My SGP Ultra Thin Pastel Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by falconeight, Sep 22, 2010.

1. falconeight Guest

falconeight

First things first, this case kicks much arse! Yes I understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Cases I own are The Apple white bumper, Scosche Bandedge, Ifrogz Lux Lean, Body glove Plaid snap on case, and Free Speck tartan.

I bought two of the SGP ultra thin and they came today. My wife got pink and I got wife. The case comes with a shield protector, apple logo protector, flash enhancers. The fit is perfect it snaps on to the phone and uses the lip to click into. The feel of the case is somewhere in between high quality plastic and rubber. It feels great in the hand, has a little grip with almost no bulk. The side button cut outs are a great idea, it gives strength to the case and looks like the case was melted to the phone. The finish shows no finger prints, but I heard the black one does. I think it looks better with the case on than with it off. I can't comment on durability cause I have only had it for a day. But I will be buying another one for a back up. I have been having problems with cases that have the rubberized coating with scratches. I also would rather have a zagg than the screen protector that came from SGP.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. missygal Guest

missygal

WOW that case looks nice! I'm still worried about scratches tho??? Can't decide between blue or white...:rolleyes:

3. awtryau89 macrumors regular

I have this exact same white case. I love it. I just got it last Friday and my case search is over. I am going to get one of the matte silver ones when they start shipping though. My thoughts mirror yours. The best thing about the case IMO is it is as close to a naked iPhone with decent protection. There are no issues with any screen protectors either as the lip provides lay on the table protection but does not come over the edge. I have a clear coat back shield and it fits fine. The other thing I really like it it is rounded. It takes the sharp edges off the phone. I dropped mine today in full stride. It landed on a smooth concrete floor and slid a few feet. The phone is fine and the case did not even really scracth up. I am thinking the black would show scratches much worse but the white does not show scratches or fingerprints at all. This case is a winner.

4. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I can say that scratches should not be a worry as all cases made of plastic scratch. I would go with the blue only because if you are thinking about color it is very subdued and classy in colors.

Here are my wives with the pink on. She loves it but is scared she is going to drop it. She likes the case better than the phone......?girls.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Awesome I think SGP hit the nail on the head with the design of this case.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Totally off topic but I love the granite in your kitchen. Looks just like the granite countertop I have in one of my bathrooms. Oh yeah, nice case too;).

7. missygal Guest

missygal

8. Che Castro macrumors 603

would the iphone with a full body zagg fit this case?

9. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Thanks my wallet feels the the look of the granite.

10. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

Its a tight fit, I would say no.

11. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

I've had the pink case for about 3 weeks now and love it. It has taken abuse but hasn't shown any scratches. Last week I won a black case from SGP on Twitter and gave it to my husband. He is very pleased with his. The one complaint I have is the black one will show smudges on the back but the pink one doesn't.

12. chanerz macrumors 6502a

I have the white one. I tossed my case-mate glossy white.

13. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Do the sides come above the screen? If you lay it face down will the case hold the screen off the surface?

14. chanerz macrumors 6502a

The sides are raised so you can lay the face down.

15. DARKiLLUSiON macrumors 6502

Does it works with the Apple dock? I've been searching for a case that fits on the dock but there's hardly any good ones out there...

16. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It fits on my apple dock but I am not sure which one I have

17. sawah macrumors 6502a

sawah

18. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

Nice review.

Ive just ordered the white one from the SGP Ebay store.

So should have it within about 10days.

i also opted against the black, as it will show every scratch, which will look tacky after awhile!

:cool:

19. missygal Guest

missygal

20. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I have yet to see a yellow one. Post a pic when you get it.

21. ihonda macrumors 68000

ugh why do compaines feel the need to cut out a circle for the logo! it looks so terrible

22. Mikey86uk macrumors 6502

i think it looks good.

Well the white case does, the black/chrome apple logo adds to it.

23. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

It looks really good and gives the phone some of its original design which is a very nicely designed phone. Plus you can change the color of the apple is wanted.

24. missygal Guest

missygal

Will do!:D

25. falconeight thread starter Guest

falconeight

I figured out how to describe the texture. I think it feels like polished bone:D 3 days now and the wife and I love the cases the button cut outs make it really easy to find the right buttons when not looking at the phone or in the dark.