My Windows sucks

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bki122689, Dec 6, 2008.

1. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

so i have to get a keyboard replacement and i sent my mbp to apple. This means no mbp for 10 days:(.

the only other computer left is my ****** windows desktop. And so far it's crashed three times.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg

10 days please go by fast!!!!!!

pray to jobs for me..

2. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

One word Ubuntu, if you must use a pc for now!

3. hypmatize macrumors regular

4. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Yes, any linux operating system will work just well!

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Aw man... that sucks. Try getting Ubuntu in there. Else, to the river with that Wincrap. (throw it to the river)

6. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

7. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Throw it in the lake of fire!

8. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

My Windows machine is distinctly not good, but it runs well because I put it on a diet. Make sure your drivers are all up to date, especially your video driver. Go into your BIOS and adjust your video memory so you have at least 400MB of RAM for the system to use. Go to theorica.net and download gamexp. Run that and restart when it tells you to. It limits windows' overhead by turning off all the useless junk you don't use in the os. Run msconfig from the run menu, and disable all the startup items you want, except your virus scanner. Instead of running something hoggy like AIM or Digsby, use AIM Lite for your ichat pals. And in display preferences, use classic windows if you like, it saves too.

Theres more you can do, but I rarely come across a crappier windows pc than this compaq notebook, and that's what I've done to make it more passable.