My wife said enough is enough

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tttexxan, Jul 3, 2010.

1. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Well log my wife into the category of taking her Iphone 4 back.
    After approx 15 drop calls today and phone randomly dialing when talking (prox sensor Im guessing) she has had enough. What sucks is I have had approx 8 drop calls on mine today while our daughters 3gs (my old phone) has had zero. Her 3gs phone registers 5 bars and our has 1 at same locations. Just crazy. Im still holding out on returning, but I can't convince her otherwise.

Kinda sucks since I stood in line most of the day to get two phones. However since she doesn't care for the feel and is having issues might as well return.

I read where apple is coming out with a fix, but she feels this is just tricking the phone since our daughter has no issues at all.

We are both apple fans so kinda hard to return any product.

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

3. JulianL macrumors 65816

I haven't used my phone for many calls yet so I can't judge but that sounds bad. I really hope Apple do get on top of this, either with a software fix or with a redesign. If they do have to change the design then I really hope that they can manage to do something that preserves the current form factor and that they don't have to bulk up the design in order to go back to internal antennas because I love this new form factor on the iPhone 4.

- Julian

4. tttexxan thread starter macrumors 6502a

my thoughts exactly

Im with you on that one...I wouldnt even mind slightly bulkier phone if it held its calls. Just very strange to me that so many drop calls since switching. We used to have alot with the first gen phones but the 3g series seem to have less. The phone does have a very different feel than the 3 g series also and takes some time to adjust.

5. CJayC macrumors 6502

So when her call dropped from covering the left black strip after the first time, what made her think doing it another 14 times would stop the calls from dropping?

6. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

7. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

To the contrary, my iPhone 4 has had bullet proof call performance thus far. I'm very VERY happy w/ it to this point. Of course, I have a bumper on it so I don't have the lower left corner issue.

8. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

If you like the phone so much put it in a case -- it will cure the problem. No waiting on a fix etc.

Also the phone is glass, it should be in a case.

9. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I've had all my iPhones in cases from day one! That's why they look like new when I stop using them. That m.o. is more important than ever with iPhone 4.
    It's a minor investment to protect your much greater investment.

Just makes sense to me. And even with a case you still need to be careful and not let them near 4 year olds! Nothing against 4 year olds..I was 4 once. But c'mon!

10. bobdigi macrumors regular

I love my flawless iPhone 4. Zero dropped calls since release day.

11. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.*

*the views expressed here do not necessarily represent those of Management (wife)...

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1 - I had a talk with the wifey and we decided cases are the way to go until this is all sorted out. They mitigate the issue. On the previous phones I was always able to find a case she liked. I hope it works out for you.

13. corduroy73 macrumors member

Are you wife's dropped calls due to reception loss or a proximity sensor issue and her face is hitting end call?

Does she have a screen protector on? This may be causing the proximity sensor problem.

I suggest trying a bumper without a screen protector. You never know, that may fix both of her problems.

14. nosser macrumors regular

Same here with mine and the wife's... But yeah try a bumper.

15. Munitalp macrumors 65816

You know you could have just bought her a case... she was going to drop it in the bathroom or the kitchen sooner or later anyway and shatter the glass to a million pieces (if not using a case). I guess you lucked out because you didn't have to replace it though :eek:

16. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Just tell her she's holding the phone the wrong way.

17. Juan007 macrumors 6502a

Juan007

Funny, your wife told me just the opposite last night.

18. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

+1 on no issues. Sorry to hear about your woes.

19. bigchief macrumors 6502a

If my wife had 15 dropped calls in one day she would be exchanging it for a different kind of cell phone that day. The reason she has a cell phone is because she likes talking on it. If this problem is as wide spread as it seems on this forum there are a lot of unhappy icampers out there.

20. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I feel for you brother, sorry you the wife is having problems. The issue is known.

What I don't understand is labeling the thread "My wife said", did you get her permission to post this issue? I know we all have to keep them happy, but!!

Kidding you don't take my post personal... just having a little fun.

21. Swiss Miss macrumors member

Swiss Miss

Return the wife, keep the phone. :p

Kidding.

What about have your daughter and wife switch phones for a bit til the update? I wonder if the update will be within the 30-day return? I haven't really kept up too much on all things Apple for the past few days... That'd be pretty terrible if it isn't out within the 30-day time frame though. People should be able to make a decision based on that.

I personally haven't had any problems. I would be pretty upset if I did tho.

22. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

Made me laugh :)

23. TB2010 macrumors newbie

I hear ya. My told me also, Enough is Enough! but that had to do with sEx:D

I have to say far I really like my new iphone 4. I have not dropped calls and the 2 spots that are dead zones on my way home from work I no longer loose signal.

I do use the bumper, always use a case. I did order a customer back from Zagg with my SG on it. Cannot wait to see how it turns out.

Good luck, happy wife is always a good thing. :)

24. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I guess I'm different and so is my marriage. Just because my wife isn't happy doesn't mean our marriage isn't. I don't have to kiss her ass to make my life happy. Nor her mine. If she's not happy doesnt mean I shouldn't either.

My wife can't wait to turn in her 3GS and get a iP4. So far, the iPhone 4 I have has been great. Lucky? Don't know. Could be perception, perspective, or just outright realization its just a phone.

However my wife said it best. A lot of iPhone 4 owners seem to be worse than women at a swap meet. These are the same people that cry when the just bought a new car "what do you mean I have to put gas in it? I just bought it, its new. I shouldn't have to put gas in it or change the oil. Its a brand new car. I don't care if its different than my last one. I should work exactly the way I want to".
    Translation: I shouldn't have to hold this new phone a different way. Its new. I just bought it. It should work the same as my old one.
    A.K.A. Stop whining. If you don't like it, take it back.

No, she's not as needy or needs to be treated special like others. She admits she's an equal. :D

25. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Show her who wears the pants :D