verizon, I am really a small, negotiable customer. Even with this post, I can have nothing changed. My decision is to return the iphone 4s as soon as possible, discontinue Verizonwireless as soon as possible.

Finally, I hope to remind those who want to purchase iphone 4s: there is a possibility that you will have the same experience like me. Be prepared to waste your time. Or if you have any problem, return or exchange it directly, never waste your time with those 'customer service' guys over the phone.

2. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

this is the treatment you will get with any carrier

This is why there are protests in wallstreet right now

plain and simple

3. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

...you actually tried to put a supervisor from Apple on hold while you chatted with Verizon?

That's a little ridiculous, honestly. :rolleyes:

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Its not really why people are protesting.

I understand you feel that customer service handled things badly, but I'm still not really sure what was wrong with the phone. Was it a problem with the device or with Verizon service where you are? Couldn't you have brought it to an Apple store and had it swapped out?

I also have to agree with this. Your expectations of customer service is far too high. Can you imagine how busy Apple CS managers are right now?

5. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

There's a website called Planet Feedback. When I had Verizon, I would go there and post my complaint for all to see. Within 24 hours Verizon would call back and do what they needed to do to make things right.

6. sgrrsh26 macrumors 6502

corps like verizon and att are too big to care about your small problems. Its a direct result of what ows is protesting.

7. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

why ridiculous? why they can put me on hold for hours and hours? Why can't I put them on hold for 10 min?

----------

thanks bro. Will do it right way. I have already done the BBB for both company. Hope to know more forums like this to post my experience.

8. JohnnyQuest, Oct 15, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011

JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Because they have MANY more customers to deal with, and unfortunately, your case is no more special than anyone else's.

My phone wasn't activating either. I was driving around town attempting to run errands for my family and couldn't since both of my phones became deactivated in the process. Tough ****. It's part of being an early adopter. You can't demand special treatment, payment for your time spent on the issue, and then ask a SUPERVISOR to sit on the phone for ten minutes while you gab it up with Big Red.

That's just ****ing rude and ignorant.

9. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

the phone shows "no service" all the time, can not be activated. Customer service from both Apple and verizon kicked me back and forth many times, asked me to restart/restore the phone for 100 times. No one admit there is a problem with the phone. It is until 10 hours' wasted time before someone told me I should return/replace the phone. I don't have a apple store/verizon store nearby.

Yes they are busy. Can they imagine how busy I am? They are the service/products provider, they should take the responsibility to compensate the wasted time for their customers.

10. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

Seriously? How about because in those 10 minutes he might be able to speak with and help a few other customers also waiting for assistance. But clearly, as portrayed in the tone and content of your OP, your time is more valuable than everyone else's, so why should he bother...

11. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

ok. you think it not rude for them to ask you hold for 1 hour, but think it's rude for me to ask them to hold for 10min? Every company love you.

I am not asking for special treatment, I am asking for my rights. If you can ask me for hold for 1 hour, why can't I ask you to hold for 10min. No need to mention that the problem is caused by you, but not me.

12. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

[​IMG]

13. sectime macrumors 6502a

Since you decided to act the little bitch and publish names and Id's, I assume because you think anyone cares. Glad you have phone problems and wish you more.:)

14. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you really think he can 'help' other customers? "a few"? joking. They can't even help a customer like me during the 5 hours period I spoke with them.

I am not saying my time is more valuable them other customers. I do believe every customer's time is more valuable than those stupid slow representatives.

15. tbayrgs, Oct 15, 2011

tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

You act like they put you on hold for the sake of just being able to put you on hold,

"Hey, duoduodz is calling again, he was kind of an &$@#% the last time he called, let's put him on hold for a while..."

Years ago when I worked in banking customer service, we hated customers like you because of your holier than thou attitude, unrealistic expectations, and no matter what is done, you're never satisfied or grateful. Guess what quality of service these customers usually got?

I can understand your frustration--sounds much like the experience many of us had trying to update to iOS on Wednesday or get our new phones activated yesterday. But if you behaved on the phone with the same attitude you've shown here, I'm not surprised the customer service you received sucked.

16. derickdub macrumors 6502

So you are returning you iPhone and canceling your service because it's not worth your time to solve the issues you're having?

I can't see how you can be even the littlest bit upset about how both corps. handled you situation. If they aren't worth your time, then you should in no way expect yourself to be worth theirs.

They have other customers who feel owning an iPhone, no matter how tedious it can be at times, still feel it is worth it. I wouldn't expect even a grain of worthiness from you if I was either company.

Honestly though, I would still pursue getting your iPhone fixed. Sometimes a little patience and staying level headed can pay off. If you cancel your service and return the phone, you'll only be losing everything.

17. brazil5376 macrumors member

They sold over 1 million phones with millions more in the future. You are going to get some faulty ones. Let them fix the issue and that's it.

18. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

you are completely wrong. I behaved very patiently and politely during the 10 hours until spoken with those so called 'supervisor' & 'senior advisor'. It is their attitude really drove me mad.

If what you described is what you did when you are working for the bank, shame on you.

19. scootaru macrumors 6502

Are you a new customer, doing an upgrade, or adding a new line?

20. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your advice. I will turn to other company and use my android phones. I had problems with my android phones before, but they solved the problem promptly.

Apple is too big. They might be big to care about such a small customer like me.

----------

upgrade.

21. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I understand we live in a my way right away society but do you not understand the numbers involved with the release on Friday? You where probably one of thousands of people calling into Apple and Verizon that day...... you'll be ok tiger, move on back to your android phone and enjoy!

22. milkmankilla macrumors newbie

It is ridiculous to expect them to be on hold. You should be ready to talk when they get to you. Your not their only customer and all you will be doing is wasting time and making the person behind you wait even longer because your not prepared.

23. scootaru macrumors 6502

Did you go through verizonwireless.com and enter the MEID EXACTLY as found in Settings->General->About->MEID?

Did you double and triple check that it is correct before submitting online?

Your phone could be the problem or user error could also be the problem.

24. duoduodz thread starter macrumors newbie

yes. checked 20 times.

25. JohnnyQuest, Oct 15, 2011

JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

But see, you are asking for special treatment. You're asking them to forgo taking another call, and sit on the phone with you, so that you can talk with Verizon. It was stupid to call both at the same time.

You do realize how many people were calling in yesterday, right? Apple isn't going to waste their time with you when they can actually help other people.

It's unbelievable to me that you expected to be put on a pedestal and have a supervisor wait for you.