iPhone X My wifi turns off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anitak1982, Feb 24, 2018.

1. anitak1982 macrumors 6502

anitak1982

I have noticed all day that my wifi just turns off. I have reset my router and I am not noticing this on any of my other devices, just my iphone X.

I restarted my phone. I did update to the newest ios operating system but this was doing this before I did.

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Turning of how? Like disconnecting but it worked before? Or does it never connect?

3. anitak1982 thread starter macrumors 6502

anitak1982

My phone would be on wifi and then the minute it would go in sleep mode the wifi would turn off. My first thing to try was to restart it and that didn't work. I tried to call Apple but was on hold so long. I decided to google which is what I should have done before I made this post. Sorry

It said to forget the wifi router and redo it with putting back in the password. Then I reset the network. Also said to turn off bluetooth. I did each of these and it has stayed on. Not sure which one was the fix though. Sorry for this post But thank you for your reply

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Normal behavior for an iPhone in sleep / lock mode, unless the phone is charging.

5. anitak1982 thread starter macrumors 6502

anitak1982

But mine always reconnected immediately. Yesterday I was wondering what my speed was on Verizon so I disabled my wifi and ran a speed test. But then it didn't want to reconnect back stably. BTW: My Verizon speed test was very mediocre

6. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

That behavior is not normal. Did you try reconnecting to the WIFI in a different area of the house? Were you around any device(s) that could have been interfering with your attempted connection?

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

When WiFi disconnects, that’s normal behavior. If WiFi doesn’t reconnect it’s because bad the signal is too weak to reliably reconnect.

My suggestion would be to try to see if it reconnects in the same room as where the router is placed. If it doesn’t reconnect there, then there is an issue with your settings.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 25, 2018 ---
    When WiFi disconnects, that’s normal behavior. If WiFi doesn’t reconnect it’s because bad the signal is too weak to reliably reconnect.

My suggestion would be to try to see if it reconnects in the same room as where the router is placed. If it doesn’t reconnect there, then there is an issue with your settings.

8. anitak1982 thread starter macrumors 6502

anitak1982

I was all over the house. Close to the router, reset the router, all other devices including my iphone se was connecting fine. It wasn't till I reset the network settings and reset the wifi connection by deleting the wifi and reconfiguring it. It has held all day so far

9. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Interesting effect... I'm still sure it was a network setting that was doing it. Like the Auto-Join option.