Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Man samsung is really holding back the exynos 7420.this is a bone stock rom but a modded kernel to unlock all the speed bins of the cpu.my phone is running up to 2.4ghz and is a powerhouse!

Screenshot_2015-09-26-23-44-30.png

Reactions: MRU

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
2 hour battery and it cooks eggs, awesome!

Actually ive under volted each speed bin and im still on my first charge lmfao.

I already broke a day and have been beating the crap out of this phone and have ran about 30 bench runs and here are my stats

still at 40% left im still on my first charge and you can do a sm-920i search on geekbench and see how many times iv ran my phone.its crazy but it actually runs cool to the touch only gear vr gets hot but that is maxing everything including the gpu and on my stock gs6 after about 35-40 min the phone goes into cool down mode.these are samsung speed bins that they built into the kernel bud.i guess sammy was expecting the 810 or 820 to come out and had this monster ready for it and they never needed to use it to its full potential

Screenshot_2015-09-27-08-11-01.png

Reactions: Zwhaler

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
Actually ive under volted each speed bin and im still on my first charge lmfao.

I already broke a day and have been beating the crap out of this phone and have ran about 30 bench runs and here are my stats

still at 40% left im still on my first charge and you can do a sm-920i search on geekbench and see how many times iv ran my phone.its crazy but it actually runs cool to the touch only gear vr gets hot but that is maxing everything including the gpu and on my stock gs6 after about 35-40 min the phone goes into cool down mode.these are samsung speed bins that they built into the kernel bud.i guess sammy was expecting the 810 or 820 to come out and had this monster ready for it and they never needed to use it to its full potential

View attachment 586787

Can you please post some more detailed info or where you got the ROM for this and where I can learn how to under volt and still great such amazing speed and battery life please

Can't wait for the new GEAR VR to get here.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Can you please post some more detailed info or where you got the ROM for this and where I can learn how to under volt and still great such amazing speed and battery life please

Can't wait for the new GEAR VR to get here.

Stock rom with custom sky kernel and then use the app the guy made to adjust his kernel the app is called synapse

Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-08-42.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-08-37.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-08-17.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-08-12.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-08-03.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-07-47.png
Screenshot_2015-09-27-11-07-51.png

Reactions: hot spare and MRU

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Very nice! The Exynos CPUs are generally far more powerful than Samsung allows them to be, going all the way back to the Hummingbird in the OG Galaxy S. The Exynos 7420 is a well balanced CPU, and could probably run twice as powerful than it currently does, but Samsung have no need to allow it to, people at XDA are getting incredible results with it.

Reactions: grkm3

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Very nice! The Exynos CPUs are generally far more powerful than Samsung allows them to be, going all the way back to the Hummingbird in the OG Galaxy S. The Exynos 7420 is a well balanced CPU, and could probably run twice as powerful than it currently does, but Samsung have no need to allow it to, people at XDA are getting incredible results with it.

I cant wait for there custom mongoose exynos.ill bet it breaks 10k multi

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
I cant wait for there custom mongoose exynos.ill bet it breaks 10k multi

WOW ! 10,000 MultiCore, I knew the Note 5 was a beast when I saw the CPU and the DDR4 RAM 4GB at that VR will run like a champ on this

and I might be early but I can't see a need to Upgrade to the Note 6 next year. What can they Add? 6GB RAM a 4K Display which will only slow things down? 1440p is sharp enough

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
And yet it lags.

They can throw as many cores and GHz as they want, but they won't get anywhere until they properly fix Touchwiz (read: bin it and replace it with pure Android + lightweight extra apps for S-Pen capability).

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
And yet it lags.

They can throw as many cores and GHz as they want, but they won't get anywhere until they properly fix Touchwiz (read: bin it and replace it with pure Android + lightweight extra apps for S-Pen capability).

Lol my phone does NOT lag I am willing to bet money on it lmfao.

I have an unbranded note with zero bloat installed

Screenshot_2015-09-27-21-59-18.png

Last edited:

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
And yet it lags.

My Note 5 does not Lag its quite literally faster than my iPhone 6 in every regard.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
And yet it lags.

I just installed this brand new ROM;

★[ROM] ☆ DARTHSTALKER NOTE5 | VERSiON 1 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier/Device | 9.27.2015 ☆

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...m-darthstalker-note5-version-1-aroma-t3212091

And this things does NOT lag anywhere ever. This Note 5 is faster and smoother than my tweaked Nexus 6.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
How do you do this I am guessing

#1. Root HOw please
#2. Where and What ROM do I get
#3. What settings ?

#1 you need an unlocked phone with unlockable bootloader.if you have one you need to tap build number in settings a bunch of quick times and it will unlock developer settings.go in there and click oem unlock.this will unlock your bootloader.no need to crack it,its that simple if you have an unlocked boot phone.if not i highly doubt they will ever crack it and your crap out of luck.just a heads up the second you flash a new unsigned kernel your warranty is 100% void and most likely any mobile pay apps will not work.google wallet should but samsung pay def no.

#2 stock rom! I havnt installed a custom rom yet.i actually like Touchwiz and want to keep the s pen and a bunch of stock features and stock rom for me is always a billion times more stable.so stock rom and stock recovery.

All i did was install a custom kernel call sky kernel found in the xda link i posted above.you need to install odin on your computer and download that kernel.that kernel has root built in and busybox scripts all ready to go.after your device boot up simply download super user SU from the play store and you are rooted.

After you do all that doenload the synapse kernel tweaker app the guy made for his custom kernel from the playstore and start tweaking your phone in his app!

Here is a video of like 13 apps in memory and my phone flys! 6500 multi is no joke and my phone laughs at anything i try to run.

Reactions: MRU

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Lol my phone does NOT lag I am willing to bet money on it lmfao.

I have an unbranded note with zero bloat installed

View attachment 587106 .
Mine does all the time and the issue is well-documented on xda. Also 1GB of RAM used by system alone is terrible. Windows 10 uses a third of that running idle.

I just installed this brand new ROM;

★[ROM] ☆ DARTHSTALKER NOTE5 | VERSiON 1 | Aroma | Multi-Carrier/Device | 9.27.2015 ☆

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmo...m-darthstalker-note5-version-1-aroma-t3212091

And this things does NOT lag anywhere ever. This Note 5 is faster and smoother than my tweaked Nexus 6.
You shouldn't really have to flash custom software on it and void your warranty to get it to behave as it should out of the box.

grkm3

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Mine does all the time and the issue is well-documented on xda. Also 1GB of RAM used by system alone is terrible. Windows 10 uses a third of that running idle.

You shouldn't really have to flash custom software on it and void your warranty to get it to behave as it should out of the box.

You come into my thread saying my phone lags and even quotes my score and then tell me its documented on xda that it lags.

Show me other phones scoring 6600 geekbench with all there lag stories please.i even made a video of basically every app i have and use on my phone and they load before i can even take my finger away from the app icons.

And the system memory is high because samsung is loading a lot of things in there.does windows at idle have its camera app loaded? You know like samsubg does so you can double tap the home button and get the app to load in no time? Or does it have all the s pen drivers and apps running to use the s pen? Or the different color profiles and screen adapt modes in memory? Does it have multi window loaded and ready to blast 2 apps on the screen?

Yes system ram is about 400 mb more the vanila nexus but that phone literally has no features running.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
#1 you need an unlocked phone with unlockable bootloader.if you have one you need to tap build number in settings a bunch of quick times and it will unlock developer settings.go in there and click oem unlock.this will unlock your bootloader.no need to crack it,its that simple if you have an unlocked boot phone.if not i highly doubt they will ever crack it and your crap out of luck.just a heads up the second you flash a new unsigned kernel your warranty is 100% void and most likely any mobile pay apps will not work.google wallet should but samsung pay def no.

#2 stock rom! I havnt installed a custom rom yet.i actually like Touchwiz and want to keep the s pen and a bunch of stock features and stock rom for me is always a billion times more stable.so stock rom and stock recovery.

All i did was install a custom kernel call sky kernel found in the xda link i posted above.you need to install odin on your computer and download that kernel.that kernel has root built in and busybox scripts all ready to go.after your device boot up simply download super user SU from the play store and you are rooted.

After you do all that doenload the synapse kernel tweaker app the guy made for his custom kernel from the playstore and start tweaking your phone in his app!

Here is a video of like 13 apps in memory and my phone flys! 6500 multi is no joke and my phone laughs at anything i try to run.

Does that have the (ram) build prop correction baked into the new rom as well ? It's impressive.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
And yet it lags.

My Note 5 does not lag...it is totally stock with no mods. No lag at at all. It is the fastest most responsive phone I have ever used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.