Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
Some interesting stripes developing after about a month of usage on mine.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    788.4 KB · Views: 724
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 730
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 448
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    864.3 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
Reactions: Spencerdl

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
Some interesting stripes developing after about a month of usage on mine:
View attachment 616885 View attachment 616886
Looks good! I have both the saddle brown and just picked up the Rose grey tonight Saddle brown is probably my favorite but the Rose grey is a close second!

Everyone's pictures here are awesome. While bored at work it was this thread that convinced me to buy the saddle brown!

bahndoos

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Looks like you conditioned it ??or I'm wrong !! That's how my last one looked when I did that !!!
No conditioning at all. I think those stripes are inherent from the stretching of the leather very thinly over whatever the solid structure is inside. They happen to show up once oil from one's hand (or in your case, conditioning with oil) is absorbed into it and spreads in its own way.

Last edited:

Seanblueman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
No conditioning at all. I think those stripes are inherent from the stretching of the leather very thinly over whatever the solid structure is inside. They happen to show up once oil from one's hand (or in your case, conditioning with oil) is absorbed into it and spreads in its own way.

Look good tho .. My new one is taking forever to change

10-Dee-Q

macrumors 6502a
i love this case as well, but there's a problem which really pissed me off,
this case is very easy to scratches, put the phone on my car's phone cradle and it get scratches , put the phone near house keys it scratches, even your nail can scratches this case,
the sratches can be "wipe" away using your finger but if like me you frequently put the phone in car cradle, than this might be annoying.

Reactions: violetjune

violetjune

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2014
Sacramento, CA
i love this case as well, but there's a problem which really pissed me off,
this case is very easy to scratches, put the phone on my car's phone cradle and it get scratches , put the phone near house keys it scratches, even your nail can scratches this case,
the sratches can be "wipe" away using your finger but if like me you frequently put the phone in car cradle, than this might be annoying.

I notice this as well! Last year I noticed I chipped my  product red leather case from my car phone mount, and I'm very gentle with my leather cases. I find myself babying my leather cases! So I used them sparingly...

kingston73

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2015
I really wish there was more drop info on this case, it looks great but I'm always afraid I'm going to damage something.

Seanblueman

macrumors newbie
Feb 16, 2016
I have the blue case 2 I let my mother use it to see how it will look in a couple of months smh first of all it doesn't look like it fit on her iPhone 6s well and it's a apple 6s case but she messed this case up .. My saddle brown fits my iPhone 6 lovely

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    987.9 KB · Views: 652

Brooke795

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2016
San Diego
I have the blue case 2 I let my mother use it to see how it will look in a couple of months smh first of all it doesn't look like it fit on her iPhone 6s well and it's a apple 6s case but she messed this case up .. My saddle brown fits my iPhone 6 lovely
I had that issue when I ordered the midnight blue as well. Like it didn't fit the bottom properly! I had ordered it online and had it shipped but went to the Apple Store to exchange it. They were so nice there and proceeded to let me open three others to try. They all didn't fit! The rose grey fit. They then told me that certain colors may be manufactured differently and hence the probable reason it didn't work. So I walked out with the rose grey.
[doublepost=1457354798][/doublepost]
Five months old. Pretty happy wit it.

IMG_0501.JPG
Yours looks awesome!!
[doublepost=1457355505][/doublepost]
it can be rub away if it's like 1 or 2 time
but everyday i mount it on my car holder so the same exact spot comes in contact with the car holder thus creating more " permanent" marks.
I'm right there with you. I found myself babying the case as much as the phone if I were to not use a case at all. I was so paranoid to stain or scratch it! Like you I put my phone in a certain place in my car while driving (The only place I can keep my phone out while driving) and after three times putting it there the case ended up with a pressure line. It happened to my first saddle brown case and at first I thought it was a defect in the case so I exchanged it. Then it happened again and it took me a second to pin point the culprit. My phone has its own pocket in my purse and in my satchel at work. So I was clueless for awhile!

Here's two pics: one of my saddle brown with the pressure line. The rose grey demonstrates how I kept it in the car. I still like these cases but I've moved on to speck candyshell. At the end of the day it's my favorite case of all time. I've had them for each of my iPhone's starting with the 4. And I don't have to baby it or worry about staining (not worried about the "aging" of the leather. It was more of a mishap occurring that'd leave a stain on it...even though I wash my hands a LOT I still have a six year old son)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 423
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

mirz2000

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2013
US
Here is how my saddle brown leather case has fared after three months. Kind of sad that the apple logo is almost worn away because of how I hold my case (the apple is a finger rest spot)

Before:
d9130fd3c41f5ff2fd6a07284ed620a6.jpg

23469b6c9b3c72b1db24d352889b9324.jpg

cc8c4dacc7fe5fc12c34476a07b582e1.jpg

After:
5636449b3d98049ad707f5c52ad8363e.jpg

173ec61d40c9a4444d8a40e854a7714c.jpg

e13bf1037cdbfbcbf3b3837b250b27dd.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.