My watch stopped charging

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Globug, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Globug macrumors 6502

Globug

Like totally and completely. Yesterday it was a bit iffy but still charged. Today? Nada.

Has anyone has that happen? Do you guys think it's the cord or the battery? I did coconut battery test a few weeks ago and it seemed to be a good battery still. I'm so confused.

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

It could be either.
    Have you tried another cord?
    Any store that sells the watch should have an extra cable or charging stand you could test the watch.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Do what the above poster said. Just go into an Apple Store to check if with a different charger you get power.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

No reason to be confused. Just use the process of elimination like the others suggested.

5. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

So i'm pretty sure its an issue with teh charger. I took the watch the the apple store yesturday and updated the ios there. the watch was charging just fine on the table chargers. Bought it home, and it didn't charge overnight. Today it died at 3 pm. I have an appointment with apple saturday. They will probably make me buy a new charger. Only lasted a little over 2 years :(

6. Mr-Fly macrumors 6502

7. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

When you bring your defective charger to Apple, allow them to look at it, and if they think it something that was out of your control why it stopped working, they might replace it with a new one for you if they are willing. They are usually good with things like this. But it's not a guarantee.

8. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

That's what I'm hoping will happen.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Nice kitty.

10. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

So they gave me a charger at half price oh well. Better than nothing

11. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

You’re right, that’s better than nothing. If you think about how many companies would actually even consider discounting a new charger for you, I would say not many. So at least it goes to show you the Apple considered your concern and provided you a discount when they didn’t have to.

12. Mr-Fly macrumors 6502

But nevertheless I can still recommend the charger I posted. It's on my nightstand and my watch rests there every night in a nice position. My Apple charger is now in my bag, so if I ever need to charge on the road or at work I will use that charger. That's why I love this night stand charger, as it has the charging build in and does not rely on the original one pressed into it.

13. Globug thread starter macrumors 6502

Globug

Thanks. Would love to but can't afford it, and I also live in Australia so it probably wouldn't work anyway.

14. Mr-Fly macrumors 6502

Nothing to do with australia. It uses a standard USB Plug and you use your iphone/iPad USB Charger.
    Dont know what it costs in Australia, but I paid 26 €