My solution to gaming on a Mac and just running macOS

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by jdasikainen, Jul 27, 2019.

1. jdasikainen macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

for those who haven't heard http://shadow.tech has a Mac app. for $25 you get a gtx 1080 gaming rig in the cloud. full Windows 10 Home 8 core Xeon 12gb ram Nvidia P5000 graphics card. and man does it get the job done. I run a 2017 4k iMac with core i5 3ghz 8gb ram 512gb ssd, and am able to do all my twitch streaming and gaming through macOS also just a side note iff anyone wants to try shadow I do have a code you can use to sign up and get $10 for ur first month. they also let u do $10 for 10 days to try it as well. Just havnt seen a conversation about shadow here and thought id bring it up as it finally allowed me to ditch a bootcamp partition and quit having to reboot to game.

my shadow code: JAKEYWJC

2. Huntn macrumors demi-god

Huntn

Interesting, $300-420 a year and I assume a speedy internet connection, and wonder if data caps come into play? For myself, I am not impressed with the speed of things like cloud storage, so I would choose the $1400 PC build/purchase.

3. jdasikainen thread starter macrumors 6502

jdasikainen

its actually not bad I use their setting to use 20mbps even though I pay for 100/5 I use about 2 to 3 gb a hour and yes I do have a data cap but I was going over so much that it was making my internet bill double if not more a month this gives me a unlimited data gigabit internet connection so I can switch games as much as Id like but I get its not for everyone plus gaming on my iPhone when away from home is pretty epic and I don't notice much of a delay its there but not bad

4. star-affinity macrumors 65816

star-affinity