My Worst Customer Service Situation Ever with At&t!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vinay427, Apr 3, 2009.

1. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Hey guys,
    This is the worst customer situation I have ever had with At&t. So I got a $25 referral card from At&t from a MR referral thread. It wasn't the Visa type they usually give, and I can't use it on my bill because my workplace covers that. So, after a lo f research, I decided on the iFrogz Luxe. I would have got something else, but that was the best at At&t. So I go to buy it, just to find out that the At&t website doesn't accept those promotion cards. Then, I call a store, and they say the iFrogz Luxe is only available online and they can't get it for me. So I talk with customer service, then get connected to their supervisor, and she tells me she will connect me to the At&t website customer service. I tell them the whole thing AGAIN, and I have the same problem. Finally, they agree to get it using my promotion card. Then, they tell me there is a $1.50 of tax. The case itself is $24.99, so the tax pushes it over $25. So, I tell them I will pay the tax with another card, but no! It all has to be on the same transaction. So either I have to get something I really don't want or just don't use the card. :mad: I'm still on the phone with their customer service, I'll let you know how it went later.

Times like this make me wish I got the G1 or the Magic which should come out soon. It's open source, and T-mobile has the best customer service for like 5 years in a row from Consumer Reports.

P.S. Also, I have been an At&t customer for over 20 years with home phone service, internet, and U-verse TV. This is ridiculous!

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Just wait a couple days, I'm sure if you keep in contact with AT&T employees you can get treated even worse.

3. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

OP...welcome to America...

They want your money and will do almost anything to get it.

4. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Uhhh... was that supposed to be funny?

That's what my mom always used to say. :cool:

5. tony2979 macrumors newbie

You have been with AT&T for 20 years, your worst customer service experience has been an issue with using a 25 dollar gift card and now you wish you would have switched to T-Mobile and got a G1?

Seriously.....that is the worst problem that you have had in 20 years and it makes you wish you jumped ship?

Yeah....whatever.

6. diemos macrumors 6502

There are retarded people everywhere, you just talked to few. And trust me T-Mobile is worse, they have thousands of hidden fees everywhere. I had them way back when they were Omnipoint.

7. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Yeah, actually it does! It doesn't matter what the monetary value is. Just that they thought of taking advantage of me gets me angry. Android would have been great because it was open source, but I have to admit in the long run I still like the iPhone because of its Mac compatibility and iTunes integration.

Never knew about that! I trust you though because I only know one person who has T-mobile and I've never asked him about it. All I heard is that T-mobile is known for their customer service.

8. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Oh quit whining,

You got $25 for absolutely no work

Seriously it pisses me off when people complain about getting free stuff

9. StevnJ9971 macrumors member

"I'm so mad that someone gave me this $25 for nothing, and now I have to buy something I don't even want."

Um, are you kidding me?

10. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

too bad you cannot urinate on a couple dollar bills and mail it in to make up the difference.

11. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Well it pisses me off when people have no value for money.

I already said that it didn't matter what the monetary value was. In this economy you can get a lot of more useful things for $25, including medicine that could save someone's life.

At&t didn't give me the $25 for nothing, anyway. They got a new customer on a family plan that's paying them a $130 a month.

12. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

You more than likely cost AT&T $50 because that new customer was going to switch to them anyway. You are taking advantage of an AT&T promotion which has been exploited on MacRumors. The promotion is designed for you to recruit new customer, not sit back and hand out codes to people who want to switch so everyone can get free money.

In my opinion, your hassle is the karma of exploiting a generous referral incentive from AT&T.

Oh and "I can't use it on my bill because my workplace covers that." Please, go away with your bitching.

13. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

Why don't you get an iPhone if you're already with AT&T?

14. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

You can't take it out on the CSR. Many places do not allow paying with multiple cards. Apple is actually one of the rare places that does allow it. Call up and try to order something from various places (Staples, Best Buy, Amazon, etc) and ask if you can use multiple cards. You'll be surprised at the number of stores that will tell you no. If it was a coupon or promo code it's a different story. But this card they provide gets treated like a credit card. Unfortunately the system they have for payment processing probably only allows a single payment option.

15. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Was that supposed to help me in any way? Because it didn't.

Huh? I have an iPhone.

Thanks, that is one of the few helpful posts I got. I realize that it isn't their fault, and I never was blaming the CSR, but instead At&t in general. It wasn't fair that they got a new customer and they want us to buy a product in their store to get our $25. By the way, my dad got a Micro SD memory card for his Curve 8310 and payed me back for it, so at least I didn't lose anything.

Also, I wasn't completely clear in my first post. I switched from Verizon to At&t and got a referral by someone else. Even if I didn't use MR, I had a few friends who asked me (a little too late) to use their referral.

16. GrannieSmith macrumors newbie

As someone who gets a lot of gift cards for Christmas (and has used many of them online and over the phone), I've never had a problem paying the balance by another method. Sears (I give my husband a one hundred dollar gift card there for Xmas every year and he always spends more and pays the difference), Target (who even puts "pay another amount with a second card" as a choice on their signature pad after you run your first card - and no, before you get cute, NOT when your first card is turned down; personally I wouldn't know about rejected cards, I just happened to notice that little thing on the pad once), Macys, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and yes - Best Buy. . .I could go on and on.

Generally as long as a company gets paid, they don't care. I've seen women (and this, to me, is sad) pay part of a balance by check and the rest by card I don't know how many times in front of me in places like Ann Taylor, Talbots, and JCPenney - just so their husbands won't know how much they spend (which is another ball of wax entirely). Many, many places allow you to pay with more than one form of payment - honestly, they don't care, as long as they get their dough.

Sounds like a gimmick from AT&T to me.

And the OP is right - the company got yet another iPhone customer with a two year commitment - at over a hundred bucks a month.

17. hypmatize macrumors regular

I have t-mobile and let me tell you it has been great, their customer service is awesome they always work with you and try to find ways to make you bill cheaper without much compromises on your part. I haven't noticed any hidden fees at all. My coverage is great there plan prices are good...I got no complaints ;):D

18. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Thanks for the support! I agree with you completely.

19. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Why can't you just pay part of you monthly bill with it instead? That's what I did. With the money you saved on your bill, you can get whatever you want.

20. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

His company pays the bill, that's what he said in the OP.

21. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A312g Safari/528.16)

Seriously! :)

I wish the worst problem I had was how to spend $25 that someone had given me.

22. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Well, damn, that's even better! This guys has nothing to complain about. ;)

23. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

True, the credit should go to his accounting dept. :)

24. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

ATT doesn't 'usually' give a prepaid credit card, it's always a gift card. Did you read the terms of the referral program when you signed up? :confused:

25. vinay427 thread starter macrumors 6502a

vinay427

For the 154,746,296 time, I pay $150 a month (for a family plan) and they can't oblige to give $25 back?

Great, another person who has no value for $25!

Yeah, but I figured they would oblige because that's what they did when I got the rebates for the other phones on my family plan.