My white conversion with ifixdirect

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by martynov, Jan 15, 2011.

1. martynov macrumors member

So i recently signed up to macrumors in search of a white iphone 4 back since i broke my black one. After some thinking and researching i decided to pull the trigger on a white conversion.

This is where my story starts...So just like any other person i started to search google and stumbled upon macrumors which had quiet a huge knowledge base on these conversions. Deciding between companies like ifixyouri, iphone4whitekit, iresq, ifixdirect, and a few others i decided to go to ifixdirect primarily because of the location. I live in bay ridge near owl head park so it was like a 15-20 minute ride to their office location. It was really a win win situation because i could check out the parts and make sure that the installation went well.

I scheduled my appointment and i was there today, after 45 minutes of wait time i had my iphone 4 in white. For those of you who want to visit their location, you need to go to the bottom floor as the storefront up-top is a postal plaza. Overall they were very nice and answered all of my questions in regards to the recent issues that people were having including the proximity sensor. Everything on my phone works and looks great, they feel just like the black parts except for the fingerprints. As a warning, the glass they use does get dirty fast and is a little harder to clean and maintain. I really did not mind this factor so it wasn't a deal breaker. The home button is slightly off on color but almost matching. I've seen some pictures here before and i can say mine looks a lot better or maybe its just the camera that people use.

I think the most exciting part of the day was checking out the new color dna service parts they have in red and blue. The blue is absolutely stunning and i got a chance to play with the blue converted phone but the red one was still being installed. I have taken some pictures for you guys to check it out and if you have any questions about the parts, ill be glad to answer them.

Overall my recent experience with ifixdirect has been nothing but perfect. The gentleman that was working on my phone was Jonathan so if you would like to speak to him directly you can reach him at extension 2 on their main number.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now for the blue and red:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can check out more pictures at their website, they posted them up recently. I believe that you can pre-order now the red and the blue but im probably going to stick with my white iphone 4.

2. Lukey Baby macrumors newbie

Looks like a really nice conversion! does you phone have the new torx screws on the bottom?

3. bdeitemeyer macrumors member

Nice review, congrats on getting a good white conversion (unfortunately mine wasn't so great...went through Zeetron).

Wow that blue looks amazing, it's an anodized blue from the looks of it...very interesting and intriguing.

4. martynov thread starter macrumors member

No it does not, i have the regular screws. Is there some kind of a difference??

Yes, that blue is fantastic...its very eye catchy. Im sorry to hear about your experience with zeetron, have you got your money back?

5. Lukey Baby macrumors newbie

well apparently the ones with the new screws have different proximity sensors that dont work with the white parts. what did they say about the proximity sensor issue?

6. bdeitemeyer macrumors member

So far they've asked me if I'd like to send the parts back for a replacement, which I replied I'd rather just send everything back for a refund as I wasn't pleased at all with the kit they sent me (poor fitment, missing parts, and the defective LCD screen of course). My last email was sent close to 5pm yesterday, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt that they were closed for the week by the time they received my email and I'll hear from them Monday.

7. martynov thread starter macrumors member

My proximity sensor is working flawlessly, they mentioned that their old parts had some issues due to the fact that there was too much light coming through the perforations on the white front plate. Those little dotted holes just need to be colored with a sharpie from the back and it should work just fine.

Wow that does sound like a lot of issues, i definitely hope you can get your money back. Im sure they are just closed over the weekend, hang tight :)

8. Danny2011 macrumors member

Does anyone know if there is a diff. between iresq and ifixdirect? Meaning a diff in quality and turn around time. I don't want to be stuck without my phone for weeks :( Let me know thanks

9. martynov thread starter macrumors member

After doing my research, i dont think iresq is doing the conversions anymore. They were actually my primary choice. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

10. Lukey Baby macrumors newbie

oh right i see, is that what they did with yours?

11. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Do you not see? This is clearly ifixdirect otherwise why would he have 3 different converted iPhones!?

12. martynov thread starter macrumors member

Im not sure what 3 phones are you referring to?? Those pictures of the colored phones were taken at their office...feel free to give them a visit and check it out for your self.

13. MallCop macrumors 6502

I got mine done through an ebay listing and it looks great and has no problems what so ever. Sent my phone and had it back all within 3 days. Ill give you their email if you want.

14. InsanelyApple macrumors 6502

InsanelyApple

I love the blue one. I'm sure it would draw A LOT of attention. :D

15. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

If you use non-official parts in the white mod, doesn't that make your phone non FCC compliant and thusly violating AT&T/Verizon's user agreement... Allowing ATT (and Verizon) to cancel your contract, charge ETF, etc...?

16. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I drool everytime I see a white iPhone... :eek: So frickin' bad ass. :cool:

17. sjam80 macrumors newbie

welcome back ifixdirect...like we dont know its you.........posting pictures of the colors....atleast say who you are and that your trying to repair your rep.....by the way did you refund all those people their money and phones yet....???

18. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

The blue and red phones look HORRIBLE. I cant believe anyone even likes those. To me, they look like a nintendo ds or something.

19. martynov thread starter macrumors member

I'm not sure why you're accusing me of lying but none the less, im just here to provide my customer satisfaction. If there is a problem, you should call them im sure they can help you out.

To each is own i guess :) i personally love the white color. The blue and red are very attractive though.

20. sjam80 macrumors newbie

you just happen to get your phone converted white by a company with a bad rep here......and then by chance you happen to come across that same forum where their rep is trash and post a glowing review about your phone as well as about both their other colors too......sounds fishy .......

21. martynov thread starter macrumors member

I'm not going to try to prove you wrong as i see you seem to be really pissed off at this company but unlike you, i had a great experience and decided to help them out with their new service by posting up the pics of the colors. Once again, have you tried contacting them??

22. sjam80 macrumors newbie

nope and i wont all i will get is more lies........and then some more lies and empty promises......but tell michael i said hi......and ask him how his other company zeetron is doing because they both use the same DNA picture showing the 3 colors for the iphone 4........now is that suppose to be just a fluke too??????????

23. martynov thread starter macrumors member

It never hurts to try but thats your business. I cannot answer those questions for you as i do not know. To me it looks like zeetron just ripped of their icons as they are poor quality.

24. sjam80 macrumors newbie

no i actually seen that image on zeetron page way before it was on ifix page....still dont buy your explanations as to you just happen to stumble upon the one forum that your *( their) name is trash on ..........still shocked that they can do business still using paypal....after all the claims that were filed

25. martynov thread starter macrumors member

I did not know i had to answer to you? Say what you have to say, im happy with my white iphone 4 and nobody can change my mind about that :) Seems like you have a personal agenda so ill take a step back.