My Pre Ordered Iphone 3gs Arrived At The Att Store !!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LARQ1, Jun 18, 2009.

1. LARQ1 macrumors member

Hello !!!!!

I just tracked the UPS tracking # and the store received my :apple: iphone 3GS already. This was confirmed by the ATT sales who preordered my phone and also received it this morning here in Miami.

I thought they were getting hundreds of pre-orders and to my surprise he says they only got 50 phones (for the people that ordered before last Saturday) and they will be delievered by priority starting
    at 7am tomorrow.

I am planning to be there by 4 am.

Anyone has a similar experience?

2. yode macrumors 6502

theres a thread on the front page for this, but congrats?

3. RjaylinS06 macrumors member

Me to

Mines is out for delivery to the store I ordered from. It's seems like everyone who ordered from the store before the 13th is having no problems. The online people are stressing like crazy cause they don't even have tracking numbers. I don't no y u would go at 4am when there gonna hold your phone for a week. They can't sell your phone so you can pick up anytime you want to. You no what happened last year with how crazy the wait was cause they were activating everyone in the US at the same time. I'm not pickng mine up till the late afternoon and I still have my 3G so what the rush. This 3G s isn't that big of a deal unless you didn't already own a 3G.

4. GeekGirl* macrumors 65816

GeekGirl*

Mine too!

Your iPhone is ready and can be picked up at your local AT&T store as early as June 19th. For your convenience
    AT&T stores will open at 7 AM on June 19th. Remember
    you have 7 days from this notification to visit your AT&T store to pick up your order. Please bring your receipt and a valid ID when you pick up your order
    and be sure your account is in good standing to avoid any unnecessary delays.
    If you are exchanging a device that was purchased within the last 30 days
    the device must be in new condition
    with all original packaging
    accessories
    manuals and proof of purchase. Returns and exchanges may be subject to a restocking fee except where prohibited. Please visit www.att.com/returns for more details.
    Thank you for your order
    we look forward to seeing you!!!
    Your iPhone is ready to be picked up at:

5. CramSoup macrumors member

My 2 3gs iphones are sitting at my local AT&T!

Delivered
    Delivered On: 06/18/2009
    10:43 A.M.
    Delivered To: PEMBROKE PINES, FL, US
    Signed By: JUNETTE
    Tracking Number: 1Z xxxxxx

Type: Package
    Delivered On: 06/18/2009
    10:43 A.M.
    Delivered To: PEMBROKE PINES, FL, US
    Signed By: JUNETTE

6. LARQ1 thread starter macrumors member

wellllllllllllllllll

with everything that it has been happening i want to make sure I get mine early -- last year I was #2 on the line at 5pm the day before - an experience I will never forget - Had a super time (not kidding) -- so being there at 4am is a piece of cake !!! :cool:

7. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

dude relax.. it releases tomorrow.. it has to arrive some time doesn't it?

8. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Pwnage

Since I sold my 3g today, I will go to AT&T tomorrow nearby. Stopped by earlier and asked about the 3GS. They said tomorrow at 7:00 am.

I will get there about 8:15 and get a 32GB that someone is waiting for.
    Will trick AT&T and someone will be pwned. :cool:

The say they will have more units than the preorder. Don't know if it will happen. Never had luck there before on opening day except getting the smaller version.

It's 32GB now so that's the pick.

9. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

10. toomuchstereo macrumors regular

11. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Well, for all those AT&T home delivery people who were panicing, you can relax now. I just received my tracking number from FedEx for the package. And guess what I didn't do...I didn't panic...I didn't bitch...and I didn't harrass AT&T because they didn't give me a tracking number on monday. I took AT&T at their word that they would ship it overnight to arrive tomorrow. And guess what...THAT'S WHAT'S HAPPENING!

12. llj1137075 macrumors member

Your iPhone is ready and can be picked up at your local AT&T store as early as June 19th. *For your convenience
    AT&T stores will open at 7 AM on June 19th. *Remember
    you have 7 days from this notification to visit your AT&T store to pick up your order. Just received this email from my AT&T store.

13. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Dude, this is 3G *S*, not 3G.

Sleep in till noon and there will probably be 48 left when you walk in the store at 2pm.

14. jodilicious macrumors member

jodilicious

ok mine is at the local at&t store too now. but i really cant find out how to do the pre-qualifying credit check thing on the at&t website for new at&t customers. can somebody PLEASE help me with this!!???

15. auburnfan24 macrumors regular

wow...someone hates the 3gs. im pretty sure it'll sell out just as quick. sorry your blackjack II is not 'cool' enough anymore. :p

16. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

mines arrived earlier this week.. like tuesday.. i thought everyone elses had already arrived also... i preordered mines the day after it was announced

17. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

you should have received a confirmation email

why would you show up at 4am. They are doing pre-orders only for 2 hours and you just said they only had 50 pre-orders. Kinda silly to show up that early.

My local store only had 30 pre-orders come in so I'm going at 7

18. Senn macrumors member

4 am rofl

have fun sittin by your self waiting for a phone that is reserved to be yours at 7 am when the doors open

wtf.

19. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Didn't they do they when you preordered?

20. jodilicious macrumors member

jodilicious

thats what i thought. lol. but i just wasn't sure. i was watching the at&t video about launch day and the guy said something about saving time and do the credit check online. so you think that hold on our accounts that went away was the credit check?

21. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Seriously?

I am stating the fact. If I am a first time iPhone user, I would really consider the cheaper $99 3G.

22. TapOut macrumors regular

TapOut

yeah i am going to get to the att store around 6:30am.. there have been like 20 pre orders at my store.. and i am guaranteed to get one so no worrys and no sleepless night

23. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

Interesting. Considering all the hoops we current customers had to jump through, I figured they at least see if first-timers were eligable to get the phone in the first place. Oh well...

24. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I'm getting to my store at like 6:00am. I don't know how many preorders they did but I know that I was the first one to order it.

25. ryvetted macrumors member

I agree, waiting in line is alright! Especially when you get time off work to do it and play all day.