*My* Top 10 Reasons to Jaibreak

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dlamin517, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

1. Video Recording
    2. Voice Navigation gps(coming feb 20th)
    3. Sbsettings(quick access to wifi, 3g, airplane mode, and fast notes, closing processes, changing brightness)
    4. MxTube (i like watching high quality youtube videos. i dont know about you)
    5. 5 icon dock (changes everything)
    6. Numeric battery percentage(love it)
    7. running apps in the background
    8. copy and paste
    9. viewing calendar events on lockscreen(basically my todolist)
    10. status updates in status bar

I dont use winterboard or themes so my iphone doesnt lag.

2. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I have been thinking about jailbreaking just for video recording, so it is helpful to see other reasons that may make me take the plunge sooner.

Thanks for the post.

3. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

All good programs.

I also love QuickGold and the ability to play flash video.

4. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My god.

We don't need separate threads for every person's reasons for jail-breaking or not.

What's wrong with using the other 2 threads?

5. broozes macrumors newbie

It is because people are illiterate or just stupid to notice all the other posts, or the "search" function so we have 400 threads on "Should I get the iPhone now?" And threads like this. This board would have 30 less pages of ******** if people started using 'search' and replying on the same thread, than posting a new one.

And the fact people like the attention so people reply to THEIR post.

But in all seriousness, this section has 460 pages, half of them are repeats of the same topics over and over again.

6. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

You totally just made me consider downloading PWNAGE right now. :eek:

7. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

My reason is because I love my 5 icon transparent/reflective dock.
    the stock dock looks cheap

Attached Files:

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

This is the third one! I started the first one... then someone made a counter thread, and now you just made a third one. I'm glad you like your iPhone jailbroken... I'm happy for you. You're getting your money's worth. Personally, I'm happy with mine as well. I don't have to jailbreak to enjoy my iPhone.

9. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

thats why you have a clicker on your mouse. you dont have to press it when you hover over something. its completely optional

10. Snide macrumors 6502a

Snide

LOL!!

How you omitted QuickGold is astonishing, as it's my #1...

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

There are 10 items from this forum that appear in the sidebar on the iPhone page.

When 3 are taken up by the same topic, it really limits what else is shown there and it's annoying.

Please tell me how to fix that with my clicker.

Please, I'm willing to learn.

12. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

i tried it but never really needed to use it

Learn to deal with it.

13. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I would love to jailbreak but i updated to 2.2.1 and the baseband upgraded to 2.30 so i guess I wont be able to jailbreak anytime soon. Is there anyway besides the sim card to jailbreak or am I just screwed on ever getting the chance the jailbreak again?

14. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

You can jailbreak it, you can't unlock it. More info at: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

15. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

ive seen that downgrading from 2.2.1 to 2.2 but it does not downgrade the baseband 2.30 to 2.28. Even though the baseband doesnt downgrade would it still be able to jailbreak?

16. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Jeez, not this question again. No one learns on their own anymore.

I will type slowly

JB is not the same as unlocking.

17. slu macrumors 68000

slu

All the wanna be moderators in this thread need to lighten up. You are not the macrumors police.

I had not seen the other threads. I was not thinking about jailbreaking my phone, but I saw this thread on the main page and clicked on it. I am glad I did as I learned about more apps that make it more likely I will jailbreak. So I am grateful for this thread.

If you have a problem with a post or thread, report it. Otherwise ignore it.

The only thing that happens when you post in threads like this is you make yourself look like a jerk. You also keep the thread near the top of the first page. If you ignore it, it is likely to disappear quicker, so you are really just making it worse for yourself since these threads seems to bother you oh so much. Find something better to do with your time.

18. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I hope you're not taking them seriously and getting genuinely upset with the "this has already been posted" crowd. Most are just trolls trying to elicit a response.

If they are genuinely pissed that someone posted a repetitive thread then they are probably like 12 years old and this is the most important thing in their lives right now. Let it ride.

19. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Jailbreaking is amazing:p I had Pandora running in the background with backgrounder (recently restored and haven't put any music), then I ran Trapster. Pandora was playing the music in the background perfectly and Trapster was letting me know about the police,speed cameras,red cameras,etc.

It worked fluently and didn't have a crash or anything:D It was awesome :cool:

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I also love Live Clock and Weather Icon. I now have the real time and real weather on my icons instead of the generic icon that always point to three o'clock and show a sunny, 70-something degrees.

21. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

22. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

23. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Of course it won't stop people who really wanna do it. People break laws... it's what they do. Not everyone of course, but they do. People do a lot worse things than jailbreak a phone.

24. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Don't mix "legal" with "moral".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.