Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I really want an Ultra Thin Matter Silver :( Wish they would put them for preorder.

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
just got the white version, it's very nice and looks like a keeper. it just seems that a little slippery in hand. nevertheless i will still use it as primary case, you can't beat the look on that case eventhough i have dozen other premium cases. by the way does it scratch easily?

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I really want an Ultra Thin Matter Silver :( Wish they would put them for preorder.

Based on the response to questions about this case on their Facebook page, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. All indications are it'll be a while...

falconeight

Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Ya I got it yesterday sorry lol. I really like it so far, live the yellow! It's a little slippery so trying to get use to that. I'll hopefully post pics late today. :D

Now I can sleep good at night. I haven't had a problem with any slippage. it feels like a naked Iphone to me.

falconeight

Original poster
Apr 6, 2010
Must refrain from buying this case....I dont need it!!!......nevermind I ordered it

Dyspareunia

macrumors regular
May 2, 2010
Southern California
The Ultra Thin Matte in Gun Metal is now available (sooner than I expected)

I ordered the standard Ultra Thin in Black, which is ultra glossy and ultra fingerprint revealling. It's a great case!

I'm just looking over the images on SGPStore's site of the Matte series, and I can't help wonder if the cases are different type of material/plastic, as you can see plastic mold lines along the middle edges in the photo. I'm not OCD, but those lines are very obvious and wonder if the final product will have those as well, as I think it makes it look less attractive.

birddog0347

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2010
After reading last week about their screen protectors, I ordered one of those and ditched my Zagg shield. I am ten million % happier with the SGP screen protector and decided to order this case today in Matte Gun Metal. I hope to have it by friday or saturday...

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
Hi,

anyone drop their phone using this case? how the drop?

I did :( and it was pretty hard hit, almost 1.5 meters, my 11 months old daughter was pulling my hair while i was holding my phone which slipped from my hand while i was trying to take her hand off my hair, thankfully nothing happened to my iphone nor the case. but i consider that i am lucky rather than the case protected my phone.

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2010
This case should hold well. Have you seen the SGP video where they were stepping on the case? Pretty cool!

nvidia134

macrumors newbie
Oct 9, 2010
I did :( and it was pretty hard hit, almost 1.5 meters, my 11 months old daughter was pulling my hair while i was holding my phone which slipped from my hand while i was trying to take her hand off my hair, thankfully nothing happened to my iphone nor the case. but i consider that i am lucky rather than the case protected my phone.

Oh..that bad. Lucky you had the case installed. Just want to ensure the drop before i order the case. Thanks

macrumors member
Oct 11, 2010
So which one is better-pastel or matte?I am currently set for a white one(despite it looks kinda like a woman variant), maybe anybody has a matte version too? How's the grip with matte, how are the looks?

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I just got the matte silver version of this case on Friday. I already had the white pastel version. I really like both but the silver is staying on the phone for now.

Hervboo

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
So which one is better-pastel or matte?I am currently set for a white one(despite it looks kinda like a woman variant), maybe anybody has a matte version too? How's the grip with matte, how are the looks?

I have the matte version in black and while I don't have the pastel/vivid versions to compare it to, I don't believe the grip is any different. The matte version just feels like plastic, which I'd imagine the other versions feel like also. The matte version does prevent fingerprints, so if that is a concern of yours, I'd go with the matte.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.