Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
I went to bed last night and woke up to a mysterious green vertical line on the screen. That was an iridescent green or the thicker line which the photo shows as washed out. Subsequently several other thinner lines appeared throughout the morning. If I take a screen photo they don't appear in the photo. So I had to take a photo with another iPhone.

I hadn't dropped the iPhone. I turned it completely off and rebooted it but that didn't help. Anyone else had this problem? I am assuming I will have to take it to Apple.

iPhone Screen with Mysterious Lines.jpeg

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
The display is damaged for whatever reason. Does the phone look like the screen is being lifted off? Quite a few forum members have had the battery bulge which could possibly damage the screen. I'd take it to Apple for a diagnosis to see what your options are

Davydd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
The display is damaged for whatever reason. Does the phone look like the screen is being lifted off? Quite a few forum members have had the battery bulge which could possibly damage the screen. I'd take it to Apple for a diagnosis to see what your options are
Thanks. I checked for the battery bulge and it is definitely the problem.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
For the record for others, this is a photo of the iPhone X battery bulge.

View attachment 935011
Take it or send it to Apple. It’s very possible they will offer a replacement device for the cost of battery replacement which is $69..

Reactions: DeltaMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.