My Order Was Canceled!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cwosigns, Jun 17, 2009.

1. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I just got an email from Apple canceled my order because "we were unable to obtain approval from AT&T to complete your recent iPhone purchase."

WHAT?!?!? My card has already been charged.

I'm on hold with AT&T on one ear and Apple with the other. There'd better be a good reason for this. I'm traveling for three weeks for work starting monday.

2. grassfeeder macrumors regular

Are you a new customer? If so you may need to drop a deposit?

3. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not a new customer. Was eligible for the $499 price for the 32 GB. They're researching it, but can't find a reason for the order to have been canceled. I've been an AT&T customer for a long time.

4. wr1020 macrumors regular

Wow that really sucks, what was your order status at before they canceled it? Was it at prepared for shipment or not yet shipped?

5. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Hope you get it figured out. I know if that was me I'd let someone have it until they overnight me an iPhone :)

6. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

Of course AT&T can't figure out why my order was canceled. Account is current, completely eligible in their eyes. They're suggesting I wait for my refund to go through, then stop by a store to pick one up. :mad:

As if. I'm getting a BlackBerry for work (unlimited minutes and data). I'm tempted to just cancel both my iPhone and data card accounts.

Simply ridiculous. I'm still on hold while they research.

7. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

So...basically no one knows what happened. AT&T can't get me a phone on Friday; Apple won't get me a phone on Friday. Even though, between the two of them, it's their fault my order was canceled erroneously. And I won't be around to sign for it because I'm going to be on back-to-back business trips for three weeks.

So once I get my company BlackBerry, I'm calling to close my account (two lines). I can't understand rewarding that lack of customer service with a $499 new phone and a monthly payment of $183.00.

Boo.

8. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Ordered mine from AT&T and it was cancelled as well. It was originally approved for the $299 price but now they won't approve it. Still gonna get it for $499 on Friday. I was told it would be two weeks for delivery through AT&T. Now they have saved me all that waiting time.

9. omegaphil6 macrumors 6502

placed 2 orders on two of my lines on the 13th from apple to ensure friday delivery. well today one of the 2 orders was cancelled , Apple says it only states that AT&T was unable to approve, yet when i go down to the AT&T Store they say that the account looks great and there are no notes or reasons as too why it wouldnt be approved! I lost a phone. No one can get me one by friday now! so since the 13th no one bothered to update me regarding my order and give me time to resolve the issue. instead they wait until the last moment and cancel the damn thing!!!! WTF! No i have to go take my chances at 9 am at the AT&T store.

10. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

the wonderful responsive world of AT&T. Enjoy!

11. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

12. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

That's why I went straight to AT&T when I ordered mine. They don't charge until they ship. When you are having to deal with two companies in a business transaction, trouble is bound to arise.

13. Chrisrokc macrumors regular

Had the same problem with one of my lines. I setup a conference call between Apple and AT&T managers. They could not find the problem other than AT&T was not approving. AT&T said, no, we are approving. Anyways they said they would call me back, then didn't. I just ended up ordering the phone on another line.

14. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

In terms of your card being charged, Apple only charges your card on the day the item was shipped. Check and make sure that you are not mistaking a charge for a pre-authorization.

15. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes. Technically it was pre-authorized and "pending." But it still ties up those funds, takes 3-5 business to be released, and I don't have an extra $500 in my account (it was a debit card) to buy it AGAIN like they're wanting me to do.

I'm very disappointed. Between AT&T and Apple, they really dropped the ball and all I'm hearing is, "There's nothing we can do." I then correct them and tell them, "No. There's nothing you're WILLING to do. I've been a loyal Apple and AT&T customer for many years. This would have been my THIRD iPhone in as many years. I'm on my 11th Mac since 2001."

While I love my iPhone, and really wanted the 3GS, I just can't rationalize rewarding this kind of lousy customer service with continued patronage. If they can't manage to get one to me Friday (either shipped or at a store), I'm going to cancel my account and just used my company-issued BlackBerry and keep my 3G as an iPod. I vote with my wallet.

16. eh270 macrumors regular

Out of curiosity, why did you use a debit card instead of a credit card?

17. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Yes, it is because of the inventory!
    Oh yeah its DEFINITELY because of the inventory!
    because of the inventory!
    Inventory!

18. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Some people don't use credit cards. There are no hidden fees or raised interest rates with debit cards.;)

19. joro macrumors 68020

joro

Unless you start overdrafting because of the pending authorization, trust me I have worked for a couple of different banks...:eek:

20. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Just curious as to wether or not your status said "prepared to ship" or was still processing all this time. IF it was already saying "prepared to ship" and then got canceled, that would be really messed up.

21. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Loyalty in this faceless retail world is gone. Companies very rarely care and they place so many restrictions on CSR that their hands are tied..

You may want to check with your bank and see if they have a limit on debit transactions. I had a $400 restriction on my account at one time.

22. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

this sucks

the money technically should be back in your account by friday right, why not go to best buy or wallmart. other then that i got nothing best of luck.

23. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't have any such restrictions on my account. I bought my MacBook with the same debit card/checking account. I've never ever had a problem before.

I called an Apple Customer Relations manager; she is looking into what happened and is trying to locate an AT&T store that will keep one 32 GB 3 GS for me on Friday. I have an 8 - 5 job; I can't just wait in line for hours Friday morning...hence the reason I bought online and was having it delivered to my office.

24. mkmark macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen to me today. Just off the phone with AT&T, they said I'm eligible. Even though the online Apple Store canceled my order because they "couldnt obtain approval from AT&T"

The AT&T guy said the only reason he might be able to see why the system would reject me is because I had an IMEI change last December when I had a warranty exchange on my phone after my original one stopped making calls. Even then, he said it's not a reason for ineligibility and he's not sure why Apple would cancel it.

So now my sure-to-be-delivered-Friday new iPhone is now not happening. Blah.

Did you have any warranty exchanges on your phone at all?