My rMBP!!!! What would you do if you were me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by golf1410, Jul 24, 2012.

1. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I got it almost 4 weeks ago. I was so happy. Has been taking a great care with iCarbon film and Bodyguardz film together. Use incase Terra to carry around. I just found marks and a crack of not a good job of assemble. Have a look. I am pretty sure that wasn't me who did that. They came with it when I got it. what would you do? Can I still exchange for a new one?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343123832.960939.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343123855.148195.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343123876.728917.jpg

2. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

I doubt you'll be able to get another one ... those (almost invisible) scratches could have been easily done after your purchase (even if I'm sure you are not a liar !) : the only way to get it exchanged would prolly have been to check it in the store when you purchased it ... and if you got it from the online store, maybe you should have gone in an Apple store and get it opened there (BUT ALL THIS IS ACADEMIC !)

It's not big deal pal, it's still a magnificent machine ... relax and enjoy it !

3. deerfaced macrumors regular

If everything else is spot on I'd keep it and keep an eye on it. If it gets worse (more open) over the year I'd pop in and see what they say.

But that's just me. You could always just call apple care and ask them to make a note of it on your file? (no idea if they actually do this) so that if you do call back in 6 months, they've got a record of it?

(i'm talking about the gap in the case - if that's what it is... hard to tell from those pics)

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Err... How can you be sure? Apple might replace it, but don't be surprised if they decide not to.

5. golf1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

golf1410

I put the film from iCarbon and bodyguardz on almost 360 degree plus the incase sleeve Terra all the time. I really don't use it that much coz most of apps don't support retina yet. So I have it sit around on my desk and in the sleeve all the time.

6. golf1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

golf1410

About the crack, it happens only one side. Another side doesn't. Very annoying when you spend a lot of money on computer and expect the great quality and QC.

7. golf1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

golf1410

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

What's a prolly?

9. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Uhm ... sorry : it's "probably" ...

10. Baytriple macrumors 6502

11. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Yeps ...

12. golf1410 thread starter macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Guys, come on. Please give me some response. I am not worry about the scratch that much. The crack thing is what I am really worried.

13. snaky69 macrumors 603

You're out of the return window which is 14 days, not 30. Coming on here and posting pictures isn't going to help you any. Just go to an Apple store and try your luck there, though I doubt you'll get anything out of it.

14. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Why do you need our feedback? If you want to return it, its your decision not ours.

15. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

If you take it to the Apple Store, I'm pretty sure they'll hand you a new one if they're in stock. I would call first to make sure they have them in your local store. Just tell them what happened, with past experiences as good as mine, they should give you a brand new one.

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not entirely sure they will. I mean why give the laptop to a customer who's outside their 14 day return periord when they can sell it. In fact they're flying off the shelves so why hold off on this.

I'd say they may just tell the OP to send it in for service. YMMV, but I think a really hot selling item like this means that the store may be less willing to exchange something outside the return window.

It can't hurt to try but I'd not set my expectations very high.

17. Collin789 macrumors regular

Collin789

I know it was in the first sentence, but I missed that it was 4 weeks old lol. Yeah, that changes things.

18. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Why even have it? Why not get an iMac?

19. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Just go speak with Apple, there is little we can do here, if it`s cracked they should be able to replace the part. If they accept it`a a manufacturing issue they will cover the cost which is most likely, if they believe it`s from misuse then you will have to pay for the replacement ...

20. ZipZap macrumors 601

Four comments ...

1. Stop looking for flaws. You had to go looking for that.
    2. Ask Apple about the crack and its potential for spreading.
    3. If it has not spread in 1 year, I doubt it will. If it has, get it replaced
    4. Applecare

21. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I can't see any cracks from those photos. 2 of them seem to show a small scratch on the black plastic, and one seems to show a little chip in the aluminium.

22. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

5. Spend more time with the opposite sex :eek:

23. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Ok, I cannot see a crack. Help me out here.

Also, cynical me has to ask - if you rarely use it and leave it in the sleeve most of the time, what were you doing that made you spot these tiny marks after 4 weeks?

I'm guessing it slipped out of the sleeve somehow when you were picking it up - come on, you can tell us.

24. gentlefury macrumors 68030

25. dade247 macrumors member

Looks fine to me ... call apple care and be done with it.