My speck candyshell quality

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aliensarecool, Oct 14, 2012.

1. aliensarecool, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2012
  2. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

Made in Taiwan? They should of sent it to Foxconn. :D

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Y U NO INSERT CLICKABLE LINK

thanks aphexacid

4. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Mine has also peeled a bit but not to that extent. I like the case a lot but its annoying that the rubber seems to rub off. I emailed speck and they suggested it was defective so I switched it out at best buy, but my second one is doing the same thing

5. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Little backstory might be helpful. Was it that way out of the box? Did you use it for a week and then it became that way? A month? A year? Sucks regardless. I'd contact Speck unless it was abuse or something that led to the damage.

6. mainboard macrumors newbie

mainboard

i am using candyshell flip - and its prefect though .. :D

7. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Mine too, I love it.

8. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Did you buy it on Amazon for a lot less than the standard price of $34.95?
    It looks like a counterfeit to me. :confused:

9. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

What about it makes it look like a counterfeit?

10. joec1101 macrumors 6502

The horrible finish quality. I have *never* seen a real Speck case that looked like that.

11. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Ok, interesting.

12. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

There are counterfeit Speck cases out there? 0.0

I have the black model of this case I bought at Best Buy so I know it's legit.

13. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'd also like to know if this was a counterfeit model. Mine is flawless and direct from Target.

Made me giggle. :D

14. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Indeed there are counterfeit cases out there of many of the popular brand cases. In fact, Speck has a section on their web site devoted to this topic.

If you purchased at a brick & mortar "authorized" retailer like Apple, Best Buy, Target, AT&T store, etc. then you have an authentic version.

If you purchased online from Amazon or some other online store, you *may* have a counterfeit; especially if you paid well below the normal price for it.

Those super low prices at online stores like the ones charging $10.00 or $15.00 for a "Candyshell" are most likely counterfeits.

15. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I got my Black Speck CS at BB and it's going back. Not just because the 30-pin adapter won't work, but it's already showing signs of wear on the back. There are areas that look scratched. As if someone took a piece of sand paper to a couple of small areas. So I can only guess over time it will only get worse. I have always had a matte finish on my cases. Or at least not hard shiney plastic. Now I know why.

16. gobes macrumors member

I had two go worse than this. The rubber flaked off loads and even made the screen grubby. Plastic split above charging hole.

17. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

When I had my 4S, I bought a Candyshell for it. White and black rubber. WORST. PURCHASE. EVER. In three weeks flat, the rubber on it started flaking, and interfering with my Anti-Glare Power Support screen protector. I put up with it for a while, until the rubber on the side literally ripped off when taking the phone out of my case one day. I swore I would never buy another Candyshell after that, a $40 case shouldn't behave like that.

I ended up getting the Black and Peacock Candyshell flip as a gift for my iPhone 5, and I must say, I love it. I do hope it doesn't start flaking (I've only had it for a couple days), but from what I've gathered, the colored rubbers, for some reason don't flake.